Increased anxiety

[Jo...]

Since i was told my doc was going to take me off klon, Ive been a mess. The “why mess with something thats working” feeling.  My anxiety and depression have come back, all from worrying about the future. 

Been trying to remember what i learned from CBT, relaxation, deep breathing.  Some times its just dang hard.  Try to remember its only anxiety, SO WHAT!

Am increasing lexapro from 10 to 15.  Klon is down to .5 as needed. Take it noon and 5ish. Have pretty good shaky feeling. Dunno if its the lex or the k. Been at that dose of k for over a month.

Dunno, felt like posting. Give my mind something to do besides fret.

Do you know what kind of taper plan your doctor has in mind for you?  We can help you put something together in case his is too rapid. 

Hey pamster,

Current PA wants 25%-50% a week.  Cant blame it all on her. Ive known for months that a discontinuation was coming, i just put it off.  But she has never heard of Ashton . She says 25% is a slow enough and wont work with me on a slower taper. Im sure her boss has set the rules.

Going to different doc (guy i used to see, had to change when he downsized) in bout 3 weeks. Hoping theyll work with me.

Johnnymac, are you stable on .5 mgs of klonopin BID? You said " Ive known for months that a discontinuation was coming,". Explain! What reason did the doc give for taking you off? You sound to me like you are not quite ready to come off and if given the opportunity, you would choose to stay on for right now at this time in your life. Am I right or wrong? Do you want off the drug or does your doctor want you off the drug?

25%-50% a week is way too fast IMO. I personally would be looking for another doctor but JMO.

Earier this year, the NP i go to said they were probably gonna go to a non benzo office. In about april or may, she said “ok, i want to do a fast taper ”. So, i went from 2 mg/day to 1mg/day. Then tried .75, then a little less .  Things got bad, went up to 1mg, increased lexapro, and have an appt with different doc next  week in hopes of him working with me.

Im scared to stop. Just anticipating, my anxiety and depression have returned. Things had been going very well in my life, i saw no reason to change up anything. 

Right now, things are not real good.  If doc was to say, here, stay on it, im not sure that would make a difference.

Hard to actually type what id like to say. Ive had a couple of bad anx/ dep spells over the years.  I thought they were behind me and to have it return sux.