Hobbies, Passions, and Dreams.. -Past, Present, and Future..

[Ca...]

Thought Id start this for a bit of connection, interaction, and distraction within the community.. Titled in no way to be exclusive, everyone can play..!! :)

So what sparks your interest..?? What has, or might, help connect you back to living life (at the right time)..??

I asked one of the team if its ok to have a thread that is dominant with links to things like Youtube to highlight these interests, so..

I chose this link below, as it addresses so much that is dear to me, and I hope people around the world can find an aspect to enjoy or relate to, -Friendship, Adventure, and the beauty of remote Australia.. -Even some cooking..!!

Part 1 (of 3), The Kimberly Adventure.. (1:21) -might start at the end, not sure..?? (Not very “tech” here..!!)

Have you ever done something like this..? Would you be keen to give it a go..??

:)

Oh my goodness Cant, what an amazing 'guy' adventure link you've supplied, the toys these guys have are amazing and they sure know how to have fun!

Oh my goodness Cant, what an amazing 'guy' adventure link you've supplied, the toys these guys have are amazing and they sure know how to have fun!

lol, yeah, its probs a bit “boy”, but seriously, the “chicks” are really getting into it now as well.. Not just passenger or driving hubby around, but in their own cars too, -and iv seen them taking on some pretty serious climbs and mud at our local “play tracks” at Glasshouse Mountains while iv been out in the last couple of months..

...Sigh.. -If only I could keep up to say hi..!! Lol

I always wanted to be a doctor.

Thanks Becs.. -I could see that.. Motorbike helmet in one hand and charts, or perhaps a scalpel in the other..!!

Actually the river crossing in the video kinda reminds me of a story you once told me, -parked in the river having a couple of drinks when you were young.. -Just avoiding cops not crocs..

I don't have any video's to contribute but I'll tell you what incentivized me to keep going and recover, it was my little mountain cabin.  My cold turkey was in October 2007 so the canyon my cabin is located in closed for the winter.  My hope was I'd be able to get up there in the spring when the snow melted to enjoy it. 

Well, spring rolled around and I still felt dreadful with a dash of agoraphobia thrown in but I was determined to make the 200 mile round trip and I did.  I was so afraid of the drive but I did it and when I arrived at my cabin and smelled the fallen pine needles baking fragrantly in the sun I cried with joy and relief.  I'd survived the horrors of cold turkey and the dark winter to emerge not fully recovered but with hope that my future could be bright. 

Our hopes and dreams feel lost, we're robbed of so much that makes us who we are, I hope everyone here will keep that little spark of hope alive because we need it to give us the strength to get through this.

yep, a bunch of us out of highschool went four-wheeling in a Jeep and the guy driving the Jeep drove right into the shallow river.  He stopped the Jeep and we could party and drink without worrying about getting arrested.  The crocs might have gotten us, but the cops never would.   

I don't have any video's to contribute but I'll tell you what incentivized me to keep going and recover, it was my little mountain cabin.  My cold turkey was in October 2007 so the canyon my cabin is located in closed for the winter.  My hope was I'd be able to get up there in the spring when the snow melted to enjoy it. 

Well, spring rolled around and I still felt dreadful with a dash of agoraphobia thrown in but I was determined to make the 200 mile round trip and I did.  I was so afraid of the drive but I did it and when I arrived at my cabin and smelled the fallen pine needles baking fragrantly in the sun I cried with joy and relief.  I'd survived the horrors of cold turkey and the dark winter to emerge not fully recovered but with hope that my future could be bright. 

Our hopes and dreams feel lost, we're robbed of so much that makes us who we are, I hope everyone here will keep that little spark of hope alive because we need it to give us the strength to get through this.

Is this your cabin in the woods..??

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjA22-qm5xSFu87qHXtaEqvK7nTj_8diHiuQ&usqp=CAU

You painted a great word picture anyway..!! :)

I can only imagine the doubt and trepidation of undertaking such a journey at that time, so well done you..!! Obviously the rewards were bountiful as you describe the joy, relief, and sensory comfort...

I hope you still get to spend time there..??

