Desperate for HELP!!!

[md...]

truly desperate for some guidance moving forward. My taper plan was screwed up 2 months ago when transitioned to quickly and tapered to fast.

I was on .6125 K and transitioned to 8 mg V in one week. She had me me do .25 k and 5 mg v and then dropped me the next week to 8 mg V, tapering 1 mg per week when I got really sick when hitting 5 mg. I then up dosed 1 mg to 6 for 3 weeks and never stabilized where I currently just dropped .25 mg. Recently my Dr suggested trying the pills instead of the solution  A friend thinks See if DLMT would help me at this point lessen my severe symptoms? would Like to see if anyone could direct me to how I can request help!? Please and thank you in advance for any help you could assist with!

truly desperate for some guidance moving forward. My taper plan was screwed up 2 months ago when transitioned to quickly and tapered to fast.

I was on .6125 K and transitioned to 8 mg V in one week. She had me me do .25 k and 5 mg v and then dropped me the next week to 8 mg V, tapering 1 mg per week when I got really sick when hitting 5 mg. I then up dosed 1 mg to 6 for 3 weeks and never stabilized where I currently just dropped .25 mg. Recently my Dr suggested trying the pills instead of the solution  A friend thinks See if DLMT would help me at this point lessen my severe symptoms? would Like to see if anyone could direct me to how I can request help!? Please and thank you in advance for any help you could assist with!

Switching to liquid, or starting a DLMT will not "fix" anything.  But it is a method of gradually tapering off of benzos with only limited discomfort or sxs.

Per your PM, you are at a 5.75mg dose, and have access to Diazepam Oral Solution 5mg=5ml. (1mg per ml)

If  you dilute that solution 9:1, then you have a dilute solution where .1mg=1ml.  That's kinda like having a bottle of .1 (or .01) mg pills.  You can make really tiny dose reductions.

If you're at 5.75mg diazepam, and miserable, I would updose to 6mg and hold for about 7-10 days to normalize.

A 5%/14 day taper is a pretty safe place to start.  From 6mg, that would be .02mg/day.

If you dilute your liquid, as suggested above (.1mg=1ml), then you would reduce your dose by .2ml each day.

And even if you choose to do a combo of tablets + liquid, that will still be the suggested daily reduction.

This really isn't complicated.

(I answered your inquiry here instead of in a PM, to keep the mods/admins happy)

Hi Builder.

Thank you so much for your help. I wish I had reached out before I got myself into this mess. I think I am in early w/d and idk at this point if  going up to 6 is going to help or not. I had up dosed to 6 mg last month and held to this past weekend where I dropped .25mg of my am dose (1mg - the 1 mg I up dosed)

I was not sure if I had a reaction last night as I tried a tablet in my 5mg nightly dose for the first time. Over the past month I have been waking an hour after I take my night dose with rapid heart beat, sweats, skin on fire, flu symptoms, bladder tolerance and racing thoughts and my insomnia has got worse, down to an hour. My Dr thinks I should go back to Klonopin, but she is also the one who transition me in 1 week from Klonopin .6125 to 8 mg Valium and then 8 mg V for 1 week, 7 mg the next week, 6 mg for 2 weeks as I started felling really ill, and 5 mg for 2 weeks that ended me bed bound where I she suggested I updose 1 mg to see how I feel. 3 weeks later here I am, not feeling better, never stabilized and just want to move forward with this taper so I can get toff of this poison so I can heal. (I was also c/t twice earlier this year from Benzos as well that I think added to this)

So I am wondering if the DLMT may make things a little easier on my CNS as I am pretty much junk right now. Idk if I will get my sleep back, it's been since late January after c/t off Ativan that I have had chronic insomnia. Had no idea that adding all these drugs following was making things worse. Wish I researched things more instead of trusting Dr's, but her I am.

With the DMLT, is it suggested to break up the dose? DO you think that may help me as I wake after an hour in this panic/flu state?

Thanks you again for all your help, hope my story is not TMI..

Best mdv

Hi Builder, One more question on:

A 5%/14 day taper is a pretty safe place to start.  From 6mg, that would be .02mg/day.

If you dilute your liquid, as suggested above (.1mg=1ml), then you would reduce your dose by .2ml each day.

