Would you rather go to jail or go thru withdrawal?

[Be...]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [Ju...]

• [Aj...]

• [Pt...]

Jail. And would rather have spent last 23 years in jail rather than ME/CFS and spinal/muscle problems. At least in jail would have been able to study, get Ph.Ds etc and do something useful with my time. And would not have co start worry about being homeless etc.

What’s prison like?

Do any of you know?

l

No, but I am aware that ppl in them can use libraries, gyms, do degrees and Ph.Ds, work etc all things I cannot and much not been able to do since 1996.

What’s prison like?

Do any of you know?

l

No, but I am aware that ppl in them can use libraries, gyms, do degrees and Ph.Ds, work etc all things I cannot and much not been able to do since 1996.

Mmm...that all sounds rather positive...although I’ve read that inmates fight, get stabbed, raped or killed and drugs are plentiful, that drugs are forced upon others who don’t even wish to partake. Can you not possibly be educated outside of jail? Do you really think that jail would be good for a healthy mind? Would you miss family and friends? And you would really rather jail than benzo withdraw? Fine if you think it’s a better choice. I know what choice I will take, bet you can’t guess?

The question was benzo WD org jail. I added 23 years of severe chronic illness.

So, yes, of course you can get educated outside of jail. I had put in a Ph.D proposal before got I’ll but I have not been able to have a job, study, social life or even sit for very long since 1996 so, O would still rather have been in jail despite the considerable risks of that environment.

Would you rather go to jail as a healthy person for years or go through benzo withdrawal for the same amount of time?!

Ajusta

Maybe you forgot the topic.

But that’s fine if you would rather jail.

It entirely depends what jail.  As long as I wasn’t getting raped and was left alone for the most part, I would gladly take jail.  I could even take getting my ass beat from time to time as long as my mind was healthy. 

The thing with a bad benzo WD is that it’s so unrelenting and you never know if it’s going to end. 

I would choose withdrawl. I would never ever want to leave my children they are my everything!!!! Even only worst days I can have my cozy blanket, candles, and sit on my couch with my baby. I’m completely functional when I am not in a wave. Even in my worst wave I can function, but I am absolutely miserable!

I have thought the same thing and preferred jail. But then you lose your freedom. If I want, I can be outdoors. But as a sensitive person, I would never be able to handle harsh words and screaming people all the time. Brutal menace and assault if you don’t give them money. Or anything else…  :wacko:

It entirely depends what jail.  As long as I wasn’t getting raped and was left alone for the most part, I would gladly take jail.  I could even take getting my ass beat from time to time as long as my mind was healthy. 

The thing with a bad benzo WD is that it’s so unrelenting and you never know if it’s going to end.

:laugh:  Sorry, but I thought that comment about getting your ass beat in jail was funny.  I definitely would go to jail healthy.  I'm already in solitary confinement here being so sick.  In prison, you can get a free education, free healthcare, free food, free haircuts, free dental, free clothes; no bills and crap to worry about; free maintenance if your toilet or sink doesn't work; no worries about roof leaks when it rains; no need to clean.  People I see on TV who've been in jail don't look stressed out to me.  They look like they sleep well with no red eyes and don't appear to be traumatized by being in there.  If it's a decent prison and no one bothered me, I'd do that.

I guess it depends what kind. Jail, prison, max security, etc. Jail is very dirty and equivalent to a purgatory type of hell, which is where you have to wait for your court date and deal with other inmates who are constantly going to be testing you. You will have to fight in jail and if you are weak you will be bullied constantly and stomped on. If you rat you are forced to go into protective custody/solitary confinement. Jail has a mixture of different types of prisoners so it wouldn't matter what type of crime you committed and will potentially be surrounded by some terrifying people. Now, depending on the prison you go to it could either be minimum security or max security. Prison is almost always better than jail though. But if you are in a prison with mad dog killers they will test you and you will have to fight. Fighting is part of prison politics and if you rat they will kill you eventually. You can't stay in solitary forever. Also, when you rat, a sadistic correction officer will leak the info in order to gain favor, like 100% of the time. Benzo wd may be worse than jail in some ways but it's really a toss up. Prison or jail is easy for some people though but only for evil genius types or for people who can fight really well. Good people get chewed up and shat out in that type of environment

Would you rather go to jail as a healthy person for years or go through benzo withdrawal for the same amount of time?!

Ajusta

Maybe you forgot the topic.

But that’s fine if you would rather jail.

No, I understood ot fine and said I would rather go to jail.

I then added I would also rather have gone to jail than been ill since 1996.

Martha Stewart survived jail at Camp Cupcake . During her time there she learned to knit afghan ponchos and decorated the place up  for Christmas . She also spiked up the menu and enjoyed the free facilities and perks, including health care which many beyond deplorable people in the U.S. regard as a privilege and not a human right . Given a choice  I think I would take jail over a withdrawal from these drugs from Hell

All of life's experiences  teach us something and I have learned much from withdrawal, but everything I have learned has come at a life threatening cost . Maybe in prison I could have thrived rather than just survived  and at the least knitted a poncho . ::)

Going to jail would mean that I've done something terribly wrong. I prefer to suffer withdrawal and being proud of me for my courage.

If in several months withdrawal is intense just like this week, then I might change my mind. Prefer being in jail than dead.

I would prefer to have my 2 legs broken than being in withdrawal, that's a better deal to ponder IMO.

Going to jail would mean that I've done something terribly wrong. I prefer to suffer withdrawal and being proud of me for my courage.

If in several months withdrawal is intense just like this week, then I might change my mind. Prefer being in jail than dead.

I would prefer to have my 2 legs broken than being in withdrawal, that's a better deal to ponder IMO.

All I feel during withdrawal is pain, shame and regret. Although I can't recall anything terrible I have done, especially against others! All my mistakes were against myself. I only wronged myself not "others", at least not that I know of!

I think women's prisons are alot better than the men's, but not sure.  I knew a few guys who went to jail for DUI's and it wasn't too bad for them.  They could go out during the day on work release and make money at jobs the prison's offered them.  Cleaning up trash along a highway isn't a bad deal either and I think they get paid for doing it too.  I used to visit a guy I dated once who was in jail for six months for a DUI and he did say that he beat some guy up in there once.  He wasn't a good guy though, this jerk I dated.