when can i sleep normally?

[Du...]

I wake up every 30 mins after every dream. I wake up about 10 times per night, and only achieved a total of 3 hours fragmented sleep. Why is this happening? I have been off short dosage of benzo (0.5mg Lorazepam 3 weeks) since end May 22 but sleep is extremely scared and disturbed. I wake up feeling extremely tired every morning.

I wish I knew, I know you must be so miserable.  I recently went through some sleep deprivation, not related to benzo’s and I got a good reminder about what you’re going through. 

Have you been able to associate any sleeping difficulty with certain routines, stress, supplements or medications?

it was prescribed together with Prozac for anxiety. I took some pregabalin afterthat also.

Introductory doses of zopiclone, mirtazapine, hydroxide, olanzapine can't put me to sleep at all, not even a hour.  My current combination of 50mg (fluoxetine) and 0.5mg Risperdal don't make me sleep neither, it helped me to sleep about 6 broken hours here and there per night but now , I 'm not even sleeping for a hour. 

I haven't slept much for the last 5 consecutive days. I'm so sleepy but I can't sleep day or night. Am I dying?

Unfortunately, it is probably benzo-related, although it is hard to say since you have other medications in the mix. That can further complicate things since each drug has its own side effect profile and is mixed with another medication; who knows...if you can avoid other meds, you will be better off in the long run, in my humble opinion. (To each their own, though.)

You are not dying. Insomnia after benzo use is VERY common. From my research in the last 4.5 months, I would guess it is one of the most common symptoms other than anxiety.

MANY (if not all of the) people on this forum deal with sleep adjustment. It can adjust on its own if you let it. It just takes time, and there is pain involved in the process. It sucks.

Part of the problem becomes anticipating that you won't sleep, fearing that you feel unsafe in bed, etc. then you have a cycle on your hands that becomes difficult to break. Which is the point that Pamster raises.

I did not sleep for 30 days total coming off of Ativan -- ZERO sleep or waking up every 1-2 hours. It was horrible, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, and I feel for you. People are tortured in foreign prisons with sleep deprivation...

Do you have other physical symptoms, or is it solely insomnia?

Broken sleep is very common for many on this forum.  I am in month 19th post CT of 3 weeks use of benzos.  I have adjusted and do not fear broken sleep.  It gets better and I look forward to the time that I will get a four hour block of sleep without waking up.  It is my last symptom besides tinnitus.

I am not bed bound but like you I have trouble sleeping those last days

I think I might have tapered too quickly. Now that I am at 1mg I will try to stay there one more week otherwise I will surely get back to a bigger Ativan dose like 1'5mg so I can sleep well and taper it again. This is so annoying, I was so happy and confident with the dose cutting.

• 2 weeks later...

Same on my side. I still wake up like 20 times per night at least. Do you think i should start taking some meds for insomnia?

I am trying to find information about natural drops r something similar on Canadian Pharmacy Online website, but no luck so far.

Anyone can recommend something for insomnia without strong side effects?