Liquid Diazepam

[He...]

Winnie,

Sorry you are going through similar adversities.  We surely can empathize with you.  At least we know we are not the only ones, although at times it feels like  no one understands what she is going through.

We are thankful Libertas' insight as well.  He mentioned that the Cortisol level may drop in the late afternoon, and that is when she gets a little relief.  However, after she eats some light food, even a little, the abdominal cramps, belching, back/chest pain start in and continue, sometimes all night.  It seems that the small dose of Valium lets her sleep for a few hours from around midnight to 3 AM.

We certainly wish you the best.

Im sorry, but I'm not good at navigating these websites (I'm old).  I just noticed that I need to update her history.  A lot has changed since April.  How do I do that?

Thank you.

HH

Signature updated.  Yesterday was horrific.  Today not quite as bad, but very anxious. :-\

I know we sound like a broken record.  Sorry, but it helps to tell someone.

We'll just keep on keeping on because there are no other options.

Hopefully the side effects from the Metopropolol will subside.

Thank you all.

I’m sorry yesterday was horrific and hope today continues to be a little better, Helping Husband.

If it helps to tell us about what you and your wife are experiencing, please do so.  That’s one of the major reasons this community exists.

Excellent work on updating your wife’s signature!

If you still have enough characters left, it would be helpful. if you would include your wife’s medication history from 2010 to 2020.  As you know, my hunch is her prn (as needed) use of temazepam and Xanax for 9 years coupled with her use and discontinuation of multiple other neurologically active drugs during the same time frame sensitized her nervous system.  Here’s a draft for your consideration:

2010-19: Temazepam and Xanax prn; Rx, d/c Zoloft, Buspar

2019-20: Rx, d/c clonazepam, lorazepam, Xanax. Rx bupropion 75mg

I also sound like a broken record in saying I wish there was more we could do. We can just continue to reassure you of our support  and that we're thinking of her. Hugs.

I altered the profile as best I could.  We agree on what led to this, but her issue right now is: Having been on this dose (0.62mg Diazepam) for nearly 8 miserable weeks,  should she taper a bit more.  She wants very much to get off it and holding here doesn't seem to improve her symptoms, which usually got better after 3 or 4 weeks at the most.  But she is afraid to make things worse.  It is hard for me to imagine things getting any worse, but I suppose it's possible.  I see despair growing.

Thanks for listening.

Bravo and thank you, Helping Husband.  You have mastered the fine art of signature editing.  :laugh:

On a more serious note, in reflecting on your current situation, the phrase ‘between a rock and a hard place’ comes to mind. Your wife wants to complete her taper but is afraid to do so for fear of making things worse.  It’s heck of a position to be in.

Would your wife feel comfortable trying a very small reduction in dose — say from 0.62mg to 0.61mg?    That would be a 1.61% reduction.

Let's see how she feels in the morning.

If she goes down at all, she refuses to go back up again. One % sounds reasonable.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again.  My wife has been tapering .001 mg Valium every two weeks.  She is down to 0.600 mg now.  The waves are pretty much constant and mostly severe.  Symptoms getting greater in frequency and variety.  Suffering badly.

A close friend has suggested some holistic medicine to help with her anxiety.  Any opinions on holistic medicine?

Thank you.

I’m sorry your wife is suffering so much, Helping Husband. 

Holistic medicine encompasses a wide range of treatments/therapies.  Did your friend suggest a specific treatment/therapy? (If so, what?)  Or did your friend just suggest your wife might benefit from seeing a doctor who practices holistic medicine?

It is called Homeopathic 6c arsenicum album.

It's 'All Greek" to me!

We just know that it is somewhat helpful to lessen the anxiety.

I’m glad to see your sense of humor is alive and well, Helping Husband.  This is ‘all Greek to me’ too.

A BenzoBuddies-wide search for Arsenicum album returned only one post about it. See link below.

According to the National Institute of Health webpage linked below, there’s little evidence to support homeopathy as an effective treatment for any specific health condition.  Moreover, there are risks associated with using such unregulated products.  For example, some products labeled as homeopathic may contain substantial amounts of active ingredients which could in turn cause side effects and drug interactions.

Given the above, I personally would not risk taking it. 

Links:

Homeopathic medicine

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=267576.msg3367281#msg3367281

Homeopathy: What You Need To Know

https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/homeopathy

Hello helping husband, I am deeply sorry to hear that your wife is struggling so much.  Some users find that lowering their dose when long holds don't help anymore is bringing them more relief. I am one of them, Benzolottie another. But I do understand the fear of going lower, that is and should remain her personal decision.

The tl;dr on homeopathy:

;)

Hello again,

I have done some digging around the site to find benzobuddies with experiences similar to your wife's and I have found this post with some recommendations, I hope you find some of them useful to try:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=103245.0

Withdrawal is such a long journey, and it must be doubly difficult for your wife in her fragile state. Please know that you are not alone, and keep us posted.

I'm sending you both my best wishes and hopes for a quick recovery!

:smitten: