DLMT Started Too Fast!/Hold or Reinstate?

[Pa...]

Hi Everyone!

Hope you’re all doing well. :)

Nine days ago, I started my DLMT off 1mg of K, which I take in two does of .5mg per day. On the 1st day, I reduced to .99mg, on the 2nd day I reduced to .98, and on the third day I reduced to .97mg. On that day I had some early symptoms, mild but noticeable (aches, foggy brain), so I held. Symptoms went away after one day. So, my first three days had a 3% reduction, which was on track for 30% per month. TOOOOO FAST!!!!

I’ve been holding at 97%, or .97mg since then. For the past few days, about a week in, I’ve experienced some more mild but noticeable symptoms—not debilitating at all and don’t interfere with working or parenting. They are: a few mild anxiety attacks (shortness of breath, tight chest), foggy brain, tiredness, and stomach problems (though I live in Ethiopia so in all honestly, that can’t be considered an actual symptom).

Also in the past week, from members here, I’ve learned about the importance of speed and would rather taper at about 5% per month. I have a supportive physician who is willing to go at this rate. Given what I describe, would you suggest holding at 97%/.97mg until I get through these mild symptoms, and then begin a 5%/month taper from there? Or, should I reinstate to my original 1mg dose and restart the taper? Would this be possible now?

Thank you for your support and knowledge!

Also in the past week, from members here, I’ve learned about the importance of speed and would rather taper at about 5% per month. I have a supportive physician who is willing to go at this rate. Given what I describe, would you suggest holding at 97%/.97mg until I get through these mild symptoms, and then begin a 5%/month taper from there? Or, should I reinstate to my original 1mg dose and restart the taper? Would this be possible now?

Personally, given the short taper history, I would just updose back to 1mg, and hold for 7-10 days.  If you start or continue a taper while significantly sypmtomatic, you will be symptomatic throughout.

30%/30 days is way to fast.  5%/14 days seems to be a pretty safe starting point for most folks.

With a DLMT, you can very easily fine tune your taper plan on the fly.

Personally, given the short taper history, I would just updose back to 1mg, and hold for 7-10 days.  If you start or continue a taper while significantly sypmtomatic, you will be symptomatic throughout.

30%/30 days is way to fast.  5%/14 days seems to be a pretty safe starting point for most folks.

With a DLMT, you can very easily fine tune your taper plan on the fly.

Great, no problem! I’d rather do it right the first time. I’ll probably do 5% over 14 days, or even a month. BUT, I do have one question related to this. If I do go back up to my original dose of 1mg, will I have to go further? I’ve read about people here who have to go way further to stabilize. I’m really worried about that. I have no problem going back to 1mg, but do not want to end up at 1.5mg just to stabilize. Thoughts?

Great, no problem! I’d rather do it right the first time. I’ll probably do 5% over 14 days, or even a month. BUT, I do have one question related to this. If I do go back up to my original dose of 1mg, will I have to go further? I’ve read about people here who have to go way further to stabilize. I’m really worried about that. I have no problem going back to 1mg, but do not want to end up at 1.5mg just to stabilize. Thoughts?

My consistent advice is "go back to the dose you were comfortable with".  I absolutely see no reason to updose to an even higher dose.

Hold 7-10 days at that dose to get acclimated, then go forward. 

My consistent advice is "go back to the dose you were comfortable with".  I absolutely see no reason to updose to an even higher dose.

Hold 7-10 days at that dose to get acclimated, then go forward.

Great, I’m on it. Thank you Builder! You’ve been solid and I appreciate that.