Funny things “normal“ people say/do

[Sh...]

I've had friends telling me you should really get away it'll make you feel better, when I've been telling them can barely leave house sometimes coz of the OCD.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [La...]

• [le...]

• [Ic...]

Yes Leann, that sucks when they say that! If they only knew how bad we want to go out.

Hilarious when they say " do you need anything please let me know". You call them and conveniently they can't help you.... Today, tomorrow and can't help you on the weekend either.  :laugh:

Yep don’t say u can help if u don’t want to. My daughter told me she was so tired this morning after sleeping 10 hours. I shed a tear or 2 quietly thinking yeah me too

They don't mean any harm by what they say. They're just not being considerate. I have to remind myself not only have I never experienced this but my family hasn't either. But sometimes even with them knowing my situation it sounds like they complain about everything. Sometimes I want to yell at them to stop being so self centered. How would you like to trade places with me for an hour or two.....you don't need a whole day just a couple of hours.  :laugh:

I know. I love my family, but when they complain about sleep it feels like taking a bullet. I wish they could just give me 1 hour each and I’d be fine x but perhaps the universe knows how strong we can be so has gifted us this challenge. I don’t know but I’ll be asking him when I get there one day. Fo sho

Yes if we wasn't strong enough we wouldn't have been given the challenge. Awesome way of putting it, Shay. If you go to the beach please just relax. Enjoy the beautiful scene for me.

They don't mean any harm by what they say. They're just not being considerate. I have to remind myself not only have I never experienced this but my family hasn't either. But sometimes even with them knowing my situation it sounds like they complain about everything. Sometimes I want to yell at them to stop being so self centered. How would you like to trade places with me for an hour or two.....you don't need a whole day just a couple of hours.  :laugh:

[/quot

I try to make allowances for friends who have never been through it most are understanding and got amazing hubby. But friend known for years who been on anti depressants for long time seen various therapists told me should pull myself together and I'm only one can make myself better. Think the expression is she's now " ghosted" me refuses have any contacted

Nd e]

Oh well adios amigo! U don’t need people like that in ur life. I’ve lost a few friends too but I don’t care coz all I care about is getting well for myself and my family.

Think coz not got great family apart from son & husband she was like surrogate sister. Think she has got lot of issues just felt sad as her husband been friends with my hubby over 40 years but he got blanked as well. But as you say people like that not true friends. Wet grey miserable here😟

It’s upsetting when that happens but it shows u their true colours. I’ve got 2 really close girlfriends that know exactly what’s going on, and they are totally there for me. They don’t care how wierd I act coz they know it’s not my fault. They have both had their share of depression and anxiety so I think that gives them great empathy. They know I’m a good friend and person so Everyone else that ghosted me can go get effed! We will make new friends when we are well leann. That can be a thing we do when we heal.... make new friends! :smitten:

Yes you are right but fact she'd had depression for years thought she'd be more sympathetic. Was lot nasty texts tried get her meet up as texts get misunderstood and feel guilty my husband now lost his friend . Only so many times you can hold out olive branch. Got told I'd alienated everyone who ever loved me made me feel like s**t. I need some fairy dust so your positive attitude flows across the web! Thank goodness for supportive people on here😀

Thanks was doing quite well but had a blip day today been doing the exposure therapy maybe overdoing it a bit. Think it's this waves & Windows thing haven't had it before.Yes did get really upset over my friend but luckily most people been understanding even if they do keep asking are you better now, bless them! How are you doing are able to get out of bed yet?

Yes for a few minutes 5-10 at most. I'm happy to do that. Atleast it allows me to get a little sun th n back to bed. I walked to kitchen earlier today and fixed my lunch. It wore me out.

Yes for a few minutes 5-10 at most. I'm happy to do that. Atleast it allows me to get a little sun th n back to bed. I walked to kitchen earlier today and fixed my lunch. It wore me out.

Well done baby steps. Think you're bound be a bit wobbly  after being in bed for long time. I'm off to bed seems funny Shayna just starting the next day and you're probably late afternoon same day as here!

It’s 7:27 here, Friday morning... Where Leann is its 10:27pm Thursday

It’s so cool. I can’t believe the different time zones in us! Huge difference but big country