Vodka or Milk? Help with plan prep.

[Ha...]

Builder and I are OK. I am certainly less at odds with him than with those who come here from without to promote sham/baseless/obsessive/quack protocols. I am sure builder is genuine in his aims - he has provided support at BB for a long time; I just need him to adhere to our rules and (hopefully) understand why we make these demands of members. Here is an explanation of the language we expect members to utilise here:

And now suddenly the boards have been suddenly rearranged and the entire Titration taper board is listed as an Archive, making it less likely that people will look to this section which has a vast amount of discussion and information. This is an active section with active threads.  This is the only board that you did this with, which to me indicates a bias.  How long will it be before you start locking the threads here in an attempt to brush it under the rugs?  It seems that you are not a fan of liquid titration or Builder and this seems like a transparent attempt to brush away an active section with active threads. section.

There are some other points of your post that I would like to respond to, but I am late in going to someplace.  I shall try to address them later on.

Builder and I are OK. I am certainly less at odds with him than with those who come here from without to promote sham/baseless/obsessive/quack protocols. I am sure builder is genuine in his aims - he has provided support at BB for a long time; I just need him to adhere to our rules and (hopefully) understand why we make these demands of members. Here is an explanation of the language we expect members to utilise here:

And now suddenly the boards have been suddenly rearranged and the entire Titration taper board is listed as an Archive, making it less likely that people will look to this section which has a vast amount of discussion and information. This is an active section with active threads.  This is the only board that you did this with, which to me indicates a bias.  How long will it be before you start locking the threads here in an attempt to brush it under the rugs?  It seems that you are not a fan of liquid titration or Builder and this seems like a transparent attempt to brush away an active section with active threads. section.

There are some other points of your post that I would like to respond to, but I am late in going to someplace.  I shall try to address them later on.

It has been in the pipeline for weeks. New board category and board structure; new board tiles and descriptions; and new content already drafted. As for the 'archived' titration board, it is actually still open for posts and is a sub-board to the new Titration board, which is at the same level as the 'Direct Simple Tapers' (previously, 'General Taper Plans') and substitution boards. There is a complete overhaul of the information we provide in the taper section, particularly Titration; a lot of drafts floating around in the Documentation Development board (team-only access); it has just got a to a point where it is easier to have the new structure in place so that we have logical areas to place existing materials and add new. It just so happens that Titration is the most complicated area, so it requires a more extensive overhaul. It is not the first time we have archived an important withdrawal support board:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=55.0

Sometimes it is just easier to start afresh when making substantial changes. By the way, when we properly archive the old Titration board, we will take requests for retrieval of targeted threads to the new Titration area from the old by the topic starters.

Or, I am just jerking everyone around for shits and giggles because I (and other team members) have nothing better to do with our time. Take your pick.

Wow, a lot of stuff going on. I am back home for the night, finished with household activities and interruptions and will try to continue my comments.

I originally wrote: 

Wow, a post that challenges Colin and Builder at the same time while offering to buy the Benzobuddies message board from Colin

Obviously something with someone dating back quite a bit, or some type of behind the scenes shenanigans.

To which Colin replied:

Hi confuseduser,

Pretty funny, hey. ::)

Yes,  from the contents of Gerbera's post I suspected something was from the past was afoot. Jana was before my time.  I never saw her board.  Any familiarity that I have from her is from references on this board. 

In the unlikely event that you decide to take up Gerbera's offer to buy the board, I suggest that you get the money upfront or wait until the check has cleared.  I don't know anything about him/her, but given the situation, I would be skeptical to say the least.  I don't even smiley/emotioncom to use to convey my feelings with this).

Just to be clear, I think this is by far the best benzo resource site on the internet in terms of content, organization of the board, and people.  It was from here that I learned about the Ashton taper which I used to crossover to Valium from Klonopin, and to taper down using dry cuts until the sxs became too overwhelming.  It is also where I learned how to liquid taper thanks to Builder. 

