Acné!!!

[...]

Hello, I wanted to ask you about acne. Has anyone recovered from acne on the face? I understand that if you don't get enough sleep, your skin doesn't recover and it causes acne.

Have you had problems with acne in the past?  Are you currently withdrawing from a benzo? 

If you could put your medication history into your signature it will help us help you because we can see at a glance where you're at instead of searching your post history.  Here are the instructions. Add your history/signature 

If you need help with your signature you can put the information here and a team member can input it for you.  :)

• 3 months later...

Have you had problems with acne in the past?  Are you currently withdrawing from a benzo? 

If you could put your medication history into your signature it will help us help you because we can see at a glance where you're at instead of searching your post history.  Here are the instructions. Add your history/signature 

If you need help with your signature you can put the information here and a team member can input it for you.  :)

If I had acne in the past. I was in treatment with isotretinoin, and this medicine caused me intestinal pain, for which my doctor prescribed me a medicine with trimebutine and bromazepam. I finished my isotretinoin treatment and continued to take the bowel medicine and then went cold turkey and went into bromazepam withdrawal. (Then I took bromazepam again, I went to clonazepam 35 days I think and took 5 days xanax)

I suspect that withdrawal causes cortisol surges and hormonal problems, but I also suspect that insomnia is also causing acne and not being able to sleep, my skin is not regenerating, which is the reason why my acne spots do not disappear. It is what I suspect, perhaps this is not true.

I just turned 15 months without benzodiazepines and I'm in waves and small windows, I still can't get 8 hours of deep sleep, nor 7, nor 6. I think the most I can get is 5:30 hours of deep sleep in my small windows.

I also stopped having muscle spasms.

Oh my, you do have a complicated history with benzo's, thanks for filling out your signature.  :thumbsup:

We've had many members talk about cortisol issues while withdrawing and recovering from benzo's, especially in the morning so I'm sure you're on to something there and if we're not getting restorative sleep, everything suffers.  But members have mentioned that on recovery, pretty much everything goes back to your normal, at least that's what happened with me.

I'm thankful you stopped having the muscle spasms.

• 6 months later...
I faced the problem of acne when I took Cortisol. It turned out that this medication causes increased oil production in your skin glands, which can lead to clogged pores and acne breakouts.

I had the post benzo acne and it went away within the first three months. Now I get a pimple here or there but nothing major. I got facials and that helped.

I always struggled with acne as a teenager. Later, when I finally got rid of them because I grew up, it appeared again. I even couldn't imagine that it can be caused by so different factors, like sides from meds, for example. As for me, Arazlo (Tazarotene from Canada Pharmacy) helps me. Of course, the best is to follow a healthy diet, avoid any food triggers, and use cosmetics every day to moisturize the skin and prevent the appearance of acne. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, many people have successfully recovered from acne on their face. Acne is a common skin condition that can be caused by various factors, including hormonal changes, genetics, and lifestyle factors. While lack of sleep can contribute to the development of acne, it is not the sole cause. Other factors such as diet, skincare routine, stress, and hormonal imbalances can also play a role.

To improve your skin and reduce acne, it's important to establish a consistent skincare routine that includes cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing. Use products specifically formulated for acne-prone skin which you can find here https://www.canadapharmacy.com/  and avoid harsh or abrasive ingredients that can irritate the skin. Additionally, maintaining a healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet, regular exercise, stress management, and adequate sleep can support overall skin health.

If over-the-counter skincare products and lifestyle changes don't effectively address your acne, it may be helpful to consult with a dermatologist.