3 years intrusive thoughts, anxiety, need a friend

[le...]

Will be 3 years this week since was made CT zopiclone. Although my baseline has improved fir which I am grateful,, and the SI largely gone, I get still get  waves but  never had a window, and the intrusive thoughts never completely go. I do cope bit better most days but very limited to what I can do.Just need bit of hope others have recovered from severe  mental symptoms. Have tried every distraction under the sun. tried therapy, I am  listening to meditation at moment.  AD's seem really help others, so why not me?  Did have 6 months emotional stress last year as well which had undoubtably hindered recovery.. I think mental symptoms hang around longer than physical ones ,I could cope with them, just seem unable to move forward. Or have a day where I actually feel normal, and can do stuff I used to. I am grateful the overwhelming depression eased, but just feel I'm stuck in limbo unable to recover anymore at moment or plan anything. I felt normal on zopiclone never had anything like this before stopping , only insomnia. So why have they screwed up my brain so much???

leann,

I'm so sorry you're suffering. I've been suffering quite a bit myself. But one thing I do know is you will recover. I'm reading on Baylissa's's website and her book and also neighbor Bob videos. I know it's hard to lose sight of the fact that we will recover when we're suffering so badly. But I'm sure that you're going to. Each of us has something that we're struggling with the causes of so much pain, but when we are fully recovered those things are going to be gone, they won't come up to our minds again. It's hard to believe but that's what everyone says so we have to have some faith. But part of this whole recovery is feeling like we won't recover that's a symptom in itself. Our brains lie to us. But trust that you will recover and you are healing every minute of every day. You could wake up tomorrow and feel completely different. I know that's hard to believe but it is a definite possibility. Sending you warm love and healing thoughts.

LiveLife

Sorry you are still struggling. Just keep thinking how much longer will this go on. Had a couple of days where felt bit more hopeful, not a window just not quite so depressed. Now someone snatched away the light at the end of the tunnel. Everyone else seems get regular periods where they improve. Starting to wonder if the "everyone heals" Mantra " is true. There don't seem many of us with the bad mental symptoms that's the trouble, feels lonely place. Even with insomnia I could function better than this.

Yes I did see it. I would be interested how you get on with it. Everything I have tried has revved me up so far, so bit reluctant to try anything else. I did try another amino acid, but don't know if they are all the same.I was feeling bit more optomistic for few days, but back to square one again now. Difficult with supplements as affect everyone differently. Please post if you try it. I take it you didn't get on well with AD's either?

Yes I did see it. I would be interested how you get on with it. Everything I have tried has revved me up so far, so bit reluctant to try anything else. I was feeling bit more optomistic for few days, but back to square one again now. Difficult with supplements as affect everyone differently. Please post if you try it. I take it you didn't get on well with AD's either?

No, all my problems started with AD's. It wasn't even that bad, some muscle pain and fatigue mainly. Saw countless doctors who couldn't tell me what was going on, thought it was fibromyalgia "maybe". They then just kept throwing meds at me, each time CT and onto the next. I just kept getting worse until finally all hell broke lose. I will never take another medication unless i'm on my death bed, and probably never waste my time seeing another doctor.

If I try them I will let you know, but i'm mainly taking a few things to hopefully aid recovery rather than mask symptoms, and don't want to add too much.

I haven't had many physical symptoms, I've tried just about everything for the looping thoughts. Think just been unlucky with supplements, know they do help lot people. Gp's are useless, recently tried get me take beta blockers that treat physical symptoms anxiety which I don't even have , clueless.

Hope your symptoms soon ease, if you find anything helps mental stuff let me know. Trying guided meditation in the evenings, think it helps bit with sleep at least.

if you search on Google for nad+ injections you can see why it helps some people, it may prevent hiperexcitability in neurons, and helps with too much exitatory signaling ?i guess)  everyone is different im doing ok in this regard due to being on a neurotoxin that holds too much exitatory signaling  , j will try nad to see if it helps with cns sensitivity

i will post the page i found this info

https://www.empowerpharmacy.com/drugs/nad-injection

didnt found the page that adress hyperexcitability, i will post when i find, everyonene is diffrent it may be a shot in the dark, but there is a possibility of being helpfull

Leann, I just read a post by Charlie Waltz and what he is doing to help with his mental symptoms....maybe have a look-see!

