• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [La...]

• [le...]

• [Ic...]

• 2 weeks later...
[33...]

Too funny! I guess their reflection in the rear mirror might give them covid  :idiot:

I wish I had gotten Covid instead of the damage I got from the drug.

People have no idea.

I've basically stopped talking to people because of this. Even good friends don't understand. They think it's all in my mind.

Yep, I got told my ax’s are psychosomatic. Yep that’s right, I’m making my own hair fall out... I’m making myself wake up after only 2 hrs of sleep even tho I want it so bad. I’m giving myself horrific muscle pain gi symptoms and headaches. Yep. It’s all in our heads.

• 4 weeks later...

I just saw this thread!  Love it.  My two latest things people have said is

1.  My sister-in- law told me that I read about benzo withdrawal too much. She thinks if I read about it then I think I have that.  For one thing, how in the world does she know how much I read or not read?

She takes a lot of meds for real issues and is the biggest whiner when she has a hangnail.  :idiot:

2. My lovely husband..... also complaining about having to take a nap now in the afternoon.  He is also a runner and has been slowing down a bit lately and complains that he can’t run 6 miles as quick as used to.  I say Hey I can barely walk around the block! (I used to be quite active )  ;)

Oh 2 cats if only it were that easy!

U read too much about wd! If u stop, u will magically be healed! Pfft. Right o  :idiot:

Oh and ur hubby x I was a runner and I watch runners all the time and I’m so envious. I miss it so much. God bless him for being sad he’s not running as fast.  :)

I was watching 2 parents just sitting watching their kids play yesterday having a coffee in the late afternoon. Just being totally free and normal. I felt so jealous! To be that free to not even think about having a coffee at 4 in the afternoon! Or to just sit quietly and watch ur kids play. My hubby is very sick still after his stroke and I am the way I am and god I miss just being normal! U take things for granted so much when ur well.

My favorite this week is “sleep hygiene... have u tried that?” And in my head I answered “please shut the f up” omg sleep hygiene are u joking! Grrr  :laugh:

Shayna....oh yes, sleep hygiene...I’m sure it may help some but all the sleep hygiene in the world doesn’t do diddly squat for me. 

Yes missing our normal life is hard .  It’s a grieving process for me. Thank goodness there are buddies that are through this and give us encouragement that we WILL get back to normal or close to it.

• 2 months later...

“Oh ur still having trouble sleeping? It’s really bad for your health u know”

🤦‍♀️ fml

I’m not doing it on purpose u total moron.

:laugh:

Hello miss fortitude x love ur name xx

Oh there’s so many silly things normies say to us... so I had to start a thread  :laugh:

Vent away!  :smitten:

I just saw this thread!  Love it.  My two latest things people have said is

1.  My sister-in- law told me that I read about benzo withdrawal too much. She thinks if I read about it then I think I have that.  For one thing, how in the world does she know how much I read or not read?

She takes a lot of meds for real issues and is the biggest whiner when she has a hangnail.  :idiot:

2. My lovely husband..... also complaining about having to take a nap now in the afternoon.  He is also a runner and has been slowing down a bit lately and complains that he can’t run 6 miles as quick as used to.  I say Hey I can barely walk around the block! (I used to be quite active )  ;)

OMG just found this thread! LOVE it!!

My husband and daughter are always telling me to stop reading about my situation.  Like I'll feel better if I don't know what other ppl in my situation have experienced.  And just Saturday they both got quiet and disagreed with me because I said I don't think I can manage going to a St. Patricks Day party next WE.  They think I'm sequestering myself and it's not healthy for me.  No matter how many times I explain I can't get them to understand that my CNS is so sensitive.  I told my hubs to just go without me and he won't.  So now I'm the bad guy.  How do we survive this crap?

Honestly dee I know! My hubby bought me tickets to a queen revival band for Xmas. Bizarre. I love him to pieces but I was like, babe? It starts at 9pm.... that’s my wind down time. I try to be in bed at 10 every day. I can’t be at a concert with loud music and drunks! Nor would I want to be! (I didn’t go)

People don’t understand even when they live in the same house dee.  :laugh:

Ok here’s another one... bee pollen for my insomnia. Apparently a morning show said it really helps. 🤦‍♀️

I was like oh yeah! I’m sure that will work! I mean, sleeping pills don’t work but bee pollen will for sure  :laugh:

For the love of god. They are so kind to try to help but it’s just hysterical

Honestly dee I know! My hubby bought me tickets to a queen revival band for Xmas. Bizarre. I love him to pieces but I was like, babe? It starts at 9pm.... that’s my wind down time. I try to be in bed at 10 every day. I can’t be at a concert with loud music and drunks! Nor would I want to be! (I didn’t go)

People don’t understand even when they live in the same house dee.  :laugh:

OMG Shay really?!!  I thought I was the only one shaking my head at my hubster in all this.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

My therapist - “ I really want u to get this phone app that measures ur sleep it detects ur movements and breathing and I believe it will tell u u are sleeping more than u think.” Me- “sooo if I lay in bed really still and control my breathing but don’t sleep what do u think it will say?” Therapist - “ well I’m sure it would say that ur awake” me - “well is it also using the camera, suspended above me and does it have night vision?” Therapist- “ I feel like u want to think u aren’t sleeping”

Oh brother. Give me strength

I hear you on that Shayna. I got the watch to check my sleep. When I am awake for a couple or three hours in the middle on the night, it thinks that is my day or something. Report will say I slept from 6:10 a.m. until 9:27 a.m. only. Okay. My sleep is bad but not that bad. I get a few other sleep chunks before 6. Maybe I just don't stay still much at all?????

We could show your doc my watch reports (-:

I know right! I was laying on the lounge one night watching a movie and it said I was asleep! Even tho we are swimming in cog fog obviously are brains aren’t that damaged we think these devices are gospel.

I know right! I was laying on the lounge one night watching a movie and it said I was asleep! Even tho we are swimming in cog fog obviously are brains aren’t that damaged we think these devices are gospel.

I just finally quit wearing my Fitbit when I go to bed.  I didn’t believe it half the time anyway. !

I was always thinking about what terrible sleep I might be having.  I think I sleep better now that I’m not worrying about it.  ;)

Yep that’s why I stopped wearing mine coz it was pointless really. But my therapist thinks I should use reverse psychology and whatever it tells me I got believe it ...  ::)