Clonazepam tapering help needed! X-posted

[16...]

[16...]

(Cross posted to direct simple tapers.)

I’ve been feeling like I’m in tolerance and I’m not going up, so the only way is down. I have not started tapering K since I switched a few months ago, see signature. I have 1 mg tablets. I really don’t want to make more than a 10% reduction. I don’t have a scale but I suppose I can order one in it will be necessary for this. I’m also open to trying liquid titration with some serious math help! Actually I’m going to need some serious math help with any type of taper. Last time I was tapering I was just breaking a pill in half and making way too big cuts.

Anyone who can help me with this? I greatly appreciate any help or suggestions! I should add that I have zero experience with liquid titration and I’m not sure if it’s going to be a better option for me than direct cuts. So I really do appreciate any advice and experience!

I wouldI suggest getting a .001 g scale like the GEM20 from Amazon or Ebay.  It will be key while tapering if you use the dry method. 

I would start with a small cut, maybe 5% for a couple weeks or so to "test the waters."  I use a metal nail file to shave my tablets.  To figure out the amount to shave, convert the percentage to decimal format.  So if you were to want to reduce by 5%, you would use .05 and multiply that and the total daily weight of your tablets.

In your case it would be the total current weight of the three 1 mg tablets you take.

This is where you'd need a scale to weigh your tablets.

Since you are starting with a relatively large amount of K, you probably can continue your tapering reduction by 10%.  Still, you want to be guided by your symptoms and hold longer or make smaller cuts if symptoms are too rough.

I'm tapering clonazepam, so reviewing my signature may give you a good idea for a flexible tapering plan.

[16...]

I wouldI suggest getting a .001 g scale like the GEM20 from Amazon or Ebay.  It will be key while tapering if you use the dry method. 

I would start with a small cut, maybe 5% for a couple weeks or so to "test the waters."  I use a metal nail file to shave my tablets.  To figure out the amount to shave, convert the percentage to decimal format.  So if you were to want to reduce by 5%, you would use .05 and multiply that and the total daily weight of your tablets.

In your case it would be the total current weight of the three 1 mg tablets you take.

This is where you'd need a scale to weigh your tablets.

Since you are starting with a relatively large amount of K, you probably can continue your tapering reduction by 10%.  Still, you want to be guided by your symptoms and hold longer or make smaller cuts if symptoms are too rough.

I'm tapering clonazepam, so reviewing my signature may give you a good idea for a flexible tapering plan.

I’m still a little confused but I think I should be able to figure this out. You are talking about dry cuts, yes? Also is the GEM20 the Gemini scale? If I’m going to get a scale I definitely need a decent one that won’t break the bank. So any scale suggestions would be helpful too. Thanks for your reply and I was also sort of thinking about starting my cuts at 5%, or possibly micro tapering. Yes, I want to do a symptom led taper for the most part, but I usually feel like utter crap when tapering anyway, so it’s kind of a hard thing to go by.  I’m trying to figure out what will be my best option but I guess that’s probably a little bit of trial and error, too.

Yes, I'm talking about dry cuts, using the cut and hold tapering method.  I don't feel qualified explaining using liquid to taper. 

The GEM20 is the Gemini-20 scale, and it's the one I and some other members here use.  It's available on Amazon.com.  There are others.  Prob the best thing would be to do a search using "jeweler's scale" as your search text.  You'll want one that has the capacity to weigh very small amounts (.001 g), not the .01 g models.  I believe mine cost around $35.

If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to try to answer them for you.