Hugs,

GG

leann,

I go to a chiropractor that does muscle testing before he gives me a supplement to see if I get strength from it. Over the months I have taken taurine and NAC. I actually have never had an intrusive thought. I've had other symptoms but not that. I wonder if the supplements help. Just to let you know I'm still taking the NAC, but have not needed taurine lately. Early in withdrawal I wasn't able to take too manysupplements, but recently I have been able to take more. Hugs!

LiveLife

I might try the taurine, in pretty bad place at moment. Most supplements Rev me up, give it one last go. It seems have less side effects than the NAC.

Leann,

I’m in the same boat as you. Only keep looping through intrusive thoughts. I’m in a really bad spot myself. I CT on Klonopin over a year ago, but kept drinking beer. It kept getting worse. Then one day I started having intrusive thoughts which I keep ruminating over and over. I got addicted to worrying.

My job is stressful. My wife has depression and COVID, my son has COVID and last night he had mental breakdown due to the quarantine. He is 11 years old. I can’t sleep and I can’t concentrate at work. I’m anxious all day long, which debilitates me every day. I am 3 weeks into Prozac (40mg daily) and don’t feel any change.  I feel that I am digging a hole bigger and bigger every day.

I just took some NAC, tried it early on and it revved me up. My mental stuff has been pretty bad for a couple of days, so thought why not. It seems to have helped

Leann,

I’m in the same boat as you. Only keep looping through intrusive thoughts. I’m in a really bad spot myself. I CT on Klonopin over a year ago, but kept drinking beer. It kept getting worse. Then one day I started having intrusive thoughts which I keep ruminating over and over. I got addicted to worrying.

My job is stressful. My wife has depression and COVID, my son has COVID and last night he had mental breakdown due to the quarantine. He is 11 years old. I can’t sleep and I can’t concentrate at work. I’m anxious all day long, which debilitates me every day. I am 3 weeks into Prozac (40mg daily) and don’t feel any change.  I feel that I am digging a hole bigger and bigger every day.

So sorry to hear all the other stresses you have going on in your life. Wish I could suggest something to help, I still keep trying to find something. I really feel for you, I hope the Prozac helps you, I don't know lot about AD's , but  really hope it gives you some relief, really tough having to support others while you are dealing with withdrawal. Hope your wife and son soon recover from covid.

I just took some NAC, tried it early on and it revved me up. My mental stuff has been pretty bad for a couple of days, so thought why not. It seems to have helped

My husband  gone off to get some taurine from health food store, seems have less side effects, and the post mentioned NAC causing insomnia. Figured it's worth trying one last supplement Hope it continues to help you

My husband  gone off to get some taurine from health food store, seems have less side effects, and the post mentioned NAC causing insomnia. Figured it's worth trying one last supplement Hope it continues to help you

Insomnia hasn't been a big thing for me, so hopefully not a problem. But you got me interested and did a "NAC insomnia" google, and came across it being recommended for insomnia. Everyone is different, you don't know unless you try

https://schoolafm.com/ws_clinical_know/insomnia-relief-for-night-time-racing-mind/

"As bedtime nears, the brain should naturally make a smooth transition from predominantly glutamate to predominantly GABA, the most prevalent inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain.  This transition can be impaired and/or delayed in our clients who are chronically stressed,  have genetic impairment in the ability to balance neurotransmitters, and/or have neural toxicity e.g. mercury.  We can gently boost this transition and thus calm the brains of clients wide awake with “racing minds” by supporting them with two key amino acids about 6o minutes prior to bedtime (both together, on an empty stomach):

Taurine.  Both an amino acid and a neurotransmitter itself, taurine increases GABA receptor sensitivity.  I recommend clients with these symptoms take 1ooomg taurine.  Many common brands are available; Jarrow is one I often recommend for ease of access.

