I miss that drowsy feeling.

[Th...]

I miss that drowsy feeling. That feeling off dozing off.

It made me feel like I was going off to take a break. That drifting away feeling.

It's been a year. I get tired sometimes, but never sleepy.

Anyone the same?

Did it come back?

I had that same thing for 9 months. It has started coming back for me but it seems to have made things worse. Now I can get sleepy/drowsy but I caanot go to sleep. Its like my brain is at war with itself. This is especially bad in the afternoon. I get drowsy and want to close my eyes and sleep but when I do my body goes into high alert mode. It makes me wonder if now I'm not sleeping because of me. I had so many sleepless nights and nights when I did sleep but woke up 4 hours later dizzy and throwing up that I think some part me is scared to sleep and I don't know how to break this cycle. I'm told that you have to somehow quit caring if you sleep or not but I dont know how you go about that. Sleep is about the only thing that I think about all day. Maybe it will be easier for you. Some people are able to do it.  I still have some hope that this is just withdrawal and sleep will start coming back.

I had insomnia for months during withdrawal.  That drowsy feeling came back for me and it will for you.

I took a lot of warm baths before bedtime, with Epsom salts and lavender oil (or any essential oil you like).  It helped.

Hang in there.

Brighterday

• 1 month later...

I like the drowsy feeling myself, and that's one reason I was so addicted to klonopin and other tranquilizers. I know many get physically dependent on the tranquilizers, but in my case it was addicted.

I'm 10 years off, and I do pretty good. That said, I have to induce a drowsy feeling without any medication.

Lol, I've tried it all: milk, exercise, meditation music and even hypnotizing myself.

Out of all these, I find exercise does me in. I also find if I sleep too late in the morning, it's harder to get drowsy at night.

I'm just putting my dime in on what works.

Some ppl use melatonin; I've never tried it.

Good luck to you.

• 2 weeks later...
i did a taper for about a year 10 years ago, it was utter hell when it came to insomnia. Gave me PTSD. The whole problem was falling asleep. Once i fall asleep i can usually sleep for a while its achieving that drowsy kinda warm feeling your talking about that enables you to fall asleep i just could not achieve. Once i kicked the drugs though, it all came back. I went 10 years with falling asleep literally within minutes every night. Sometimes it didnt even take minutes. So yes it comes back.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It made me feel like I was going off to take a break. That drifting away feeling.

Anyone the same?

Did it come back?

Anyone the same?

Did it come back?

its these dam drugs, once you get fully off them then your able to sleep. Im at 5MG valium still and my nervous systems is all hay wire. I just slept for 5 days the best sleep ever at 8 hours a night, then out of the blue no sleep at all last night, complete anxiety.

You are lucky to still sleep so well. I haven't slept since August and I only used for 12 days in October.

For me i gave up going to my bed. It just seemed like a death sentence every night heading into that bedroom. I started just watching TV, drinking tea, with a candle lit so its dark in the room and watching something relaxing like a documentary, no action or violence then fall asleep on the couch. I stay up late, i usually nod off around 11:30pm to midnight.....wake up about 6-8am. I try to exhaust myself during the day by taking 2 hour walks, if its pouring rain ill lift weights at the gym. It all comes together so i just pass out around midnight. If i just sat around the house all day, went to bed at say 10pm yeah ill lay there all night and the anxiety will get to me and it will get worse and worse until im having full blown panic attacks when the sun comes up. Ive tried everything like all of us, and in the end its the LACK of caring if you sleep that PUTS you to sleep which makes zero sense and is so frustrating. How do you NOT care if you fall asleep if it has such an impact on you like it does when you get zero sleep. Im in therapy for it and thats what they tell you, you dont go to bed thinking "im going to sleep" you go to bed thinking "well its time to rest, i may or may not sleep tonight either way its OK" And you cant just say that, you have to really believe it which is the hard part.

You are lucky to still sleep so well. I haven't slept since August and I only used for 12 days in October.

Hey like me! Used it like 2,5 weeks almost 3, sleep still fucked after 19 months, completely healthy and great sleep before the clonazepam

I got signs of dependence on day THREE but didnt realise thats why my nose (little valves inside) stared making clicking sounds and my sleep got broken, on day freaking 3

Day 5! Also didn't realize. But was in cortizone withdrawal before already that one was mild and doable. I just had an environment that freaked out and bad therapists.

Me too. No sleep drive at all. But I am only at 4months post ct. I do ‘seep’ about 3.5 hrs every night although I don’t feel it.

It's so strange. I am in a 3-week wave (after a 2-week-window), and I had that drowsy feeling for one afternoon (about a week ago). I was able to lie down during the day, relax, let go... This is very unusual for me during a wave... It happened after a mindfulness practise (focusing on my breathing and welcoming thoughts and feelings for ~7 minutes) and me doing my physical therapy for my backpain.

It just shows, how non-linear the healing process is. I wish all of you, that you will get that drowsy feeling, it is so wunderful and makes me imagine, what a happy person I will be, when I am healed, and how good you guys and gals will feel, when it is your turn to declare the win over the benzo demons...

No Ducktales. I don't believe I have permanent brain damage. I average about 3hrs sleep each night. My issue is the lack of sleepiness and awareness of my sleep. I wake up not feeling that I have slept. I am sometimes aware of dreams and that’s what makes me realize I slept. I think it’s a combination of light  and microsleep.

At 4mths post CT i have a long way to go and I am certain I’ll heal eventually.