Stevie Nicks: Oprah's Masterclass (Full Show) She talks about Klonopin.

[Be...]

Stevie Nicks: Oprah's Masterclass (Full Show) I've read interviews about Nicks Klonopin use. At 32:39 she talks about her experience with Klonopin in this show. Shockingly, over the years, her dose was increased and she was at her highest at 6mg. Just skip ahead to the 32:39 minute mark if you only want to hear her speak about the Klonopin use. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnjEg2qnOaM

• 2 weeks later...

Her story was the first one I found when I started searching for what happened to me, I was only a few weeks past my cold turkey and was scared to learn I would have to suffer for 47 days, little did I know what I was really facing. 

I was disappointed she focused more on what the Klonopin did to her rather than horror of the drug withdrawal.

Her story was the first one I found when I started searching for what happened to me, I was only a few weeks past my cold turkey and was scared to learn I would have to suffer for 47 days, little did I know what I was really facing. 

I was disappointed she focused more on what the Klonopin did to her rather than horror of the drug withdrawal.

I’ve been trying to find more info. Did she have a withdrawal?!

So her withdrawal was 47 days? And then she resumed life?!

She had an inpatient detox. I read elsewhere that she spent about 2 years recovering. During that time, she began songwriting again, something she lost the ability to do during her Klonopin use. Immersing herself back into music helped her with healing. She has described the detox as 47 days of fighting for her life, willing herself to survive. She was determined to get back the life she lost, she knew she would someday, now that the Klonopin was out of her system. She says that she lost 8 years of her career to Klonopin, 8 years she will never get back. She resumed life in her eyes, but she still wasn't back to where she was before she was prescribed Klonopin. That would take time. 

Funny how the media spins it so that it appears to be a “short” withdrawal and then her life resumed. Feeds the lies that it’s safe to use long term.

Well, Oprah Winfrey produced this. She at the end, refers to Nicks overcoming her "addictions" which I found annoying, because Nicks was never addicted to Klonopin. And maybe Stevie Nicks didn't want to dwell on the actual withdrawal. She didn't with her cocaine detox either. She basically lost her career in music to Klonopin. Cocaine didn't do that to her. I lost my creativity and executive functioning skills due to Klonopin. The latter has returned gradually, the former has yet to come back.

Funny how the media spins it so that it appears to be a “short” withdrawal and then her life resumed. Feeds the lies that it’s safe to use long term.

Produced by Oprah Winfrey; Oprah prefers feel good, uplifting, stuff. Basically pablum, which is why I could never watch her show.