diurex and other water pills

[De...]

anyone using diurex for water retention ? how it does affect you? I'm interested if anyone is using another kind of diuretic to adress water retention, thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!) I have a very big water retention - 26lbs (12 liters) and I can't walk because of this. I'm 20 months but it still with me. ( Used torasemide (with asparkam), spironolactone, triampur compositum, various herbal diuretics - nothing helps me. More precisely, after the first 2-3 doses, tolerance appears and the water does not come off.

Together with the first 2-3 doses of a diuretic, water leaves for 1 day - 1 liter, for 2 days - 0.5 liters. But then it stops

All my labs are ok: prolactin, cortisol, adrenocorticotropic hormone, aldosterone, natrium, potassium, chlorine etc

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for responding,  didn't answered before because I did something here and the shortcuts to see last posts and who answered mines disappeared,

I didn't took diurex yet, and diuretics in general makes me feel worst the following days, furosemide, amiloride, can't stand taking them.

where is your fluid retention  located? thanks

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for responding,  didn't answered before because I did something here and the shortcuts to see last posts and who answered mines disappeared,

I didn't took diurex yet, and diuretics in general makes me feel worst the following days, furosemide, amiloride, can't stand taking them.

Thanks for answer!

I have a massive swelling all over body - from head to heel. And I can't walk because of this.

I visited 7 doctors but no one knows the reason (2 psychiatrists, 3 therapists, paramedic, gastroenterologist)

But swelling increases after eating carbohydrates for 2-3 days (apples, orange). Maybe it's a food intolerance.

And I need to completely eliminate fruits from my diet :(

Now I'm on indapamide + spironolactone

So I only eat broccoli and chicken fillet, because I got bloating like pregnant with other food

It starts on 3rd month and still happening now - I'm 21 months today.

Brain recovered by 80% but my gut still hurts

PS sorry for my english) :laugh:

Furosemide is a heavy and dangerous drug.

It flushes minerals out from the body and can cause heart problems.

I don't use it because it is.