N-acetyl cysteine.  This amino acid suppresses the brain’s synthesis of glutamate and promotes conversion to GABA.  I recommend 5oo-1ooomg NAC.  As with taurine, it is easy to find."

I might try Taurine, but will wait a little while before adding it. It might help with this 24/7 Fing music

Leann,

I’m in the same boat as you. Only keep looping through intrusive thoughts. I’m in a really bad spot myself. I CT on

Hi Miraz,

Sorry to hear but for Prozak or other SSRIs, it takes almost 6 weeks to see benefits. Give it another 3 week at least, I think you will feel better. All the Prayers and Hugs for you

Thanks for the advice!

I will ask my doctor about it. I sometimes have a real negative reaction to other supplements . Thanks!

All previous supplements apart from chamomile have previously revved me up, but figure this worth a try, as not in a good place. Hope things soon pick up fir you and your family.

Insomnia hasn't been a big thing for me, so hopefully not a problem. But you got me interested and did a "NAC insomnia" google, and came across it being recommended for insomnia. Everyone is different, you don't know unless you try

https://schoolafm.com/ws_clinical_know/insomnia-relief-for-night-time-racing-mind/

"As bedtime nears, the brain should naturally make a smooth transition from predominantly glutamate to predominantly GABA, the most prevalent inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain.  This transition can be impaired and/or delayed in our clients who are chronically stressed,  have genetic impairment in the ability to balance neurotransmitters, and/or have neural toxicity e.g. mercury.  We can gently boost this transition and thus calm the brains of clients wide awake with “racing minds” by supporting them with two key amino acids about 6o minutes prior to bedtime (both together, on an empty stomach):

Taurine.  Both an amino acid and a neurotransmitter itself, taurine increases GABA receptor sensitivity.  I recommend clients with these symptoms take 1ooomg taurine.  Many common brands are available; Jarrow is one I often recommend for ease of access.

N-acetyl cysteine.  This amino acid suppresses the brain’s synthesis of glutamate and promotes conversion to GABA.  I recommend 5oo-1ooomg NAC.  As with taurine, it is easy to find."

I might try Taurine, but will wait a little while before adding it. It might help with this 24/7 Fing music

The guy you posted a link to said NAC could cause insomnia. Having had it fir years don't want to risk it starting again. Also seems have more side effects than taurine. Just taken 1 st one, trying to think It will help and not revv me up. Just figured worth trying 1 last thing . Supplements so variable from person to person. Now thinking covid be spreading everywhere thanks to stupid goverment lifting all restrictions next week more stuff to worry about.

Yes, that is what the doctor tells me.

My question is, should I reinstate on clonazepam until Prozac starts working? Or just muscle our these 3 next weeks without any Benzos?

I’m currently taking Lunesta 3mg at night which is kind of a benzo

It’s just that I keep living in constant fear that everything is going to collapse. My work, my family, all of us. Just keep having negative thoughts. I can’t find not even one good thing to think of. I feel really hopeless.

Sorry to be so dramatic, I know it doesn’t do any good to think like this, but I just wanted to say it out loud. Thanks for listening to me.

Hi, i think my symptoms may be similar to yours. I had a trigger event back in Dec 2020 and this caused extreme psychological and physical symptoms. Started on Ativan and antidepressants but the intrusive thoughts remain and are worse than the physical symptoms which can be hard to cope with. I'm currently tapering Vallium and it's as frustrating as hell. Want to be off them ASAP but everyone says don't rush it or you'll likely take a step backwards. I feel your concerns and all i can say is that many people on here are going through the same pain so at least we can empathise with each other which is more than some health professionals can do.

I’ve been 3 weeks on Prozac (40mg)

And also 3 weeks on Lunesta. I don’t get much sleep though.

I wonder if the Lunesta at night is also triggering my anxiety…. Lunesta is like a Benzo