Hill is thin-skinned. We have members of BB banned from her forum simply reporting that they had not reacted very well to her protocols. There are even more bizarre reports of paranoid bannings.

From your description of Jana Hill, the switchover of the current tapering section to archives seems like something that she would do.

The timing of the switchover of this section to archives was just too convenient.  I have no doubts it is something that you you were planning, considering all of the staff's interactions with Builder.  Kind of "Will no one rid me of this meddlesome Builder?"  It is obvious you are trying to bury the current Liquid Tapering sections and its content because almost no one looks in archives.  I notice that you did not archive all of the older posts in the other tapering sections.  So your intention here is pretty blatant.

The reality is that the vast majority of people quitting benzoduazepines do not feel the need to join BB or similar websites. This does not mean that none of them experience problems, or even significant problems. But it must be reasonable to assume that most of them manage to quit via pill-splitting, without substituting their benzodiazepine or using titration.

I agree that not everyone suffers equally.  This is due to individual differences, differences in the meds they were taking, the dosages that they were taking, the frequency that they were taking it, the amount of time that they were taking, etc.  But a lot of people who suffer badly don't understand what is going on and don't end up here because they don't know that this place exists.

Anyway, there is more that I could discuss line by line, but it seems that this thread is getting quite busy.

Hey all, so I've been melting my tablets with vodka, 2ml per 1mg then mixing the rest with higher fat milk.

I try to mix it very well so it is spread out evenly and measure extremely accurately.

It seems as I've dropped a bit lower some days, the dose I am taking almost feels more potent? I am not trying to taper too fast but yesterday I did 0.7, today I actually felt relatively okay, still crappy but I could handle it, then go to take my daily dose at 7pm and because I felt this way I took 0.68, it's about three hours after my dose and it feels like I have taken quite a bit more benzo then normal, the sedating and anxyiolytic effects seem much more potent. Is this a normal sensation even though I dropped? I realize there is probably some variance between dosing this way.

Does this mean I can try and push a little bit with further drops?

Thanks

It has been in the pipeline for weeks. New board category and board structure; new board tiles and descriptions; and new content already drafted. As for the 'archived' titration board, it is actually still open for posts and is a sub-board to the new Titration board, which is at the same level as the 'Direct Simple Tapers' (previously, 'General Taper Plans') and substitution boards. There is a complete overhaul of the information we provide in the taper section, particularly Titration; a lot of drafts floating around in the Documentation Development board (team-only access); it has just got a to a point where it is easier to have the new structure in place so that we have logical areas to place existing materials and add new. It just so happens that Titration is the most complicated area, so it requires a more extensive overhaul. It is not the first time we have archived an important withdrawal support board:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=55.0

Sometimes it is just easier to start afresh when making substantial changes. By the way, when we properly archive the old Titration board, we will take requests for retrieval of targeted threads to the new Titration area from the old by the topic starters.

Or, I am just jerking everyone around for shits and giggles because I (and other team members) have nothing better to do with our time. Take your pick.

When you properly archive the old Titration board?

Almost no one looks in archives.  I noticed that you did not archive all of the older posts in the other tapering sections. 

So your intention here is pretty blatant:  to bury the current Liquid Tapering section and all of its content and information.  It is obvious you are trying to make the current Liquid Tapering section disappear because you have major issues with a certain poster.  This is a poster who is more knowledgeable and helpful member on this board and has patiently answered more questions than anyone else by far.  I understand you have some issues with his presentation and strong oppinions at times, but this seems like a case of an old axiom that I heard attributed to some military officials in the US use during the Vietnam War: "We had to destroy the village in order to save it.” 

[...]

Hill is thin-skinned. We have members of BB banned from her forum simply reporting that they had not reacted very well to her protocols. There are even more bizarre reports of paranoid bannings.

From your description of Jana Hill, the switchover of the current tapering section to archives seems like something that she would do.

