8 weeks and 4 days off Klonopin after 6 month taper from 12 years taking

[Wa...]

My name is Amber and I am 8 weeks and 4 days off of Klonopin. I am currently taking buspar and hydroxyzine. I take gabapentin for my fibromyalgia which I have had for at least 15 years. I took clonazepam for 12 years. At least 2 mg a day sometimes three. I did a 6 month taper. The first month completely off was so hard. I did not feel like I was in my own body. Everything was fuzzy and I was very scared. Not only that but about 6 days before I stopped taking them I kicked my boyfriend out. He has lived with me for about 11 years and he was continuing to use drugs and I had had enough. I have been off drugs for 16 years but I am still currently on methadone. That is my next battle. I still cannot believe he's gone. It is very bittersweet. I called the police and ended up getting a restraining order. I'm not used to being in my apartment alone and it is scary at times but I am also very excited. I just had my 40th birthday in December. Although mentally I feel like I'm in my early twenties. So as all of this was going on with my withdrawals and my ex on a 3-day meth binge with no sleep, my daughter found me. I gave her up at 3 days old 😢 and the day before Thanksgiving she found me. That was the first day that the withdrawals really we're messing with my head. So all of this is happened in a span of 3 days. I thank God for giving me the strength to finally get him out. I thank God for my serious symptoms being gone. I can actually stay up from morning till night like a normal person. I think that's a big reason I stayed with my ex because I lived my whole life in the bedroom sleeping. So here I am waking up after 12 years with no real friends and every single person in my family is currently fentanyl addicts. I am spending time with them right now because it is hard to be alone several days in a row. I need to make some friends soon. I am looking for a church to start and hopefully I will meet some people then. I never thought it was possible to get off Klonopin and the thought of it terrified me. My new psychiatrist wanted me to get off in 6 weeks. I was so scared. I went to my primary care doctor and told her that I was willing to get off of it but that 6 weeks was way too fast and asked to please give me 6 months. I am very thankful for her. I did a 6-month taper from 2 mg and every week I would drop. From 2 mg to 1 and 1/2 then 1 mg. Then half and then a quarter. Eventually I was taking a quarter of a 0.5 pill. I took that every other day for two weeks maybe a couple days more and then when it was time to take that quarter piece one to two times a week, my serious depersonalization and derealization occurred. I thought I was shell shocked or something so at that point I took 3/4 of a milligram hoping the feelings would go away but they did not. After taking i0.125 every 3 days for about 12 days I stopped. I could have taken it a little longer but there was no need. That feeling in my head wasn't going away even with that 3/4 of a milligram so I knew it was time to stop and I was going to have to deal with this. And I did. And I have blossomed since then. I'm taking showers on a regular basis and I live like a normal person now, not a recluse hiding in the bedroom. I still get anxious at times. I can't remember things that happened yesterday. I cannot do any kind of math or anything where I really have to use my brain. I am having nightmares but then again that has always been something with me. I'm just happy not to have that monkey on my back. And once I feel a little more comfortable I will be starting my taper from methadone. I'm sorry if this wasn't written well enough but I am still having issues with memory especially short-term memory and focus. It's possible to get off and it's wonderful. I hope my story can possibly give somebody hope. Thank you.

You had a lot on your plate and you managed to successfully free yourself from the drug, congratulations.  I hope you feel better and better and your life fills with joy and contentment.