New to the community, 20M

[Da...]

this is the first drug I've become dependant of lol that's twisted

i am as of late tolerant to 2mg, and i am not going up. therefore, the only way is down.

been on Clonazepam, for about 9 months, and have alternated between 1-2mg whenever i felt so i dont have a baseline to part from which i think is going to make this process very hard.

i haven't started my taper yet, i need help regarding that; I consulted with my psychiatrist but I feel like it is much too fast and I'd like to hear other users' opinion. i also have some upcoming important stuff and the motions of withdrawal are not something id like

i guess ill save the rest for whatever post i make, thank you for welcoming me

Hello DarkTimeofMyLife :hug:  Welcome to Benzobuddies, 

We are glad you joined the forum, we can help you with tapering information and support.  When you are ready to taper,  slow and careful is the best way with these drugs.  It’s suggested to reduce between 5/10% every 10/14 days.  You can slow it down, I would taper at a rate that’s suitable for you, whatever feels comfortable.  You will learn more about tapering if you post to the taper boards.  Please feel free to check out the resources and to post questions. 

A good resource about benzodiazepines is the Ashton Manual, finding the manual was a huge part of me getting well again.  It took away a lot of fear, and helped me to keep going. It’s  great for learning about benzodiazepines and the effects they have on the body, CHAPTER III , reassured me that  the withdrawal symptoms were temporary.

Here a few links to resources:

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

The Ashton Manual 

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

You might like to post here:

Klonopin Klub 

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome Aboard

Magrita