The timing of the switchover of this section to archives was just too convenient.  I have no doubts it is something that you you were planning, considering all of the staff's interactions with Builder.  Kind of "Will no one rid me of this meddlesome Builder?"  It is obvious you are trying to bury the current Liquid Tapering sections and its content because almost no one looks in archives.  I notice that you did not archive all of the older posts in the other tapering sections.  So your intention here is pretty blatant.

[...]

From the Protracted Withdrawal Support. It is a subscription board, so you will have to join the group to gain access.

link=topic=229207.msg2945435#msg2945435 date=1568986093]

[...]

Thank you, [...]. I have to admit, though, it has been ten years since I made any major changes to the content on the webpages. the forum has been better maintained, but that is mixture of necessity and a lot of help from the team and members too. We are actually reviewing some content on the website and forum right now. I am willing to look at how we might provide a better overview of the withdrawal and recovery process to new members. Members can certainly help us in this goal.

There are just three  of us working on the changes, in different times zones, and all with other real-world responsibilities. Discussion has been ongoing for over a month about the withdrawal support and taper sections. Six days ago I posted the following synopsis/draft of the new structure:

OK. To get things going, I have decided to go with the in-between option, option 2. Sub-boards, but the Direct Taper board will not double-up duties as the informational board. So, the three taper boards will be at the same level, as sub-boards.

The color codes used in this post are purely to help us distinguish between content and sections. These colors will not be used in production.

Key:

• Categories
    • Boards
      • Sub-boards

[*]Not included

Present structure:

• Planning Your Taper
    • General Taper Plans
    • Substitution Taper Plans
    • Titration Taper Plans
    • Progress Log

[*]Benzodiazepine Withdrawal & Recovery Support

• Withdrawal Support (during your taper)
    • Post-withdrawal Recovery Support
    • Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal

[*]Your Subscription Groups:

• Protracted Recovery Support
    • Español/Spanish Group
    • Faith-based Support
    • CoM Cache

Proposed new structure, with proposed category and board titles:

• Benzodiazepine Withdrawal & Recovery Support
    • Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)
      • Direct Simple Tapers
      • Substitution Tapers
      • Titration Tapers

[*]Progress Log

[*]Withdrawal Support

[*]Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

[*]Protracted Recovery Support (subscription-only board)

[*]Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal

We can add content to the container board, Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans), as and when we develop it. Where appropriate, we can add stickies to the individual Taper boards too.

Let me know what you think of the above.

I don't really appreciate your insinuations of me lying. And, by extension, so are other team members by having to go along with a line that I am apparently spinning here. I should not have to waste time attempting 'prove' to you that I am not playing silly games. There is nothing nefarious or underhanded going on here. The titration section just so happens to contain a lot of poor/dubious/questionable information. So, we wish to draw a line under that. But because some members will have ongoing discussions, we will retrieve targeted threads to the new board upon request.

Oh, and by the way, yes indeed all the old threads were archived from the old Withdrawal board in 2013. Check the old board, all threads stop when the board was archived; and all the new threads start on the same date with the two replacements boards (splitting withdrawal and post-withdrawal into distinct areas - the old single board had become unwieldy). I do not recall for certain, but looking at the thread dates on each board, it appears that we did not move any of the old threads to the new boards.

When you properly archive the old Titration board?

Almost no one looks in archives.  I noticed that you did not archive all of the older posts in the other tapering sections. 

So your intention here is pretty blatant:  to bury the current Liquid Tapering section and all of its content and information.  It is obvious you are trying to make the current Liquid Tapering section disappear because you have major issues with a certain poster.  This is a poster who is more knowledgeable and helpful member on this board and has patiently answered more questions than anyone else by far.  I understand you have some issues with his presentation and strong oppinions at times, but this seems like a case of an old axiom that I heard attributed to some military officials in the US use during the Vietnam War: "We had to destroy the village in order to save it.” 

I think I've already written enough about this.

I should have liked to addressed some of your other points. But, by time is limited / has been wasted.