Let's eat...Recipes

[a6...]

I just started into the cold season, which is for me "stew and soup season" :laugh:

Recipes for me are simple and fast made, can be stored in the fridge for 5 days or even frozen for weeks.

Marigolds Sweatpotato-soup

(about 3 portions)

2 big sweat potato

1 red onion

water

2 tea spoons or more of sea salt organic

piece of ginger

piece of tumeric

coconut oil organic

handful parsley

Peel potatoes, onion, ginger and turmeric. Chop in  small pieces and put all ingredients except the parsley and the oil in hot water.

How much water? about 3 centimeters above all ingredients:_) you may add more later.

Anything smooth? Okey then blend it with a blender, add salt if needed and water, if you think your soup is too thick.

Last step: Add 1 big spoon coconut oil and lots of parsley. If you want the parsley to be blended as well, just blend it again.

Variation: Add a curry powder, broccoli and use olive oil instead of coconut oil.

Serve with fresh bread or crackers.

bon appétit! :smitten:

Marigold

Now I am hungry so I add another recipe... cannot sleep, waiting for the morning to come... so.... ;D

Marigolds vegetable soup - get the vitamins started!

If you have a  wok take it, if not, you need a huge pot.

2 peppers (paprika)

1 onion

half of a hole broccoli

5 big mushrooms

2 handful frozen peas

1 handful green beens

2 carrots

bamboo shoots or other sprouts

sea salt

Chinese rice noodles

Be careful but try it: Wakame seaweed (chop a piece of about 2 centimeters, soak it in cold water for 30 minutes, rinse and give to the soup)

If you want: Miso paste

Its so easy: Before you start, heat hot water in an electric kettle or separate pot. About one liter should be enough.

Chop what needs to be chopped in little pieces, just make sure the pieces are equal in size. Put coconut oil into the pot, let it become hot and then briefly sauté everything. Add the hot water and a lot of sea salt. Boil everything until the vegetables are how you want them to be:-) Add the noodles for 3 minutes, then the chopped chives and sprouts. Last action: Add wake seaweed and 2 teaspoons of miso paste.

This is my breakfast very often and it brings me thought the day quite well.  :thumbsup:

Serve it in a big bowl and slurp the long noodles for the real asian feeling... yummy!

Clam Chowder

2 cans minced clams

1/2 cup chopped onions

1/2 cup chopped celery

1 1/2 cup chopped potatoes

salt and pepper to taste

Cook in a pot until tender

Melt 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter in a pan, add 1/4 cup flour, still until smooth, add 2 cups half and half, cook until thickened

Add to vegetable mixture

That's it!

Quick smoothie to start into your day!

1 banana

Handful rasperries

Handful blue berries

Oat milk 4 cups

hot water just enough to make the smoothie drinkable or just as thin as you like it

2 teaspoons chia seeds

1/2 cup oat flakes (I mean the natural ones, without sugar... not the American stuff:-))

1 Tea spoon coconut fat or coconut oil

cinnamon

Please enjoy it warm and smooooooothy:-)

Made the Sweet potato soup.  It is delicious.

Nice to hear you liked it, too.

I had to learn to cook "thanks" to withdrawal, could not tolerate anything processed any more... In the end you realize that the delicious dishes are mostly simple. Take a veggie, a good fat, throw everything into a pot, water, good salt.. and then play with herbs and so on.

I will add a pumpkin soup recipe you will love!

Marigolds Hokkaido pumpkin soup

(eat it as your breakfast and symptoms might be less intense during the day!)

1/2 Hokkaido pumpkin

2 little onions or shallots if you can buy them

3 tea spoons coconut oil

3 tea spoons sea salt

350 ml - 500 ml water

some pieces of ginger

pumpkin seed oil

black sesame seeds

optional:

2 handful soaked and already cooked black lenses, like beluga lenses (soaked for 24 hours in water, then toss the water and cook them in new water until they are ready to eat, put them aside)

I add the lenses to have a hole meal with fats, healthy carbs and protein in order to make me stable physically and emotionally for at least 4 hours.

Take the half of the pumpkin and clean it properly. You do not need to put the shell off if its a real hokkaido!

chop into small pieces, same with the onions and the ginger.

Coconut oil + pumpkin + oninons into a pot, let it start to sear a little bit while stirring. Then add water, I would say about 300 ml, you can add more water later, if needed.

Cook with middle heat until the pumpkin is smooth. Then take a blender and mix it all until you have a smooth silky and creamy soup.

Its up to you, if you want it thinner, add more water.

Add the sea salt now, as much as you need.

Let it boil a little bit.

Last step when served: Give sesame seeds on the soup, and a little bit of the pumpkin seed oil. Looks wonderful and is yummy!

This soup is excellent if you feel cold, or emotional hysterical or anxious, it contains mostly YANG food so it will ground you and the heat is long lasting and calms down. I often fill a cup and have it as a drink during the day when I am in a wave etc. Do not be afraid of using more coconut fat also. :smitten:

I make broccoli salad all the time, it's delicious, I leave out the bacon and put in dried cranberries, it's wonderful.

