Help with titration plan for Klonopin please

[Bl...]

Hi,

I've been reading through the threads about the liquid titration method and frankly, I'm confused.  A lot of the video links seem to be down as well.

I have tried to do the microcut taper 5% reduction, with a cut and hold for a 6 week time frame (depends on my symptoms).  I think doing liquid and being able to have the same dose 3x a day is going to be easier in liquid than trying to weigh and cut 3 tablets for each day.

I messed up the math on my microtaper spreadsheet, so I'm just going to start over.  I think I'm at 1.21mg now.

I am currently taking 1.25mg of Klonopin.  I would like to do a 5% hold for weeks until my symptoms abate (or change my taper to less than 5% if needed).  If I can learn how to make a multiple week mix that would be fantastic.

I currently take:

- .5mg tab in am

- .25 at noon

- .5mg tab in pm

1.25mg total.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.

Forgive me, mods and admins, for I have sinned (again).  I responded to the question she asked me in a PM with a math lesson.  Mea culpa.

But for absolution, I will share the full text of my reply, here before the whole BB world.  But in my defense, please note, there is no "tapering advice"; there are no dose changes suggested, no recommended schedule, just a math lesson.

For simplicity, and to really eliminate the need to do any real math, you need a finished solution where .1mg=1ml.

And the ratio that gives you that is 1mgK:2ml solvent:8ml water.  And thats a ratio,  you can use that ratio to prepare as many day's supply as you choose.  If you're at 1.25mg, then a 10-12 day taper supply would  be...

12.5mgK + 25ml vodka or PG + 100ml water.  This gives a 10-12 day supply of dilute liquid K, .1mg per ml.  It can be stored at room temp

I, for one, LOVE the math kesson!  I was reading so much all over the webs and people were shooting out numbers that weren't making any sense to me to use in titration.  250ml, 500ml, and I couldn't figure out where the numbers came ftom.  Everyone showed how to make the solution,  but not how to calculate the solution!

Frankly, breaking it down has been super helpful.  Now that I know it's a ratio formula...

So a 4 week supply would simply be:

25mgK + 50ml vodka + 200ml of water.

I, for one, LOVE the math kesson!  I was reading so much all over the webs and people were shooting out numbers that weren't making any sense to me to use in titration.  250ml, 500ml, and I couldn't figure out where the numbers came ftom.  Everyone showed how to make the solution,  but not how to calculate the solution!

Frankly, breaking it down has been super helpful.  Now that I know it's a ratio formula...

When folks send me PMs (often!) I respond to their PMs.  I have been chastised for violating BB rules by giving "taper advice" through PMs, apparently because then they are not subject to peer review. ::)  So my obviously sarcastic reply (above) is a response to that circumstance,

But back to business, IMO, I would limit my batches to 10-14 day supply.  Your preparation is NOT perishable, and storage will have no effect on the potency or efficacy of the med, but, since your kitchen and your equipment are not "lab sanitary" there is small risk of contamination.  When I did my liquid taper, using RX liquid, my diluted solution did become contaminated if your tried to stretch it too long.

When folks send me PMs (often!) I respond to their PMs.  I have been chastised for violating BB rules by giving "taper advice" through PMs, apparently because then they are not subject to peer review. ::)  So my obviously sarcastic reply (above) is a response to that circumstance,

But back to business, IMO, I would limit my batches to 10-14 day supply.  Your preparation is NOT perishable, and storage will have no effect on the potency or efficacy of the med, but, since your kitchen and your equipment are not "lab sanitary" there is small risk of contamination.  When I did my liquid taper, using RX liquid, my diluted solution did become contaminated if your tried to stretch it too long.

The sarcasm in me appreciates the sarcasm in you.  :D

I see that it's 1mg:2ml solvent: 8ml water....so a dumb question is....why is it 1mg:10ml liquid?  I never had chemistry.  I get that the pills need to dissolve in something, what is the reason behind it take 2ml of solvent and 8ml of water?  Is it to keep an easy ratio or? 

[

The sarcasm in me appreciates the sarcasm in you.  :D

I see that it's 1mg:2ml solvent: 8ml water....so a dumb question is....why is it 1mg:10ml liquid?  I never had chemistry.  I get that the pills need to dissolve in something, what is the reason behind it take 2ml of solvent and 8ml of water?  Is it to keep an easy ratio or?

Yes, its to keep a simple ratio.  Even among the math impaired, almost everybody can multiply/divide in their head by 10s.  Lets say you had a hypothetical taper schedule something like...

1.25mg

1.23mg

1.21mg

1.19mg...

then don't even need a calculator to see that its...

12.5ml

12.3ml

12.1ml

11.9ml

etc...

just mentally move the decimal