Now im hungry.. Can I nibble on your Hansel and Gretel cabin..??

yep, a bunch of us out of highschool went four-wheeling in a Jeep and the guy driving the Jeep drove right into the shallow river.  He stopped the Jeep and we could party and drink without worrying about getting arrested.  The crocs might have gotten us, but the cops never would. 

Rebel rouser..!!

Is this your cabin in the woods..??

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjA22-qm5xSFu87qHXtaEqvK7nTj_8diHiuQ&usqp=CAU

You painted a great word picture anyway..!! :)

I can only imagine the doubt and trepidation of undertaking such a journey at that time, so well done you..!! Obviously the rewards were bountiful as you describe the joy, relief, and sensory comfort...

I hope you still get to spend time there..??

Now im hungry.. Can I nibble on your Hansel and Gretel cabin..??

You're more than welcome to nibble Cant, but the real thing isn't very tasty!  :P

I do still get up there, anytime you don't see my light on for a couple of days I'm up in the mountains and grateful for my recovery. 

• 3 weeks later...

Can’t fly - I fell in love with Australia traveling there for business and want to take my husband there before we are too ancient to enjoy everything. He is a madman for adventure sports (except diving, which I like) so Australia will be in his blood immediately upon landing, I predict!

At one point in my life, I was even invited to testify before an Australian Senate Committee.  It was a true highlight of my career.

I will think about more day to day happiness goals and activities and post…

Good topic!

Butterfly 🦋

Can’t fly - I fell in love with Australia traveling there for business and want to take my husband there before we are too ancient to enjoy everything. He is a madman for adventure sports (except diving, which I like) so Australia will be in his blood immediately upon landing, I predict!

At one point in my life, I was even invited to testify before an Australian Senate Committee.  It was a true highlight of my career.

I will think about more day to day happiness goals and activities and post…

Good topic!

Butterfly 🦋

Hi Butterfly, -Sorry, I was away chasing goals and building dreams (well attempting at least)..

I might be bias, but we have some of the best diving here..!! Hubby should find plenty to do also!! I do hope you get to follow that dream soon, but yes, the smaller things help in the meantime too..

I’ve noticed a whole set of symptoms seem to take a back seat while I’m out playing around in the bush and meeting new people, but then flood back over the following days.. While I’m still quite unwell in many ways, it’s been rather helpful in defining what’s going on, and more, how I can help myself in those areas..

Small steps, as and when possible, -ever forwards..

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve always had music n being a musician n singer n songwriter n guitarist, etc. as my passion here in the natural realm… but I must confess… it has been one of the most difficult things I’ve ever had to face… (losing my abilities with my passion due to being in this mess)

Kindly,

j

I’ve always had music n being a musician n singer n songwriter n guitarist, etc. as my passion here in the natural realm… but I must confess… it has been one of the most difficult things I’ve ever had to face… (losing my abilities with my passion due to being in this mess)

Kindly,

j

When I was a kid I wanted to be a backup singer, my goodness, I haven't thought about that in years.

I'm sorry Jozsef, are they truly gone or are your abilities and passion temporarily suspended? 

Jozsef - I have had a similar experience.  I am trained as an opera singer and was not able to pursue it when my “day jobs” got too much. I always wanted to get back to it and I was an active recitalist for several years.  Then I got sick and got stuck on a slew of meds including the Clonazepam.  It has only been recently that the curtain has lifted and I have a desire to make music again.  While I was laid low by the meds, I just couldn’t make myself practice. I am now off many of the meds and almost half way on getting done with the benzo.  My desire to sing came back and I’ve returned to studying in preparation for an audition on Sept 19.  So, for me, I didn’t have to wait until I was completely done to feel some of the real me coming back.  It made me so happy and reenergized me to continue on the path to benzo freedom!

Best,

Butterfly 🦋

Jozsef - I have had a similar experience.  I am trained as an opera singer and was not able to pursue it when my “day jobs” got too much. I always wanted to get back to it and I was an active recitalist for several years.  Then I got sick and got stuck on a slew of meds including the Clonazepam.  It has only been recently that the curtain has lifted and I have a desire to make music again.  While I was laid low by the meds, I just couldn’t make myself practice. I am now off many of the meds and almost half way on getting done with the benzo.  My desire to sing came back and I’ve returned to studying in preparation for an audition on Sept 19.  So, for me, I didn’t have to wait until I was completely done to feel some of the real me coming back.  It made me so happy and reenergized me to continue on the path to benzo freedom!

