Has the Inner Compass site been discussed

[ee...]

Another site i came across recently called the inner compass.

Their site has a mountain of tapering advice,  much as BB does. They give you good planning advice, what happens as you taper  etc. They do however mention a payment plan just to join the community,  so i kind of went,  meh.

Has anyone checked them out ? Just curious.

Yes, we are aware of the The Withdrawal Project (TWP) — an effort of the Inner Compass Initiative.  Indeed, my understanding is that one of the main TWP content creators was a BenzoBudddies moderator at one point.  For readers who wish to learn more:

Home Page | The Withdrawal Project

https://withdrawal.theinnercompass.org/

Thanks again, I will check them out. I've read the Ashton Manual, the Benzo book and Accidental Addict, and I STILL don't feel I have enough info to figure this taper out :-\

You don't have to pay to join the exchange,which operates like a private social media site. It is absolutely free. You only pay if you want access to additional content, plus they have scholarships for the $9.99 plan which gives you access to zoom talks, discussions and whatnot. They do have a vetting process which keeps trolls off of the site. I've been on there for a few months and like it.

Hello, Tinkered.  Thank you so much for letting us know that The Withdrawal Project/Inner Compass offers  a for-fee service.  You’ve indicated you like it.  Can you tell us more about what you like?

Sure. I like the site because it is personable, people use their real names, and you can block topics and posts that are triggering. They have a bi-weekly Zoom call for members to introduce themselves and old members join too. The paid subscription has Zoom discussions on various topics related to withdrawal, and sometimes just live recordings with a chat feature for Q&A. The fees just help them keep up with the costs of running the site. I primarily joined because they have a connect feature where you can search for people in your area, although I haven't had any luck with it. I was hoping to meet some people in real life that have similar experiences and form a mutual aid group for support. I think the exchange site is fairly new, it used to be a FB site (I don't do FB), so there isn't a ton of activity but it is growing.

This is good news. I am glad I posted this. I think I will always remain a BB member for as long as I am tapering, and probably after I am done, whenever that will be, but its good to have as much advise as possible and I really did learn a lot more just reading the whole "Learn" part of it.

I believe it was cofounded by Nicole Lamberson of Benzo Information Coalition and Laura Delano

I seen their YouTube videos a lot!! Excellent stuff

I for one don’t need another site, but for beginners this may be helpful etc.

It required a ton of info upon joining.

Winnie

I believe it was cofounded by Nicole Lamberson of Benzo Information Coalition and Laura Delano

Winnie

I’m not a beginner and it is very helpful for me. Also not leaving BB.

I’m so glad it’s helpful Tinkered

My cognition is pretty beat up from COVID infections, vaccine and benzos, otherwise I’d give it another go.

From what I remembered it was a great site.

Those are two pretty amazing people who cofounded it.

Winnie  :)

I’m so glad it’s helpful Tinkered

My cognition is pretty beat up from COVID infections, vaccine and benzos, otherwise I’d give it another go.

From what I remembered it was a great site.

Those are two pretty amazing people who cofounded it.

Winnie  :)

Thanks. I figure the more help, resources and connections we have the better. It takes a village, so they say. I’d like to find a tribe locally. Covid is no joke. It messed me up too but I’m getting better, sooner than expected. Hope you do too.

• 3 months later...
Update: I have been told they are no longer offering a free option, and this is solely a pay for membership only platform. I deleted my account awhile back because it seemed a little too culty.

• 2 weeks later...

Winnie

I do believe Ms. Lamberson co-founded it. Her story is also heartbreaking. She gave a presentation to the Colorado Consortium and was interviewed by a psychiatrist (along with Dr. Huff) that was very impactful. Much respect for all they've done for us.

Laura Delano is the Founder and Executive Director of Inner Compass Initiative and The Withdrawal Project

Nicole Lamberson is the Co-Founder of The Withdrawal Project.

The Withdrawal Project is one of several Inner Compass Initiative (ICI) projects.  Here’s the full project list from the ICI website:

The Withdrawal Project (TWP). TWP is an information resource designed to help people empower themselves to make more meaningfully informed choices — aligned with their personal desires and needs — regarding taking, reducing, and coming off psychiatric drugs. TWP's website includes a free, comprehensive, self-directed Companion Guide to Psychiatric Drug Withdrawal aimed at helping people learn and make decisions about the most risk-minimizing ways to prepare for tapering off and more responsibly taper off antidepressants, benzodiazepines, stimulants, antipsychotics, mood stabilizers, Z-drugs and other psychiatric drugs, along with coping techniques for dealing with common withdrawal symptoms.

Inner Compass Conversations. At the start of the COVID crisis, we began regular livestream conversations and Q&As inside a private Facebook community. As of Summer 2022, we have 70 archived videos that cover a wide variety of topics, including psychiatric diagnoses and self, coping with psychiatric drug withdrawal, how to support someone in the process of coming off medications, and many more.  (Note: This Facebook group may have been superseded by the Inner Compass Exchange.)

Inner Compass Exchange. Our newest initiative, launched in Fall 2022, provides space for community members to support one another, organize virtual and in-person groups and events, and engage in conversation about the immediate and longer-term questions, concerns, and challenges that arise from taking or coming off psychiatric drugs, receiving psychiatric diagnoses, or otherwise engaging with the mental health industry.

Learn/Unlearn. This section of our website includes accessible, critical analyses of the mechanisms of action, effectiveness, safety and harms of the major classes of psychiatric drugs. It also includes an ever-expanding collection of articles that provide insights into the science and marketing of psychiatric drugs, the construction and promotion of psychiatric diagnoses, and alternative ways of understanding and moving through mental and emotional challenges.

ICI Connect. This one-on-one networking tool helps people who are asking questions or thinking critically about the mental health system find and connect with each other online or in person. Through geographical and interest-based searching, registered members can search for other members who live nearby to spark new friendships or collaborations, exchange mutual support, organize events or groups, set up crisis networks, or begin to build grassroots community alternatives to the mental health system. 

TWP Connect. This one-on-one networking tool hosted on ICI’s Withdrawal Project website allows registered members who are thinking about, are in the process of, or have past experiences of reducing or coming off psychiatric drugs to find and connect with one another. TWP Connect facilitates mutual support, the sharing of helpful resources and tips, in-person meetings, and hope and inspiration between members. 

Links:

About Us

https://www.theinnercompass.org/about

Who We Are

https://www.theinnercompass.org/team