120 days no Valium - Cold Turkey

[...]

Hi,

Just wanted to say that I feel much better now. Withdrawals are gone I suppose. Still some craving sometimes, that’s all.

It was so hard at the beginning. I wouldn’t do it again. But now I am feeling much more free / alive / happy.

Thanks for the support I found here sometimes.

It’s not over, still a lot to do. But no withdrawals anymore :)

Take care, and stay strong !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations 🎊🎉!!

How long were you on Valium and what dose?

2-3 years, 10-5mg / daily

--

Still feeling good. Almost no more cravings. Still need to learn to manage my emotions. As I used Valium and alcohol to do that.

Life is better now, compared to while on Valium / before taking Valium.

Hope you are doing well / better / not too bad !

Thank you for the update, I’m happy to know you’re doing so well, I agree that being benzo free and recovered is so much better than being on the drug. 

Keep working on those tools and never let the drug convince you its the only way you can manage life, you got this.  :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It's been about 110 days cold turkey for me and although I'm.not symptom free I'm certainly a different person to what I was even a month ago. My symptoms seem to suddenly lessen about two weeks ago. I'm.not healed but I think I'm.about 90 percent there

Birdypie:

"The first two/ three weeks included extreme severe anxiety, rapid heartbeat,varied chest pains, weakness( especially in legs), a little paranoia, headache/ pressure on the temples, nausea, sickness, vomiting/ diarrhea, bad depression,inner tremors and more.

Six /seven weeks , rapid heartbeat has mostly gone but occasionally have episodes,also long episodes extreme severe depression,, head pressure slightly less, headache slightly less, anxiety extreme when I wake, inner tremors and some twitching still in my face on and off. Jelly legs and sometimes all over.Chest pains mostly gone"

I am feeling almost all of the same. You are not alone.  I have Tylenol for the headaches and need to take 4 blood pressure meds, one of which is metoprolol that slows the heart rate - which helps.  Last thing i need is a spike in BP.  I have an aortic aneurysm above my heart near 4cm.  At 5cm the docs start talking about open heart scenarios.  (google: Jack Ritter death)

I have always considered valium as a relaxer to keep the BP down as I am a stressed type of person - a worrier. 

The more I read about these Z drugs causing brain damage and personality changes is an eye opener.  My short term memory has already started to go.  I thought it was old age (almost 70).  Most likely a combo of both.

I prefer to live the rest of my years coherent.  My father died of dementia.

Birdypie:

"The first two/ three weeks included extreme severe anxiety, rapid heartbeat,varied chest pains, weakness( especially in legs), a little paranoia, headache/ pressure on the temples, nausea, sickness, vomiting/ diarrhea, bad depression,inner tremors and more.

Six /seven weeks , rapid heartbeat has mostly gone but occasionally have episodes,also long episodes extreme severe depression,, head pressure slightly less, headache slightly less, anxiety extreme when I wake, inner tremors and some twitching still in my face on and off. Jelly legs and sometimes all over.Chest pains mostly gone"

I am feeling almost all of the same. You are not alone.  I have Tylenol for the headaches and need to take 4 blood pressure meds, one of which is metoprolol that slows the heart rate - which helps.  Last thing i need is a spike in BP.  I have an aortic aneurysm above my heart near 4cm.  At 5cm the docs start talking about open heart scenarios.  (google: Jack Ritter death)

I have always considered valium as a relaxer to keep the BP down as I am a stressed type of person - a worrier. 

The more I read about these Z drugs causing brain damage and personality changes is an eye opener.  My short term memory has already started to go.  I thought it was old age (almost 70).  Most likely a combo of both.

I prefer to live the rest of my years coherent.  My father died of dementia.

I feel you. My mum got Alzheimer's age fifty, she died three years later.

All the very best to you in your healing journey🤗

It's been about 110 days cold turkey for me and although I'm.not symptom free I'm certainly a different person to what I was even a month ago. My symptoms seem to suddenly lessen about two weeks ago. I'm.not healed but I think I'm.about 90 percent there

Nice ! :)

8 months no benzos for me :P

Hope you all fell better. Sometimes it's still hard. I still have cravings. But it's not common ^^

Only on Valium a few weeks?  Lucky.  I have been on it 13 years.  Congratulations

2-3 years, but it's not like being on it 10-20 years i guess.

But gave up alcohol too ( 5 months ), and have been drinking for 18 years. So no regrets  :)

Feeling better ^^