Advice needed, 5% cut vs. daily cut

[Ch...]

Hello friends. I just started my taper from Klonopin for the second time. I am taking .5 twice per day. I am currently thinking of cutting 5-7% every 2 weeks from my morning dose. Can anyone give advice if you like the cuts every two weeks or shaving .001 daily? Thank you for any advice!!

This really depends on each individual. Each method also has its own pros and cons. If you're starting out I would suggest you start with cut and hold (a percentage cut every two weeks) rather than daily micro tapering. The reason for this is at the start you don't really know what percentage your body can handle. If you make cuts every two weeks it's much easier to determine whether those percentages are right for you or not.

If you do a daily micro taper you should taper according to percentages as well. If you only cut 0.001mg per day at a starting dose of 1mg you're probably tapering too slow and it will take you very long. Don't get me wrong, you CAN taper that way it will just take you a very long time to finish. That's why I say daily micro tapering needs to be done on a percentage basis as well. But if you micro taper on a daily basis it's very difficult to determine whether that percentage is working for you because it's spread out and it has an accumulation effect. Let me know if you need more clarification.

• 2 weeks later...