13 months of no emotions. Please lend me strength.

[Th...]

I want to feel something good in this world. Love, comfort, contentment. I miss loving my partner and feeling love. I force myself to eat everyday. Today I went to pick up my fork and but stopped. Why am I doing this? How much farther can I go?

Someone please say something.

I feel exactly the same way, I'd settle for a little peace of mind even. There's a difference between existing and living, I remember enough to know that, just hoping to be that living guy again some day. Just keep holding on is all I can say.

I made it 4 months off of clonazepam and felt feelings. It was amazing. However I’ve gone into a severe depression and I’m now back to feeling nothing but fear and anxiety constantly. I am sorry you guys are suffering. We must continue to push and try to find ways to feel again.

It will return,  the feelings and emotions and love

Even the sex was without any feelings.

The body gets numb. Theres no pleasue even if you do sex.

I dont remember how much time it took and how many years have passed since I'm benzo free.

But I remember I was very slow to heal

It took almost 2 - 2.5 years to get the feelings back.

I was void of all feelings for quite a few months my experience was that sadness came back first. I remember being scared that someone I cared about would die and I wouldn’t even show any sadness and everyone would think I didn’t care.    The first time I cried I was so relieved. Oddly I wanted to feel something even if it was just sadness and at first that’s all it was. I feel that sadness coming back was the ice breaker for the other emotions to come back. Weirdly listening to country music of all things I believe helped me.  Lot of sad songs as well as love songs surround yourself in it when doing random things like dishes and errands and those emotions will start to come back (at least it did for me )

It will return,  the feelings and emotions and love

Even the sex was without any feelings.

The body gets numb. Theres no pleasue even if you do sex.

I dont remember how much time it took and how many years have passed since I'm benzo free.

But I remember I was very slow to heal

It took almost 2 - 2.5 years to get the feelings back.

That’s amazing you’ve improved. Did you also lose pleasure in music?

Thank you all for replying. I'm sorry to not have thanked you sooner but your replies really pulled me through.

63dman and Trtguy23

I'm sorry you are in the same boat as me. I wish you didn't have this also, but I am thankful I am not alone

Dear leann

The road is too long.  Thank you for helping me feel seen. I hope this is a better year for you.

Raiz and Jdoe1211

Thank you for posting pieces of hope.