Best,

Butterfly 🦋

Butterfly,

Wow !!  Thanks for sharing... that is wonderful.  I'm believing that you will once again enjoy life through your opera singing.  My late grandmother used to love opera with a passion.

Kindly,

j

Jumping in! Hey Pamster, me too!! I'll play tambourine and we'll sing back up! I want to be in the band Little Feat!

CantFly, Wow, that trip across the wilderness in Australia, the Outback right? looks scary crazy like the Rx ride I just got off of!!

Hey Dr. Becks!

I'd like to do trekking by horseback ... in the UK, in the Southwest USA, anywhere!! ... and certainly down under too. The long airplane ride is a deterrent ... But not sure I will ever ride horses again, hope so. WISH I could sing!!! I love opera. Congrats CioCioSan for getting better. Jozsef keep believing!!!

Well, since this is a fantasy I'd like to not have to eat food or sleep and just ride everywhere in the world on a horse, lol!! Then, the whole world would be safe. Oh, and we'd feed each other so no one had to pack food ... right?!?!

Hi Kachina -

I really like your dreams for yourself and all of us!  Indeed trekking by horse and singing by the fire after a good meal sounds wonderful.

At the Taos ski resort, the highest place is called Kachina Peak!  It’s pretty exciting and you have to be darn good to ski it…sounds like you!!

Best,

Butterfly

Hi All.. :)

You guys are doing great with the idea, thanks for sharing..

Every day I feel a little more life flow back in as I overindulge my “hobbies”.. It’s getting easier, but def a timing component with how I’m feeling..

Did my first camping night in ages on the weekend.. It was a bit of a mission but well worth it..

My (good) Dr is pretty happy about it too, and prescribed more of it (as I can).. :)

Anyways, just a quick visit, is bed time here and I’m stuffed.. Had a bit of an ooops with a bog hole and it’s been a 3 day car washing adventure.. :(

A camping trip, that's great Cantfly, those can be challenging because rarely do things go as planned so adapting and making the best of things is necessary.  I'm glad your "good" doctor prescribed more.  :smitten:

Lol, yeah, the whole camp spot was “unplanned”.. Winching at 10pm vs camping on the track..

I was getting a bit anxious, but realised that was unnecessary if I just stopped, made a cuppa, and camped there.. (instead of the camp spot I was aiming for via a “short cut”)..

A couple of bike riders gave a hand clearing a tree in the morning and I was back in action..

Got a meet n greet on Sat with a new FB 4x4 group.. Wonder if I have any social skills left..!!??

Cantfly, I like hearing about your riding and camping adventures.  I camped in the Florida Keys one time and the raccoons stole some of our food.  We'd lay the food out on the picnic table and as soon as we'd turn our backs, the raccoons would come down out of the trees and steal our food.  Imagine a raccoon sitting in a tree eating my cheese cake.

Hi Kachina -

I really like your dreams for yourself and all of us!  Indeed trekking by horse and singing by the fire after a good meal sounds wonderful.

At the Taos ski resort, the highest place is called Kachina Peak!  It’s pretty exciting and you have to be darn good to ski it…sounds like you!!

Best,

Butterfly

Thanks Butterfly, YES singing by the fire!!! Wow, Kachina Peak sounds intense! Very nice to know about her. I like the bunny runs!!

Cantfly, I like hearing about your riding and camping adventures.  I camped in the Florida Keys one time and the raccoons stole some of our food.  We'd lay the food out on the picnic table and as soon as we'd turn our backs, the raccoons would come down out of the trees and steal our food.  Imagine a raccoon sitting in a tree eating my cheese cake.

lol, I know what you mean..!! Camping at (popular) Fraser Island a few yrs ago was like trying to sleep at feeding time in a zoo..!! They got into everything, knocked heavy things holding lids down off, climbed tent ropes to get the rubbish bag I hung up, and then had to fight about it all..