Have to ask again, am I doing this correcly? Why are people against microtaper?

[69...]

[69...]

After seeing Builder and Colin fight again (:P) and Gerbera telling me I was doing something wrong, I have to ask for some confirmation :)

So, at first I started this microtaper with Milk, but that didn't work. Apparently I dissolved everything wrong. I switched back to the Vodka method (which I also only had been using for a few days, I switch to milk because I didn't want to use alcohol).

So I'm using taperingstrips, but the 0,1 mg reductions are hitting me too hard.

So I'm doing this:

I have Valium pills of 2 mg, 1 mg, 0,5 mg, 0,2 mg and 0,1 mg.

I am now at 3,3 mg.

I crush 0,1 mg.

Add 1 ml Vodka. Wait a minute for the crushed pill to dissolve, then add 49 ml water.

I stir it with a spoon.

Take out 5 ml, so I have 45 ml. Drink that, and then take the other 3,2 mg.

So my question:

Am I doing anything wrong at any point in this process? Everybody is welcome is this argument, I need to see everybody's point of view :) I didn't know there were people here against microtapering. Is microtapering safe? Why are builder and colin arguing about it? What are the risks?

Maybe I understood some things wrong with that whole discussion, but my focus is very very very bad. Hopefully somebody can shed some light on things.

So day 1 you dissolve 0.1 mg in 45 mL, take out 5 mL, drink the rest, and then you take 3.2 mg. That's a 0.3% reduction in one day.

What do you do you do on day 2?

And where did builder and Colin get in a fight? I saw one a month or two ago. Was there a more recent one?

[69...]

So day 1 you dissolve 0.1 mg in 45 mL, take out 5 mL, drink the rest, and then you take 3.2 mg. That's a 0.3% reduction in one day.

What do you do you do on day 2?

And where did builder and Colin get in a fight? I saw one a month or two ago. Was there a more recent one?

Day 2 I do the same and then take 40 ml.

I was just joking with the word 'fight' ;). A little argument in the topic 'Valium dosing question maybe builder(?)'

After seeing Builder and Colin fight again (:P) and Gerbera telling me I was doing something wrong, I have to ask for some confirmation :)

So, at first I started this micro taper with Milk, but that didn't work. Apparently I dissolved everything wrong. I switched back to the Vodka method (which I also only had been using for a few days, I switch to milk because I didn't want to use alcohol). - That is why I pointed it out to you in the other thread. You do know you can go back to milk and prepare it the way I explained, right? You have choices.

So I'm using tapering strips, but the 0,1 mg reductions are hitting me too hard.- Understandable.

So I'm doing this:

I am now at 3,3 mg.

I crush 0,1 mg.

Add 1 ml Vodka. Wait a minute for the crushed pill to dissolve, then add 49 ml water. - Curious, where did you get 1 ML ethanol to 49 MLS water? I thought the going ratio was 1mg benzo + 2 MLS ethanol + 8 MLS water, not agreeing with it, just stating what I have seen. I do not use ethanol & water, milk works fine for K & V and is not inconvenient to me in the least.

I stir it with a spoon. - OK

Take out 5 ml, so I have 45 ml. Drink that, and then take the other 3,2 mg. - Seems okay, it is conservative and I tend to lean that way. Did you give yourself time to acclimate to the liquid delivery method before removing? I went to all liquid, held that for 2 weeks, then started removing.

So my question:

Am I doing anything wrong at any point in this process? Everybody is welcome is this argument, I need to see everybody's point of view :) I didn't know there were people here against micro tapering. Is micro tapering safe? Why are builder and colin arguing about it? What are the risks? A liquid micro-taper is very safe, from my own experience and the experience of others that I have been in contact with who have or are currently doing so, C&H was not a pleasant experience for me. Go slow, listen to your body and have stellar preparation and storage. No one can tell you how to taper, only give suggestions and examples/experience. And here is the good news, you are an adult, who has been given information for an alternate way to taper. You decide what you want to do, you decide how slow you taper, you control your own taper. Don't be bullied or feel like you are being pushed in to tapering in a way that has already proven to you is not attainable. Well, whatever you decide, I wish you well. Good Luck.

