Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and Benzodiazepines

[wa...]

Anyone hear of this?  Is there anything they won't prescribe benzos for? (sarcasm)

"Benzodiazepines such as Lorazepam and Clonazepam have mast cell stabilising effects in addition to their effect on benzo receptors, and can be useful where anxiety is a prominent feature of MCAS".

https://syncope.co.uk/mast-cell-activation-syndrome/treatment-of-mast-cell-activation-syndrome-mcas-uk/

• 3 weeks later...
Ironically, some people on here were theorizing that we all have MCAS now so that would be on par with the spiraling vortex of hell that benzo prescribing is.

Ironically, some people on here were theorizing that we all have MCAS now so that would be on par with the spiraling vortex of hell that benzo prescribing is.

I get your point, this is not a one thing fits all, we are all different,  I'm asking because histamine plays a role on inflamation on anaphylactic responses, also on the waking up/vigilance state,, this is a multifactorial injury, In not well versed about how histamine works, I know it goes deep on several body functions, I know that many inflammatory deceases are tretated with imunosupressive drugs which plays a big role on histamine receptors