Ativan Already Started Taper - Doc Can't See Me for a Month! No Valium!

[Ju...]

Started Taper 1/13. 2 mg Ativan - cut in half and was going up to 24 hours w/o but using Ambien (10mg) to sleep at night. This was PRIOR to discovering Ashton Manual, Benzo Buddies, etc. My doc has been swallowed up by huge hospital. All electronic communication now and the earliest he can see me is 2/15. I was hoping to get a script for Valium so I could taper using Ashton method.  I've already started taper and do not want to go back up. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

(update) - my doctor reached out and scheduled a "zoom" - he agreed to the Valium taper. I'll pick that up today 1/25 and and my starting point will be 1 mg ativan 10 mg Valium. (I was 2 mg Ativan at night and Ambien 10mg  (off and on with the Ambien).

It looks like continuing with the Ativan is your only choice until you can meet with your doctor.  Do you know for sure they’ll cross you over to Valium?

Are you dealing with interdose withdrawal, is that why you want to cross to Valium?

Hi Pamster!

Thanks for replying. I appreciate it.

So, my doctor reached out and said "let's do a zoom visit" - so we did one yesterday. He was not familiar with the Ashton Method but he read about her after I'd sent him an email. He said he agreed with valium crossover and was more than happy to tweak it if Valium doesn't work for me. I have made it thru initial withdrawals prior (unplanned!)but got back on Ativan as soon as I had to go back to work because I wasn't getting sleep, and worried I'd lose my job.

I realize now, there will come a time when I probably will not be able to sleep. Or I'll get sleep but it will be very short. At this point, I'm hoping things will be manageable and my job won't suffer, however, if it does, and I lose it...I'd rather have my health back and maybe I'll find a better job!

Thanks again for checking in.  :smitten:

Very glad to hear your doctor came through for you, please keep us posted on your crossover attempt, it can be a bit challenging and some feel the Ashton method is a bit aggressive.  We want to help you succeed.