valium water titration (need help)

[Mi...]

Hello. I need help with a liquid micro taper.  I watched the video on YouTube that Jocelyn made about the 300ml /300 day water titration method . I'm wondering how would I divide my doses ? Should I divide them equal ? Thank you

The first thing you need to know is ...benzos are NOT water-soluble! 

You can NOT dissolve your Valium in water.  You need to use a solvent, like alcohol (vodka) or propylene glycol, then you can dilute that with water.

And the other thing you need to know...do NOT get taper advice from YouTube.

Yea I just wanna make a suspension. Can you still help me?

Then you need a suspension agent, like OraPlus/OraSweet.  Available on Amazon and many major pharmacies.

A suspension agent requires a viscous liquid.  Water will NOT make a suspension, either.

Yea I just wanna make a suspension. Can you still help me?

Have your asked your prescriber if s/he would be willing to prescribe an FDA-approved oral solution of Valium/diazepam?

Ok I understand now. Would I divide my current  dose into 2 equal  equal jars? Or how do I dose

Assuming your current dose is 10mg V, and you want to cut 5%/14 days:

Combine 100mg V with 200mls vodka or PG and 800mls water.  That will be 1000mls of .1mg=1ml solution, approx a 10-12 day supply.

10mg X 5% = .5mg

.5mg/14 days = .036mg/day  (round up to .04mg/day)

Your daily schedule will be:

10mg                    100ml

9.96mg                  99.6ml

9.92mg                  99.2ml

9.88mg                  99.8ml

etc...

Just lower your daily dose by .4ml (.04mg) each day.

You can spread the total daily dose amount in 2 smaller doses in any way you choose. 

Midwest: 

That is wonderful news that your prescriber is willing to prescribe an FDA-approved oral solution of diazepam! 

Like everyone else here on BenzoBuddies, I am not an expert - just a peer trying my best to support other peers on this difficult journey.

What I can share is that, after considerable reading and research, if I had the option of using an FDA-approved oral solution of my benzodiazepine (unfortunately, one for mine is not available in the US), that’s what I would do.

Re: your question about dividing your doses ...

You’ve indicated in your signature that you are currently at 10mg valium  (2mg morning & 8mg night).  If this has been working for you, then if I were you, I’d keep to that split at least to begin.  One of the advantages of using an oral solution is that you can make small reductions in one or both of these doses.  It’s totally up to you to determine what works best for you -  let your withdrawal symptoms be your guide.

Have you decided what taper rate you want to follow?

Are you comfortable with using an oral syringe to measure your doses?

Oops!  I forgot to add ...

You and your pdoc can look up the drug information pamphlets from the different manufacturers of a diazepam oral solution at:

DailyMed

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/

Just enter “diazepam” in the search box.  When the new page opens, look for the entries that have the word “solution” in them (there are also injections and, of course, regular tablets).  Most of the manufacturers make both a 5mg/5mL solution and an Intensol (concentrate).  For tapering purposes, the former (lower concentration) is preferable.

Yes my provider said she would be willing to prescribe the Oral solution . Should I do that ?

If Rx liquid is an option, that would certainly be my preferred choice.

If you dilute it 9:1, you then have a .1mg=1ml solution, and can follow the schedule as I posted above.

You can NOT dissolve your Valium in water.  You need to use a solvent, like alcohol (vodka) or propylene glycol, then you can dilute that with water.

I don't understand why people do all this research on benzo withdrawal but don't know that benzos are practically insoluble in water. It states this in wikipedia. I'm glad you're around to tell people this.

I don't understand why people do all this research on benzo withdrawal but don't know that benzos are practically insoluble in water. It states this in wikipedia. I'm glad you're around to tell people this.

And that info is widely available from many other sources.  So I share you feelings.

But I suspect the main answer, they saw it on YouTube.  There are several benzo tapering videos on YouTube that are filled with misinformation, including water solubility.