Laughter - The best medicine

[Tu...]

Laughter; For me:

- Pulls me back from the intense focus on ME.

- Must produce a change in brain chemistry, well beyond my knowledge or ability to understand right now.

- Puts the world in perspective, reduces the importance of my immediate distress.

So I came across "Ground Hog Day" with Bill Murray just a bit ago. Must be the 20+ time I've seen it, but entirely re-watchable. This movie apparently became the source of now referring to having repetitive ground hog days!  Which I know so well.

And I'm laughing... again! at the same lines and scenes.  And it feels good. Good is a wonderful change from crappy.

Please add what makes you laugh or just smile?  Share a joke, movie, link, etc.  I think it helps.

Getting together with my friends always makes me laugh.  My crew is full of hilarious girls who always make my life better!  I laughed so much the last few times I saw them it made my chest muscles get tight....but it was worth it! I laugh with my husband a lot too, even some Funniest Home Videos on Sunday night.  I know the Groundhog Day feeling!! And yes that is a great movie!  Some of the other silly old movies I love are Caddy Shack, Rat Race, Uncle Buck to name a few.  Those and Sixteen Candles, the Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink are some of my favourites. They always make me laugh even though I have seen them so many times.  And...dogs make me smile.  I can't not look at a dog and not smile!  They just make me happy!

Great post idea! 😊

Looks like we're about the same age Blacklablady!

Other funny things I like:

- Memes on FB.. funny animals, cartoons, etc

- Monty Python skits

- Binge watching old "Fraiser" episodes

- Carol Burnette skits.. Genius...

In 8 days I'm 46! Yikes! How did that happen?  I was at the doctors filling out paperwork a few months ago and I put my current age as 35! 🤣 Completely unintentional and was totally embarrassed, but...I feel way younger than I am.  And I'm still pretty silly! Yes, Carol Burnette, WKRP in Cincinnati, 3's Company, Happy Days....grew up on those shows! Good times!

• 2 weeks later...
Watching my dog lie in wait for the cat to walk by and then a fun pounce. Before benzos I would not have appreciated the humor in this. I’ve learn to enjoy the Little things I never noticed before. So in this one instance, benzos did give me a gift. I will always appreciate these things in life....like also the smell of fresh cut grass.

BG... I'm noticing all the little special things too, they seem so precious now.  Anything that feels good is in such stark contrast to what feels so bad... it just stands out!

I have been.watching funny animal video's. They are hillariuos. I saw one the other day of s kitten swimmimg in the ocean with its owner! Hillarious!

I love watching animal shows on NatGeo.. especially the Planet Earth series.  Not always funny necessarily, but always soothing and easy to listen to with David Attenborough!

• 3 months later...

Saw this and thought it was a funny way to emphasize the importance of social distancing and young people's reluctance to do so!

ea72e1c8285a8732bd0abf364518e9e6fcf5e5f8621a9669938c5effce69baa0.jpg?w=600&h=548

• 2 weeks later...

News Radio (90s Sitcom...so funny!  Phil Hartman (Bill McNeil) :laugh: (R.I.P.), Dave Foley (Dave), Maura Tierney (Lisa Miller), Stephen Root (Mr. James)

Purchased Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD this past winter.  A few weeks ago, one of the cable channels was running a marathon & caught funniest clip (along w/Mary Tyler Moore "Chuckles Bites The Dust")...

"The Jerry Seinfeld Interview"  Pure Comedy Gold!!!  ;D:laugh::smitten:

"Rules of Engagement" with Patrick Warburton, Megan Price, Oliver Hudson, David Spade, Bianca Kajilich is a really funny show. So much humor about being being in a relationship. Highly recommend.

Here's a link to a compilation from Season 1

"Rules of Engagement" with Patrick Warburton, Megan Price, Oliver Hudson, David Spade, Bianca Kajilich is a really funny show. So much humor about being being in a relationship. Highly recommend.

Here's a link to a compilation from Season 1

I liked this show.  ;D:thumbsup: