Are there any ladies on progesterone who have come off benzos while taking proge

[jo...]

Are there any ladies on progesterone who have come off benzos while taking progesterone?

How do you feel?

Do you feel the progesterone is making things more up and down?

I'm on both.

Hi Journey,

I finished my clonazepam taper November of 2017 and then tapered off of estrogen the following year or so.  When I had tried to taper off of the HRT a few years before, I felt like I was dying, so stopped the taper. 

When I finally did get off, I cut small crumbs off of the dry pill which helped not to bring back the "dying feeling."

Is there any way you can switch to a dry pill instead of a capsule?

If not, then perhaps empty the capsule into a little pill cup and cut back that way.

For perhaps six months after I was no longer on estrogen, my hot flashes came back, but they did go away. Now and then if I am stressed, I get one, but it's worth not being on the HRT anymore.

I wish you well.

NG

Hi Journey,

I finished my clonazepam taper November of 2017 and then tapered off of estrogen the following year or so.  When I had tried to taper off of the HRT a few years before, I felt like I was dying, so stopped the taper. 

When I finally did get off, I cut small crumbs off of the dry pill which helped not to bring back the "dying feeling."

Is there any way you can switch to a dry pill instead of a capsule?

If not, then perhaps empty the capsule into a little pill cup and cut back that way.

For perhaps six months after I was no longer on estrogen, my hot flashes came back, but they did go away. Now and then if I am stressed, I get one, but it's worth not being on the HRT anymore.

I wish you well.

NG

Thanks for sharing your experience with oestrogen.

How did you feel coming off the progesterone?

Journey, I had a hysterectomy and was taken off of progesterone following the surgery.

I spent the next 9 months recovering.  I was tired, but don't recall anything else. 

During that time I graduated from the university and went to work at the university health science center doing research for a year, until funding ran out.  Working got my mind off of the loss of so many hormones that went away with a total hysterectomy. I should have kept my ovaries, but decided I would not have to worry about ovarian cancer if they took those too.  My body eventually adjusted.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

NG

Journey, I had a hysterectomy and was taken off of progesterone following the surgery.

I spent the next 9 months recovering.  I was tired, but don't recall anything else. 

During that time I graduated from the university and went to work at the university health science center doing research for a year, until funding ran out.  Working got my mind off of the loss of so many hormones that went away with a total hysterectomy. I should have kept my ovaries, but decided I would not have to worry about ovarian cancer if they took those too.  My body eventually adjusted.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

NG

Thanks, I was looking for ladies who are on progesterone specifically.

I will start a another thread as people will think this one has been answered.

Journey, I understand. Hopefully you will get some more responses.  When I was tapering off of my HRT, I posted on here for comments on how others have gotten off and their meds, etc., and received no responses.

Take care,

NG