Benzo withdrawal explained by "The Lord of the Rings"

[Sk...]

So I just finished my yearly bingewatch of The Lord of the Rings, and even if I can't recall the number of times I saw the movies, this is the first time I can understand how powerful Sam's motivational speechs are.

For the first time, I understood what Frodo felt at this point. I could totally relate to Frodo, and Sam being the tiny spark of hope I still have. The spark of hope that we all have.

It felt good.

I'm still on my way to destroy the ring. Hope I won't have to leave everything behind and go to Grey Havens to heal properly.

I want to leave Mordor and go back to the Shire  :laugh:

• 1 month later...

Skalliz... such an appropriate comparison!  I first read the Lord of the Rings in 6th grade 45 years ago.... Told not to by my teacher, that it was too deep for me!  I've reread numerous times and absolutely loved the movies.. so well done.  The 1977 Hobbit animated film by Rankin Bass is also a favorite. 

We will get through this.... theres quite a fellowship of the ring here at BB!

• 2 months later...
OMG Skalliz! I'm reading the Lord of the Rings right now and I've pretty much calculated that at the slow rate I'm reading and tapering, I may just actually jump off my last dose when Frodo throws the ring into the fire. How perfectly timed this will be! I often compare my benzo burden and journey to Frodo's. All I need is some wizard and elf magic to get me through the most difficult times. As for my Sam, my wife is very supportive and positive that I will see this through.

• 6 months later...
This brought a little tear to my eye. Looks like I know what my next binge watch will be. Even though I have seen it so many times already, I think I will draw some new meaning from it too. With the added bonus of beautiful New Zealand x

New Zealand is gorgeous from the pictures I've seen. There's a guy on YouTube that built a lord of the rings house carved out of a hillside. It's beautiful! Big circle front door