I would reduce .2ml off every day until compete, correct? It does sound like this is a good way to trick your cns.

Hi Builder, One more question on:

I would reduce .2ml off every day until compete, correct? It does sound like this is a good way to trick your cns.

1)  You're not "tricking" you CNS, you're following a plan that is consistent with your CNS.  Your CNS will adapt as you lower your dose.  A DLMT just lets you more closely match that recovery rate to your taper rate.  A series if tiny reductions will always be more tolerable than making periodic big cuts.

2)  You need to be aware of your taper rate as a percentage.  As your dose declines, you will probably have to adjust your absolute (milligrams/day)  plan to stay at a level percentage taper rate.

Your CNS will tell you when you need to make an adjustment.

Thank you, Right now my worse sx are micro sleep and wakening with rapid heat beat, skin on fire and sweats while tapering 5.75 md, do you think DLMT can help with this as it seeks to be a sx of the CNS and is there an average  how long does it last?

Thanks again Builer!

Hi Builder,

Before I start this, I wanted to ask you from your experience, I’m in severe w/d and not sure how I can get myself to stabilize or not at the dose i fast transition and  tapered down to? My dr wants me to go back to klonopin as she thinks it could be paradoxical and taper, but idk if that’s a good idea or not?

I have been taking .75 mg in the am (from the last updose) and 5 at night. I have micro sleeps and sweat terribly through the night with flu symptoms. I believe from the past kindling this year and all the other meds in between, I got really messed up and have severe chronic insomnia amongst the other symptoms.

From your experience, do you see most people start over and use DLMT, or start DLMT and try to push through in early tolerance and withdrawal? I’m really in a bad place and do not know how or what is the best option. Any feedback from past experience with other people would be super helpful.

Thanks again!

Hi Builder,

Before I start this, I wanted to ask you from your experience, I’m in severe w/d and not sure how I can get myself to stabilize or not at the dose i fast transition and  tapered down to? My dr wants me to go back to klonopin as she thinks it could be paradoxical and taper, but idk if that’s a good idea or not?

I have been taking .75 mg in the am (from the last updose) and 5 at night. I have micro sleeps and sweat terribly through the night with flu symptoms. I believe from the past kindling this year and all the other meds in between, I got really messed up and have severe chronic insomnia amongst the other symptoms.

From your experience, do you see most people start over and use DLMT, or start DLMT and try to push through in early tolerance and withdrawal? I’m really in a bad place and do not know how or what is the best option. Any feedback from past experience with other people would be super helpful.

Thanks again!

IMO, any crossover just adds a layer of complexity to a taper.  If you're on diazepam, I would stay on diazepam.  For several reasons, its probably the easiest benzo to taper from anyway.

IMO, kinding is a myth.  There is little, it any real research to confirm kindling is a real phenomenon with regards to benzo withdrawal.

You need to be stable to start any taper protocol.  You can NOT "push through".

If necessary, updose to whatever dosage gets you stable.  But be aware, it will probably take 7-8 days for the change in dosage to be felt.

Thank you Builder!

My Dr thinks it has been the Valium making things worse and has been making me sick since I crossed over 2 months ago. I don’t want to cross back if it could make things worse? But how do I figure out how do I know what to up dose to get stable? I had previously up doses 1 mg and held for 3 weeks that did not help?

My biggest sxs are chronic insomnia micro sleeps, waking drenched in sweat, skin on fire, flu symptoms and balder retention through the night. Other users said this is normal sx for some and that you have ton to just get through it as you want heal until off? Another user said they had to reinstate a small dose of klonopin with the the Valium to re transition?

I’m not sure, I just do not want to make things worse than they already are! Wdyt?  Thanks again!

Thank you Builder.

I’m trying not up dose, but wondering if I should, or if will even matter? I was c/t off of higher doses of Ativan and klonopin this year before reinstating, and even when I was up to .75 mg klonopin i still had insomnia and multiple sx. I currently have only been getting micro sleeps, waking soaked, skin on fire, headache and can’t fall back asleep with racing thoughts except for short micro sleeps. Do you think this is just part of w/d? Or do you think up dosing May correct this? I have read a lot of other users experiences that up doses and got worse.

Thanks again for all your feedback and support