Please Answer

[Pe...]

Sorry if I am posting too much. I am half way off my taper of 1.5 clonazepam- now at .75mg. This took a very difficult year. The mental anguish is terrible. Absolute agony. Please any support or advice greatly appreciated.

You're not posting too much.  It's important that you reach out for support! 

This is a very hard process.  When I was in the thick of withdrawal it often took all my strength to simply get through one hour at a time.  Sometimes putting one foot in front of the other and moving forward took strength I didn't even know I had.  But just as everyone here assured me, little by little, the miserable symptoms lifted and the sun shone bright once again.  It will for you too. 

Perseverence, Are your symptoms mainly mental?

It is so hard to feel proud during a taper or any kind of withdrawal. But you are doing something so courageous. You are persevering like your name. It is not easy. Benzodiazepines are the toughest drug/medicine to beat. It is why so many people stay on them stuck in a cycle for years on end and keep going back to the beast. Big pharma wants it that way. They want to keep people hooked. Meanwhile, lives are destroyed and lost to these drugs.

**WE ARE ALL DEFYING THE ODDS**

You can do this. You will get to the other side and be so happy when you do. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. It sounds like you have a good support system with your husband. That is something to be grateful for.

Hi Perse,

I think you are doing awesome!  We are right there together neck and neck.  The things that seem to get me are.... I'm currently struggling with accepting a good day or a good hour without worrying what the next day or hour might be.  I'm trying to practice "rolling with" whatever the day brings.  The worrying about it won't change it.  It just has to "be".    I've posted at times a lot and asked some really great questions like "Am I bipolar" "do I have Alzheimers" and if I didn't use my filter I would have posted a lot more not so nice stuff!  This is difficult. 

Keep going, you are doing great.  Also, please feel free to PM me, we are so close in our tapers we can do this!

Joan, I am so proud of you!!  You’ve come a long way and you WILL make it to the end. Keep pushing and know that I pray for you every day.  Dena