How do people use a syringe to measure so low????

[Bl...]

Hi there, just reading other peoples' profiles and they have been doing DLMT, and are getting down to .001?  How do they do that?  My syringe goes to 0, and then the tip has no measurements on it.  I get it if you have a scale, but I'm baffled by people who have this in their signature who are using liquids.  Can someone explain this to me?  Thnx! 

BLL❤

A 1ml syringe will either have 100 graduations (.01ml), or 50 graduations, (.02ml)  If your syringe has 50 graduations (.02ml), the .01ml is simply between the marks.

If you make a dilute solution where .1mg=1ml  then each .01 graduation on the syringe will be .001mg.

Actually, its rarely ever necessary to measure down to thousandths (.001mg), so every 10 marks (.1ml) and the syringe will allow to measure down to hundredths (.01) of a mg. 

And the whole concept of a DLMT is NOT about precision or accuracy, its about a gradual reduction.    If there are small discrepancies day-to-day, dose-to-dose, it really won't matter.  And a great advantage of dilution is it dramactially reduces the error factor.  With a .1mg=1ml solution, if you make a measurement error of .01ml, that's only .001 (one/ 1thousandth) mg.

Your tablets vary far more than that, dose-to-dose.

Builder,

You deserve to be wearing a superhero cape, you know that!!! Thank you once again for helping to explain things to me! I so don't get math!!! Luckily you do and you help so many other people! Much appreciated!

❤,

BLL

Builder,

You deserve to be wearing a superhero cape, you know that!!! Thank you once again for helping to explain things to me! I so don't get math!!! Luckily you do and you help so many other people! Much appreciated!

❤,

BLL

But you do get the explanation I gave you, right?? ;)