What to Watch Online During Your Covid Quarantine

[re...]

If you find something online that you think would be fun to watch

while we're locked up in our own homes, please post a link to it here

with maybe a little description of what it is - at least the name of it.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Anything with humor.

How about the movie "Elf" or if you want something more grown up, "the Other guys".

Or to be more wholesome with adventure, do a John Wayne western marathon.

Or better yet, both of these:

Support your Local Sheriff and Support your Local Gunfighter

Kim's Convenice

Award winning show out of Canada.

Korean family owns a convenience store in the city. Father. Mother. Daughter who works at the store and lives at home in the beginning. Son who is not engaging with parents at the start and works at car rental company.

The show is a classic sitcom in short stand alone episodes. Minor challenges solved each episode. Simple humor - several per episode. Some social story lines.

This is an easy watch that will give you a laugh or two (or at least a smile).

Netflix (and maybe Prime).

Kim's Convenice

Netflix (and maybe Prime).

Wonderful pick Lilyann.

I am feeling sad lately and this is the perfect escape for me.  I am so happy there are 4 seasons.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

“Community.” 30-minute sitcom that aired for five seasons on NBC, and one more on Yahoo! Silver online.

Donald Glover (a/k/a Childish Gambino), Alison Brie, Joel McHale, Kim Jeong, Chevy Chase, and more. This is such a good sitcom, and it’s very rewatchable.

The character development is top-notch. In a show like “Friends,” they’ll have a joke in season 3 about Joey liking sandwiches, and by season 6, Joey’s entire personality revolves around liking sandwiches. In “Community,” the characters grow and evolve along with the series, and by the end, there is real depth to them.

“Community” has been on Hulu forever, and has just been added to Netflix. It looks like its newfound popularity on Netflix may soon lead to a movie. #sixseasonsandamovie

I started watching in two years ago, and have rewatched the entire thing ten times. It’s gotten me through a lot of rough patches in my taper, since October 2019. I love this show so much.

[41...]

100 Humans was fun.

I don't watch much TV, so we're catching up on shows from years ago.  Maybe I'll finally watch GOT?!?

Crazy ex-girlfriend (Netflix)

Spy (susan undercover) (Netflix)

And also good, but not only funny: Death to me (netflix)

definitely something with humor.

i am running out of shows but i enjoyed

Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO, Google Play)

Arrested Development  (Netflix)

Family Guy (Most On Demand, Netflix, Google Play)

Snatch (Google Play)

The Gentlemen (Netflix)

Buffaloed (Google Play)

Deadpool 1 & 2 (Google Play)

Hot Tub Time Machine

Jay and Silent Bob

Neighbors

Bad Grandpa

Super Troopers 1 & 2

Ted 1 & 2

Thanks for this thread. I will check some of these out. My 18 year old was watching "community" last night and I saw some of it and it seemed pretty funny.

I have been watching Outlander and am completely obsessed. The first three seasons are on Netflix and I think the rest is on Starz. However, there is no way I could have watched this last year as it has a lot of violence (battles, fighting) and I actually forward through some of that now (and some nudity stuff). But now that I am further along in my healing I can tolerate the more intense stuff. It's a great escape but definitely not light-hearted.