I woke up this morning with a poem in my head...

[di...]

I'm a little embarrassed to share with anyone but a part of me wants to. I might run away after I dump it here  :laugh:

Sitting in the tree

Feelings flood in avalanches

Rustling through the leaves

Reaching out towards the branches

Challenging my beliefs

All my notions and my stances

It comes as a relief

I just watch as nature dances

This is good BAM, and I'm amazed it came to you upon awakening, most of our members are in torment in the morning.  Don't run too far, we like having you around.  :smitten:

I'm a little embarrassed to share with anyone but a part of me wants to. I might run away after I dump it here  :laugh:

Sitting in the tree

Feelings flood in avalanches

Rustling through the leaves

Reaching out towards the branches

Challenging my beliefs

All my notions and my stances

It comes as a relief

I just watch as nature dances

Yes!!!! I love this :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: I remember having a love for writing poetry many years ago and it left me. I through away all of them, but ran across one the other day and it caught me by surprise. I may dig it up and post it. (maybe) :-[

PG

Well, thank you for sharing. But like the Hotel California, you can never leave, even if you try to fly like the Eagles.

(just kidding).  ::)

Oh... what I meant is that I may dump my poem and never return to the thread because I'm too embarrassed to see what other people say. I didn't mean I was going to leave the forum without saying goodbye!  :-[

Obviously I didn't do that because I'm here. What I'm trying to do is to show this more expressive side because I was brought up in an environment where I felt discouraged from doing it. I was a sensitive kid and my dad would have a tendency to laugh and pick fault so I repressed this side of my personality in favour of pursuing hobbies such as sport and focusing on more scientific/rational disciplines at school rather than creative ones.

@Pamster - Thanks!  ;D I still wake up feeling crummy between the hours of about 4-5am and I'm still low on natural sleep. But I'm doing better. Some mornings I can read a little and drift back to a light sleep for an hour or two. It doesn't feel much like I'm sleeping but I can tell that I drift off because the time seems to pass quickly. The morning I wrote this, I had this melody stuck in my head and these words kinda fitted it. I'd been reading a biography about The Buddha before I drifted off again and that influence the theme.

@preachergirl - I would love to see that! In my haste to post before I changed my mind, I forgot to invite others to share too. I don't want to apply too much pressure but it would be great to see what you have.  ;)

@BenzoLottie - Haha, that's funny. I am surely leaving one day but not without a proper goodbye. It's nice to feel wanted. Any poetry to share? "On a dark desert highway..."  ;)

@BenzoLottie - Haha, that's funny. I am surely leaving one day but not without a proper goodbye. It's nice to feel wanted. Any poetry to share? "On a dark desert highway..."  ;)

I'm glad you figured out the joke (and classic rock song references). For some reason, I've never been very good at poetry. No more talk about leaving for now. But eventually people heal and do move on.