Maybe I understood some things wrong with that whole discussion, but my focus is very very very bad. Hopefully somebody can shed some light on things.

[69...]

So, at first I started this micro taper with Milk, but that didn't work. Apparently I dissolved everything wrong. I switched back to the Vodka method (which I also only had been using for a few days, I switch to milk because I didn't want to use alcohol). - That is why I pointed it out to you in the other thread. You do know you can go back to milk and prepare it the way I explained, right? You have choices.

So I'm using tapering strips, but the 0,1 mg reductions are hitting me too hard.- Understandable.

So I'm doing this:

I am now at 3,3 mg.

I crush 0,1 mg.

Add 1 ml Vodka. Wait a minute for the crushed pill to dissolve, then add 49 ml water. - Curious, where did you get 1 ML ethanol to 49 MLS water? I thought the going ratio was 1mg benzo + 2 MLS ethanol + 8 MLS water, not agreeing with it, just stating what I have seen. I do not use ethanol & water, milk works fine for K & V and is not inconvenient to me in the least.

I stir it with a spoon. - OK

Take out 5 ml, so I have 45 ml. Drink that, and then take the other 3,2 mg. - Seems okay, it is conservative and I tend to lean that way. Did you give yourself time to acclimate to the liquid delivery method before removing? I went to all liquid, held that for 2 weeks, then started removing.

So my question:

Am I doing anything wrong at any point in this process? Everybody is welcome is this argument, I need to see everybody's point of view :) I didn't know there were people here against micro tapering. Is micro tapering safe? Why are builder and colin arguing about it? What are the risks? A liquid micro-taper is very safe, from my own experience and the experience of others that I have been in contact with who have or are currently doing so, C&H was not a pleasant experience for me. Go slow, listen to your body and have stellar preparation and storage. No one can tell you how to taper, only give suggestions and examples/experience. And here is the good news, you are an adult, who has been given information for an alternate way to taper. You decide what you want to do, you decide how slow you taper, you control your own taper. Don't be bullied or feel like you are being pushed in to tapering in a way that has already proven to you is not attainable. Well, whatever you decide, I wish you well. Good Luck.

Well, the milk thing with waiting HOURS is a bit too much for me. And that little bit of Vodka probably can't hurt.

I chose for 1 ml Vodka and 49 ml water, because I read that you have to use 2 ml vodka for 1 mg Diazepam. My pill is 0,1 mg, so 1 ml Vodka should be enough (I thought).

[69...]

Seems okay, it is conservative and I tend to lean that way. Did you give yourself time to acclimate to the liquid delivery method before removing? I went to all liquid, held that for 2 weeks, then started removing.

No, I did not do that. Didn't even think of that.

Also, I'm taking 3,2 mg in pills, and only 0,1 mg in titration. So would that even be necessary?

Ooo I'll go read the drama!  :laugh: I didn't read the thread because I'm not tapering valium.

If you just cut out 0.1 mg each cut and then hold for 9 or 10 days, it's the same reduction, but you've also made a bigger cut you have to adjust from. And you've already said it's more difficult.

If what you're doing is working, then I vote you keep doing it.

I'm doing a liquid microtaper with xanax. I make my solution totally differently than the "1 mg benzo + 2 mg vodka + 8 mL water" just because I'd rather work with larger volumes and not taper out 0.01 mL every day. Right now I'm doing 2.5 mg xanax + 25 mL vodka + 475 mL water. Then I remove an added 1 mL every day.

With xanax if you cut too fast you feel it in a day or two, so it's a pretty quick feedback mechanism. I like that better.

It’s not really a fight. We’re just sharpening up the titration process to make sure it’s the best it can be.  ;)

That's a very diplomatic way of explaining it!  :)