Anxiety and panic attacks. Im gonna lose it.

[Be...]

So i havnt touched benzos or alcohol in maybe 3 years for alcohol and 4 years for benzo. I say im completly curred of benzos. I found marijuana which helps me tremendously but i had a bad experience and took way to much and it threw me into a panic attack eith shaking muscles and panic. Took a break and felt a bit better. I tried marijuana again and still felt a bit funky so i switched to cbd flower. No thc but only cbd. That helped but now im having anxiety and panic attacks again. Maybe from the cbd flower? Anyways im at a loss. I dont know what to do and im in a depressed state. Is it possible im withdrawing from the marijuana? Is that possible? What can i do? What works for you? Im trying exercise and that has been helpful but once i calm doen and relax i start to get panicy again. What should I do?

I too suffer from panic attacks.

One of the worst ones I’ve ever had was at work. I hyperventilated so bad my arms, and face went numb. I lost control of my arms, and they went into t-rex mode on my chest; couldn’t move them. My jaw locked up and I could only talk thru gritted teeth. Went to the ER and they did their stroke and heart attack tests, both of which came back negative. That was the day I was diagnosed with panic disorder.

I say all that as a caveat, that I’m by no means better or an expert at controlling myself. I’ve had plenty of panic attacks since then, but not as bad (though one bout of panic kept me up all night recently. That was fun.)

Distraction can help. Put on a sitcom. Do a guided meditation. Take some kava. Be with someone willing to sit thru a panic attack with you. These are some of the things that have helped me. I’m not cured. I’m actually experiencing a mild headache anxiety attack right now, and am struggling to prevent it from growing worse.

But anyway, hope these help.

Heavy exercise helps me throw the panic attack away. Start doing jumping jacks! I feel a ton better today. I had a few bad days could have been marinuana.

• 2 weeks later...

I was 1 year off benzos and almost completely finished with physical symptoms. I felt 80% healed. I had a couple months off over the summer and tried delta 8 edibles to see if I could take the Earle off the remaining anxiety. I really enjoyed a relaxed summer, but the minute I stopped using delta 8, I was floored. I mean absolutely dropped to the floor face first by anxiety and insomnia. In the last 8 weeks I have started dealing with crippling depression and intense ocd. Each show up every day. These emotional symptoms seem to follow the wave pattern that my physical symptoms did. Is this kindling? Can THC kindle the old benzo symptoms?

Im beginning to think that any drug that depresses the central nervous system has the ability to create what I have always only known as benzo withdrawal. I was 13 months clean when I tried to take a short cut. I can’t believe I put myself back into this place after so much hard work and success. I’m so much worse than I was before trying the delta 8 product.

• 3 months later...
I used to get some relief with med marijuana when I started taper but started having severe anxiety from it as I continued taper. Now I’m 5 months off and can’t even touch it. Really sucks because I thought it was the one thing I could have to help get through this

• 6 months later...

I used to get some relief with med marijuana when I started taper but started having severe anxiety from it as I continued taper. Now I’m 5 months off and can’t even touch it. Really sucks because I thought it was the one thing I could have to help get through this

You got that right. I thought thc and delta 8 was my go to but i ended up having panic with each of them either after i stopped or somtimes if i wasnt in a good head space. IDK if i can have anything now.

• 1 month later...

I was 1 year off benzos and almost completely finished with physical symptoms. I felt 80% healed. I had a couple months off over the summer and tried delta 8 edibles to see if I could take the Earle off the remaining anxiety. I really enjoyed a relaxed summer, but the minute I stopped using delta 8, I was floored. I mean absolutely dropped to the floor face first by anxiety and insomnia. In the last 8 weeks I have started dealing with crippling depression and intense ocd. Each show up every day. These emotional symptoms seem to follow the wave pattern that my physical symptoms did. Is this kindling? Can THC kindle the old benzo symptoms?

Im beginning to think that any drug that depresses the central nervous system has the ability to create what I have always only known as benzo withdrawal. I was 13 months clean when I tried to take a short cut. I can’t believe I put myself back into this place after so much hard work and success. I’m so much worse than I was before trying the delta 8 product.

So sorry for the way it's gone for you. It's a really tough ordeal for any of us. Really do hope things even out soon.

I used to be a heavy pot smoker over 15 years ago...

It used to make me feel great..Then one day I smoked a little and got really anxious.

Before benzo withdrawal and now even 2 puffs on joint sends me under...

This may sound silly but its almost endless anxiety with me and weed.

Like id rather jump on a fire than smoke 5 joints in a row....5 joints would send me to like level -30 fear...

Over the past few years i've had to drink heavily and abuse benzos just to have 1/3 of a joint...

So a few months ago, wanting to taper off benzos, I quit weed.

Its like my brain just gets fried by it.

I cant believe I once found it relaxing when now weed = horrific anxiety..

My advice is if you have anxiety with or after weed then stay away. Its not worth it.

Just to add...people think cannabis is mild and harmless and while for a lot of people this is true it can have

really nasty or powerful effects. Its not a little kids toy.

If you do smoke it don't have too much at once and be very careful especially with edibles or potent skunk.

I'm sorry, but why on earth do you think that taking drugs is going to help with anxiety and panic attacks?

If anything, that is going to make things worse. Just like benzo's, it might work a while, but then it's going to get back at you. It just numbs you down, and it doesn't solve anything.

Sorry to come off rude, but maybe it's better if I give it to you the hard way. Very bad idea.

I keep on saying this, and you already figured it out for yourself: exercise! In particular running

Do it every day. And you feel so much better in the long run. People say that exercise revs them up give up too soon or go too hard without their bodies being trained properly.

Run, run, run. If you have a panic attack, one km is even enough to relieve it.

Exercise has been proven to make mental health better and also repair GABA receptors.

So i havnt touched benzos or alcohol in maybe 3 years for alcohol and 4 years for benzo. I say im completly curred of benzos. I found marijuana which helps me tremendously but i had a bad experience and took way to much and it threw me into a panic attack eith shaking muscles and panic. Took a break and felt a bit better. I tried marijuana again and still felt a bit funky so i switched to cbd flower. No thc but only cbd. That helped but now im having anxiety and panic attacks again. Maybe from the cbd flower? Anyways im at a loss. I dont know what to do and im in a depressed state. Is it possible im withdrawing from the marijuana? Is that possible? What can i do? What works for you? Im trying exercise and that has been helpful but once i calm doen and relax i start to get panicy again. What should I do?

After you stopped the alcohol and benzos, were you feeling ok after 3 years? What made you start marijuana in the 1st place? 

• 1 month later...