Can someone please check my crappy cog fog maths and titration plan please

[no...]

I am wanting to taper .5mg every 30 days hopefully I will be able to drop 2mg every 4 months that way so I aim to dilute 2mg pill in 4mls of 40% volume(abv) = 80% proof vodka and add 116mls of water to the 4mls of vodka =120mls  then either pull out 1mg per day toss it and drink the bulk left over, or pull 30mgs per day out of the 120 instead of tossing from every 120 so that should  give me 4 days supply.?? Correct me if I'm wrong PLEASE!!

Also I can't remember if Vodka and water makes a suspension or a solution or if it needs to be shaken before taking, all I remember is it supposed to be kept at room temperature in a dark place  not the fridge  ::)  I can't believe how much I forgotten about this stuff  its unreal I had it off to a fine art a few years back now my brain can't see the woods for the trees  :D :D :D

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I am wanting to taper .5mg every 30 days hopefully I will be able to drop 2mg every 4 months that way so I aim to dilute 2mg pill in 4mls of 40% volume(abv) = 80% proof vodka and add 116mls of water to the 4mls of vodka =120mls  then either pull out 1mg per day toss it and drink the bulk left over, or pull 30mgs per day out of the 120 instead of tossing from every 120 so that should  give me 4 days supply.?? Correct me if I'm wrong PLEASE!!

Also I can't remember if Vodka and water makes a suspension or a solution or if it needs to be shaken before taking, all I remember is it supposed to be kept at room temperature in a dark place  not the fridge  ::)  I can't believe how much I forgotten about this stuff  its unreal I had it off to a fine art a few years back now my brain can't see the woods for the trees  :D :D :D

Heya Nova,

It would be dangerous for me to try and help with numbers.. -sorry..

But I just wanted to say I cant reply to your “catch up” PM, so pls check your settings... :)

Good to see you posting again, and I so hope titration helps make things a bit easier...

:)

Alcohol (vodka) is a solvent, and creates a true, uniformly distributed solution.  Adding water dilutes the solution.  Once dissolved, it does NOT need further agitation.  It does NOT need to be refrigerated.  (room temp storage is best)

Alcohol (vodka) is a solvent, and creates a true, uniformly distributed solution.  Adding water dilutes the solution.  Once dissolved, it does NOT need further agitation.  It does NOT need to be refrigerated.  (room temp storage is best)

Thanks  Builder  :hug::smitten: Are my above calculations in bold  also correct?

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Heya Nova,

It would be dangerous for me to try and help with numbers.. -sorry..

But I just wanted to say I cant reply to your “catch up” PM, so pls check your settings... :)

Good to see you posting again, and I so hope titration helps make things a bit easier...

:)

Hi CF, :hug: PM settings  now sorted  :thumbsup:

Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Your math is correct, but "pull and toss" is a silly, wasteful way to take any med.  Just make a supply, then just measure up and drink the appropriate dose each day.

My classic analogy:  Your doc gives you a scrip for a liquid med, and the dosing instructions are:  "Take 10mg the first day, then lower dose by 1 tsp each day after."  I think you would measure up and take 10 tsps day 1, measure up and take 9 tsps day 2, measure up and take 8 tsps day 3, etc.  I don't think you would throw some away each day and drink what was left.

This how a daily liquid taper works.