Help - new liquid titration cut/hold plan, Klonopin 0.75mg

[ha...]

Hi,

I want to make a plan for revisiting my liquid taper next month, and just need a little confirmation.

What I want to do: when I get down to 0.75mg K in a few weeks, I'd like to switch to a percentage method instead of a linear method (sorry if my math terminology is off). This will mean a smoother reduction instead of a taper that begins more "easily" and gets "harder".

What I'm doing now: dissolve 1mg K in 100ml whole homogenized milk, consume 0.005mg fewer K per day. In other words, discarding 0.5ml more per day. Today I'm at 0.855mg K. I've gotten comfortable with syringes, homebrewing, etc.

I believe confidence is the best tool for managing withdrawal. I'm becoming less confident with the plan I'm on now. I started getting anxious about how it gets harder every day because the percentage discarded gets incrementally larger with time. (I'm not feeling the effects of the incrementally larger cuts today, but I do have and have had some withdrawal symptoms that are manageable so far. My symptoms get worse when I'm tired, so I need to manage my energy effectively, rest when I can, and go forward with confidence.)

My new plan would look like this and would start mid-November:

Dissolve 0.75mg K in 100ml whole homogenized milk, this is the daily amount to work with for the taper

Make an initial cut of 10 percent, meaning I discard 10ml and consume 90ml of the milk

Hold for a week or two. See how it goes. Start feeling confident about making the next cut.

Repeat, discarding 19ml and consuming 81ml of the milk

Hold

Repeat, discarding 28ml and consuming 72ml of the milk

And so forth: every cut is 10 percent of the last one until I decide to reassess again, probably when I get to around 0.5mg K per day.

Question: I know daily micro tapers are popular, but I also understand the main advantage of titration is specific increments. Has anyone done a cut and hold plan using a liquid solution, and using the 10 percent cut every 10-14 days guideline?

For me it feels like a math I can understand, and I can gauge my symptoms as I go, and find myself in a "confident" place as I prepare to go from 0.5mg K to zero next year.

Thank you

[7e...]

There are a LOT of ways to do tapers.  You can definitely use liquid (or solid) and do a traditional cut and hold taper. 

I've attached an image contrasting linear and 1st order tapers.  First order is when you make a set percentage reduction per day.  The image also includes a couple of tapers where reductions are tied to how a person is feeling (smaller reductions on rough days; larger reductions on good days).  Whether you choose linear or first order, I think you can give yourself permission to hold occasionally until you feel more confident again to continue with cuts.

http://enchantedskies.net/Tapers2.pdf

nice plan. based on how you are feeling as you taper down you can easily adjust up or down.

Please discard into the trash not the sink!

Good luck and keep us posted

There are a LOT of ways to do tapers.  You can definitely use liquid (or solid) and do a traditional cut and hold taper. 

I've attached an image contrasting linear and 1st order tapers.  First order is when you make a set percentage reduction per day.  The image also includes a couple of tapers where reductions are tied to how a person is feeling (smaller reductions on rough days; larger reductions on good days).  Whether you choose linear or first order, I think you can give yourself permission to hold occasionally until you feel more confident again to continue with cuts.

http://enchantedskies.net/Tapers2.pdf

I'm not seeing the image? Would really like to see that!

Thank you. And if I don't respond for a day or two it's because being online can make me tired or anxious.