Nervous second day of work

[Do...]

It was my second day of work as a cashier.  I was really nervous.  A couple items didn't scan so they told me.  I told them I could only work.4 or 5 hour shifts.  My back hurts.  I wish i didn't have to work, but my bills are high.  I am afraid I will get fired if I make a mistake, but there is a union.  It would help to have a benzo to rake the edge off

Thanks yes I am in a union.  I forgot about that.  They can't fire you in the union.

:thumbsup:  The only way they'd fire you if you're in a union is if you murder or physically assault someone on the job.  In other words, it's nearly impossible to get fired with a union behind you.

Thanks, today was horrible I kept making mistakes and they had someone watching me and barking orders the manager said I was rude to a customer and I have been serving customers for 12 years when I was young.  I said at the end of my shift I was going to throw up and the watcher didn't even care.  I almost passed out and threw up.  I told my sister and brother and they got nasty and said mean things.  I have nobody to stick up for me.  My mom used to do that, but she died.  I am quiting tomorrow.  My health is more important.  I have severe back pain and keep throwing up since I quit the pills in February.  I called the nurses line and they said to go to the hospital.  I am going home on Wednesday as I can't afford to buy all my brother's food and drivev10 lazie people around for no money.  My brother's girlfriendvand all her lazy kids expect me to drive them around.  I spend 69 a tank 2 to 4 times a month with no compensations they don't even say thank you. Too top it off I can't sleep and can't eat anything

Dom, if you live in the US, have you considered looking into working at Goodwill or Salvation Army?  They are good at helping people who are struggling at getting back to work in jobs that are right for them and they have job counselors to help you along.  If you don't live in the US, perhaps your country has a similar agency.

I live in Canada and they have a goodwill and salvation army.  I just can't work with my sickness right now.  I am going to the hospital at 6 as I felt kike throwing up all day and night and almost collapsed at work.

I need something to take the the edge off.  I am going to ask for 1 Ativan pill when I go to the hospital.

I'm sorry to hear you're going to give in Dom, I hope you reconsider because you've worked so hard to get off the drug.  It takes everyone time to settle into a new job, even those not struggling to recover from a harmful drug.  Time heals and it also helps us acclimate to new things, please give yourself a big helping of time to get through these latest challenges.

I'm sorry to hear you're going to give in Dom, I hope you reconsider because you've worked so hard to get off the drug.  It takes everyone time to settle into a new job, even those not struggling to recover from a harmful drug.  Time heals and it also helps us acclimate to new things, please give yourself a big helping of time to get through these latest challenges.

I second what Pamster said.  Please don't cave Dom81.  You've hit a snag with trying to work but benzos are not a long-term solution to life challenges. There are other, better ways to work through the back-to-work problem.  And please remember the Goodwill or Salvation Army thing.  I have a family member who had terrible anxiety like we have had and she used Goodwill to return to work with excellent results.  They even helped her with a resume and coached her/held her hand along the way.

Thanks all.  I didn't have the nerve to ask for an Ativan at the hospital.  I threw up at 4am and my brother's girlfriend got really nasty and hateful to me and told me to quit flushing the toilet.  I hate her my mom would tell her off.  My brother got mad at me when I was telling him about her nastiness and told me to go home.  The hospital gave me an iv and said I had a viral infection.  I am quitting  the job I am not showing up as the doctor said I couldn't work this week.

I might have to go home tomorrow.  His girlfriend is abusive and has called me swearwords.  She bosses me like a slave and gets me to take care of my brother like a slave.

Dom, most counties have a government sponsored career and job service that might be able to help you.  I'd also look into getting on some type of disability since you're so sick.  Call your local assistance office?