Vyvanse

[co...]

Has anyone been on Vyvanse? If so, did you have taper from it? I had to do it fairly quickly.  I've been off it for about 7 weeks now and I have NO energy whatsoever.  I can hardly function.  It really gave me a serious boost of energy each day, but I would also get a crash around 2pm or so.  I just can't seem to get up and go.  I have no motivation. No energy. No drive to do anything except sleep.  I hate this feeling! Does it go away?

I did taper to 1mg klonopin around the same time. Started out at 2mg last May and got down to 1mg in middle November. 

I had major surgery 7 weeks ago.  I had a total knee revision.  Very intense and painful surgery.

I took my last Vyvanse the day after my surgery.

2 weeks later I got Covid. It knocked me on my ass.

I also found out that I'm super iron deficient anemic and very low vitamin D.

I'm sure all of the above is contributing to my severe fatigue.  But, I think Vyvanse was seriously helping me fight the fatigue.  Now, I don't have it. 

My doctor won't prescribe it because I was tested and I don't have ADHD.  I took Vyvanse for over 15 years!!!!

I also just came off of Lamictal. Took my last one a few days ago.

I'm just wiped out. Spent.

I'm also in pain from the surgery.  Bone pain.  I have physical therapy twice a week too. 

I'm finding it so hard to accomplish things.  And the depression has been hideous.

Has anyone been on Vyvanse? If so, did you have taper from it? I had to do it fairly quickly.  I've been off it for about 7 weeks now and I have NO energy whatsoever.  I can hardly function.  It really gave me a serious boost of energy each day, but I would also get a crash around 2pm or so.  I just can't seem to get up and go.  I have no motivation. No energy. No drive to do anything except sleep.  I hate this feeling! Does it go away?

I did taper to 1mg klonopin around the same time. Started out at 2mg last May and got down to 1mg in middle November. 

I had major surgery 7 weeks ago.  I had a total knee revision.  Very intense and painful surgery.

I took my last Vyvanse the day after my surgery.

2 weeks later I got Covid. It knocked me on my ass.

I also found out that I'm super iron deficient anemic and very low vitamin D.

I'm sure all of the above is contributing to my severe fatigue.  But, I think Vyvanse was seriously helping me fight the fatigue.  Now, I don't have it. 

My doctor won't prescribe it because I was tested and I don't have ADHD.  I took Vyvanse for over 15 years!!!!

I also just came off of Lamictal. Took my last one a few days ago.

I'm just wiped out. Spent.

I'm also in pain from the surgery.  Bone pain.  I have physical therapy twice a week too. 

I'm finding it so hard to accomplish things.  And the depression has been hideous.

Your brain will adjust to being off Vyvanse. It has to start producing dopamine on its own again. If you took it for weight loss purpose, did it help you lose weight? I think it stops acting after a certain time, never took it. Took something similar, short-acting, which first made me lose weight. And then I regained all the weight.

If you have depression, you may feel better on an AD. Why did you stop Lamictal? It has anti-depressant properties. I remember a girl here who greatly benefited from the Lamictal-Prozac combo. But we are all different. Effexor XR was a perfect AD for me as far as weight loss goes. It affects serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine.

Right now, your dopamine receptors are fried by Vyvanse. You must have reached tolerance years ago. Benzos also affect dopamine and the reward system.

These SNRIs seem to act much longer than common stimulants for ADHD/weight loss. BTW, I'm wondering if Vyvanse shouldn't be tapered...

I can feel your pain as I'm also terribly depressed, with no energy to do whatsoever. Causes are a bit different. I'm super deficient in vitamin D. But vitamin D it gives me hot flashes. If you could see an endo to measure all the vitamin D parameters in the blood and try some treatment. That would be great. You need to eat lots of fish and eggs, they're the best source of vitamin D. I cannot stand either. I have anaemia as well. If you've got any questions I'm here. Take care.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh dang, dont see many mention Lamictal. I was on 600mg a day. That is what started this whole mess. I had serious memory issues. Spent a day in testing to determine I had pretty advanced ADHD, like 12yo kid kinda nutty. She offered VyVanse but Benzos had to go. Ive actually got my memory back with some pretty cool recall ability. Last thing left to cut is Ambien. I am still having waves from 13 months off of benzos but I dont care at this point about the VyVanse as I feel it kept my chin up during this deal.

If I miss a dose im pretty whacked out. I hear it's not fun But think it pales in comparison to Benzo WD.

Oh dang, dont see many mention Lamictal. I was on 600mg a day. That is what started this whole mess. I had serious memory issues. Spent a day in testing to determine I had pretty advanced ADHD, like 12yo kid kinda nutty. She offered VyVanse but Benzos had to go. Ive actually got my memory back with some pretty cool recall ability. Last thing left to cut is Ambien. I am still having waves from 13 months off of benzos but I dont care at this point about the VyVanse as I feel it kept my chin up during this deal.

If I miss a dose im pretty whacked out. I hear it's not fun But think it pales in comparison to Benzo WD.

Yes, for some people it's more trouble-free to taper amphetamine stimulants than benzos. Benzos are the most difficult to taper and the most likely to reinstate, IMO. It's also easier to keep the dose consistent with stimulants. For people with diagnosed ADHD, these meds do have a calming effect. But if benzo dependence is already in the picture, then we have a serious problem. Cause benzo consumption may go up to offset stimulant effects.

Stimulants are extremely tough on the cardiovascular system, especially the heart. I guess clonidine is a much better option as an add-on med to stimulants, but it isn't as "attractive" as benzos.