50 Days Off

[ne...]

50 days off here. Hoping for easier times to come since I have a lot of symptoms. I can just tell my nervous system is OFF. More functional than the first few weeks but the idea of entertaining a run, exercise, big outing, etc. is still beyond me. Little wins tucked in but greedy for larger ones.

COngrats just make sure youre getting B vitamins and magnesium in general from FOODS. nerve repair is the most important in the beginning as with anything to do with the brain healing

I hear you—138 Groundhog Days here (according to my iPhone counter). It will be nice not to count days at some point, won't it? 

I am in the market for health gains as well. And grateful for the small wins -- beyond grateful. But yes, time is precious, and I would like to be back to optimal health to enjoy it.

Congrats on passing the 50-day mark. Some people can't hang and turn to the benzos again. Despite the horrendous suffering, we should pat ourselves on the back for sticking this arduous process out and for getting this far...

Congrats on the 138 days and 50 days!

One of the biggest challenges was perception. My brain lying to me. I took notes on what I was doing and how I felt throughout the 12 months of withdraw. Being my own worst critic I really had to give myself a break. For 20 years I was a runner, power lifter, gym, climbing, long distance swimmer, hell for fun I used to train in the pool with San Francisco Bay swimmers.

I still am healthy but zero drive. Not until recent I started going somewhere to meet old friends every Saturday. The rest of the week I just looked forward to that day. write down 2-3 goals and try.

Congrats on the 138 days and 50 days!

One of the biggest challenges was perception. My brain lying to me. I took notes on what I was doing and how I felt throughout the 12 months of withdraw. Being my own worst critic I really had to give myself a break. For 20 years I was a runner, power lifter, gym, climbing, long distance swimmer, hell for fun I used to train in the pool with San Francisco Bay swimmers.

I still am healthy but zero drive. Not until recent I started going somewhere to meet old friends every Saturday. The rest of the week I just looked forward to that day. write down 2-3 goals and try.

Thank you. Giving myself a break resonates. I have been an avid meditator for years, exercised five days a week, didn't drink or drug, had hobbies, traveled, etc. None of those things are happening or have happened in the last months. With the exception of a few meditations.

I am glad you are back to some normalcy. Gosh, that sounds so nice right now. Congrats on being off the meds for over a year.

I’m about 3 off of a taper.  I still get symptoms and there was no moment i can recall of feeling better. Looking back i can see that i just carried on begin resuming life activities without thinking about an increase in symptoms.