Isn’t it though? :)

Anyone have snack ideas for before bed that might help our mornings better?

We call it Late-fast here (The opposite of breakfast:-)).

Jokes aside, it really calmed me down in acute wd. I will write down some vegetarian/vegan stuff as well.

Besides this: You can drink a cup of hot soup right before you go to sleep, the healthy fats will help you recover and the heat of the soup makes you feel warm and sleepy!

And remember: Snacks are not natural. To rise a blood sugar for just a little amount of food is waisting energy. You need a meal. If you need one right before bedtime, well then listen to your body and eat a healthy meal.

All my sleep-foods contain lots of healthy fat, magnesium, Zinc, carbs and proteins in combination. Your blood sugar will be stable, vitamins and minerals make you sleepy and its up to you how much you eat/ how big the portion is. Its always good if your food is warm or hot, so your organs do not have to jump in and heat up the food and for the winter nights, a warm meal makes you ready to snuggle yourself into bed.

Marigolds Sleepy bread

A warm slice of Dark bread (I am German, country of bread, and I am talking about a wholegrain bread, with very little amount of wheat in it, but with seeds like pumpkin seeds which have a lot of magnesium in!!)

Lot of butter on it!

Salt on top and chopped chive

If you like: slices of boiled egg on top / smoked salmon on top

Marigolds ready to sleep porridge

prepare a nice porridge out of

hot water

oat meal

cinnamon

rice sirup if you want it sweet

banana

1 table spoon coconut fat/oil

almonds or coconut flakes

Marigolds hot healthy chocolate

Mix all this together (you need a blender):

Cup of hot oat milk or almond milk

2 Teaspoons pure, organic cocoa powder (without added milk, sugar or anything else, it tastes bitter on your tongue if it is pure!)

1 teaspoon coconut oil

1 small banana

1/2 tea spoon vanilla extract (pure and organic)

1/2 tea spoon cinnamon (or more)

For professionals add self ribbed curcuma (then it tastes like the indian "golden milk" and is good for pain)

If you want it fancy, take some of the milk aside and then foam it up and put the foam on your drink with a little bit of the cacoa powder..

Wrap me to bed by Marigold:-)

1 tortilla wrap (buy a brand with not much wheat in it, prefer corn!)

coat the wrap with mayonese (I use a low calorie one which is vegan)

throw all the ingredients listed on the wrap, then wrap it like a baby and eat it:-)):

2 pieces of salad

1 spring onion chopped

1/2 avocado chopped

optional: Some pieces of leftover chicken, fish, beans, lenses..

Too weak to prepare food - snack number 1 by Marigold

1 coconut milk yoghurt

handful blue berries

some chia seeds

1/2 indian flux seeds

Marigold

Thank you, I m very grateful for these.  Any quick solutions for me right now.  I m also into grab and go snacks.  As I have to be quiet at night so others can sleep.

B

I used the microwave at night. When you prepare a meal, always prepare 2 more portions. Either to eat it at night or the next day or freeze it and use it instead of pizza and other processed food! You could also put the hot soup into a thermos flask and put it next to your bed!

If you eat something cold I would recommend at least to have a cup of hot tea with that meal then.  :thumbsup:

Great idea.  Do any of you use coconut sugar for a sweetener?  Any tea that you drink?

Do you mean the sugar made of the flower of the coconut? At least the name is like that here :laugh:

I used it. Today I do not use any sweateners yet, I do not need them any more. (Lord do you hear me??????? Unbelievable...)

Roibus tea has not caffeine and does not react on GABA. Put some vegan milk into it and it tastes like a chai latte!

I always drank different teas just skipped the ones with caffeine.

Today I tolerate any kind of tea.

Great idea.  Do any of you use coconut sugar for a sweetener?  Any tea that you drink?

I've been using date sugar lately, it's supposed have a lower glycemic index, it tastes pretty good too. 

I've been using date sugar lately, it's supposed have a lower glycemic index, it tastes pretty good too.

Date sugar? Where do you buy that? It sounds kinda strange...

Date sugar? Where do you buy that? It sounds kinda strange...

I visited a date farm near Palm Springs a few years ago, I order it from there, it's just ground dates.  I put it in my coffee too, I have a little bit of residue left at the bottom of my cup, but what the heck, I just slurp it down.  :2funny:

Oh I forgot. Palm Springs....I used to go there on business and yes I believe it’s the date capital of the country, along with retired actors.... >:D

[a6...]
It's coconut palm sugar, yes it is low-g too.  It is delicious.  I use it in my smoothies if they are too tart.  You can bake with it and I think it tastes carmely.

It's coconut palm sugar, yes it is low-g too.  It is delicious.  I use it in my smoothies if they are too tart.  You can bake with it and I think it tastes carmely.

Mmm, that sounds good.

Yes thats a good one, because the chemical chain is long. Means the blood sugar does NOT rise quickly.

I use it for cakes, too! you can use the magical caramel taste! yummy...