No sleep om Mirtazapine

[Fi...]

Hi,

I've been taking Mirtazapine, 7.5mgs,  for 5 weeks after being switched over for Trazadone 75-100mgs, which I'd been on for a month. It was a direct cross over, which was not good.

At first the Mirtazapine gave me some sleep but now I'm not getting any.  I'm also trying to recover feom.an anesthesia setback.

Has anyone else struggled on Mirt as well or is it time to start tapering off? I've been on the Mirtazapine support thread and know how to taper.

Just looking for some support or feedback.

Final healing

I am on 25 mgs. of Trazodone and it isn't helping my sleep anymore and I think it is giving me insomnia.  I have been on Traz for bout 2 years at that dosage and jumped up to 50 mgs. and no luck at that dose, either with sleep.  I have never tried Mirtazapine and I think that there is another name for it.  I am in a setback from Covid and having problems with some of my meds giving me withdrawal symptoms including Tylenol.

I am on 25 mgs. of Trazodone and it isn't helping my sleep anymore and I think it is giving me insomnia.  I have been on Traz for bout 2 years at that dosage and jumped up to 50 mgs. and no luck at that dose, either with sleep.  I have never tried Mirtazapine and I think that there is another name for it.  I am in a setback from Covid and having problems with some of my meds giving me withdrawal symptoms including Tylenol.

I'm sorry to hear that Spazzie. Not sleeping is awful and especially when the med for sleep stops working.  Yes, Remeron..

I'm wishing us both calmer days ahead.

FH

Sometimes I jumped from trazodone to mirtazapine or viceversa for sleeping issues.

Trazodone isn't the worst offender and *on average* @ 50-100mg doesn't give significant withdrawal symptoms. Expecially if you're just switching to another sleep aid.

Mirtazapine for me is a little bit more effective in the 7.5-15mg range compared to trazodone. But yes after some days I get partially used to it. I also would say discontinuation requires a little bit more time.

I've had to turn to other sleep meds, including last night because the other sleep meds since the Mirtazapine isn't working.  I've used then sparingly but it's been upsetting to me to have to even turn to them.

I'm going to try a smal cut with the Mirtazapine just to see if I can handle it because maybe getting to smaller doses will be better.

I'm going to really commit to staying away from the other slwep meds and see how this unfolds.

• 2 weeks later...

I continue to struggle with insomnia.

I'm getting about 1.5 hours per night and perhaps some micro sleep after.

The Mirtazapine still hasn't worked for me and instead causes me to be hyper when I take it. I've decided to take it in the daytime until it becomes sedating again, if ever..had been prescribed Serequel and took about 8 doses in the month of November. I got scared about creating dependency on another medication and have stopped. It too, only worked a couple of times.

I feel really discouraged. I've had a major setback due to anesthesia, which has gone on now for 4 months. I'm stuck on another medication that isn't working and all of this has  been very soul crushing.

The lack of sleep doesn't help. 

Just looking for any words or encouragement.

Thank you.

Final healing