Gi problems

[Yo...]

I’ve had stomach problems since quitting valium and it’s my worst symptom. My stomach is swollen, it gurgles and I’m constipated. I hope this goes away in time because it’s honestly just insanity. I’ve never had a problem with my digestive system pre benzo and on the benzo. It only happened when I was completely free of the poison. I’m scared that this is going to be the way things are for me for the rest of my life and that I may possibly have SIBO. Life feels completely ruined because my gi is so messed up. I hope I’m not alone.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Yo...]

• [Fo...]

• [Fr...]

• [ty...]

Very common, I am 9 months off and have this issue. I take mag citrate and most of the time its ok. I know magnesium is hit or miss in benzo recovery but it works for me most of the time. I'm sure it will get better like all symptoms.

i take 200mg a night. i also drink alot of water. I eat oatmeal every morning with flax seed and an apple.  I eat burrito bowls with brown rice and beans for lunch. I stay away from all red meat, fried food, processes food, sugary food, i only eat wheat bread. Seems to work for me.

I've had all those symptoms. It's very common amongst people recovering so much so that it's referred to as benzo belly. I use Senna to help me pass stool since I have food sensitivities and can't eat enough fiber. I also take a digestive enzyme because I feel it helps me. I am considering testing for Sibo, which is what happens when bacteria gets to a part of the stomach it doesn't belong in, but I don't feel ready for it.

Mines just horrible tbh. I hope my stomach is healing no matter how bad it feels. I also have a lot of pressure in my anus. It’s actually horrific. I fear bowel movements as well but it’s gotta get done.

Lots of receptors in the stomach explains the benzo belly. Hopefully, it heals with time as we take care of our bodies (exercise, nutrition, positivity). Benzo belly is a hard symptom!

literally pain everywhere i cant wait to be set free of this pain. its like playing Russian roulette with these symptoms hoping the next day will be better or symptoms gone as a whole.

I feel like nobody talks about the gi issues to much when it no doubt has to be the worst symptom. There’s no way my digestive system feels this terrible. IT’s insanity

I probably should scrap the magnesium citrate. Don’t want my body becoming dependent on it. Water and fiber supplement is my best bet and also running up and down my house.

Can anybody else not tell when they have to poop cuz I literally don’t know when I can or not? Even tho the urge is there like 24/7 basically. It’s so Annoying and painful