Does it make a difference to use a 5 or 2mg Valium pill for solution?

[jo...]

I dissolve Valium pills to make my DLMT.  I usually make enough to last several days.  I feel like my sx rev up more when I use a 5 mg pill to make a solution more than they do when I use 2 mg pills.  I use vodka as a solvent (2ml vodka to 1mg pill) and the amount of water needed for either pill I use to keep my DLMT ratio the same.

Has anyone else experienced this, or is it just in my head?  I have checked my math several times and I am using the correct amount of vodka and water with either pill I use.

Thanks

JoJo

2ml of vodka will dissolve 1mg of Valium.  It doesn't matter what the dose designation of the tablet is.

2mg will require, 4ml, 4mg would require 8ml, 5mg would require 10ml, 8mg requires 16ml, 10mg requires 20ml, etc.  The dose rating of the tablet makes no difference.

I dissolve Valium pills to make my DLMT.  I usually make enough to last several days.  I feel like my sx rev up more when I use a 5 mg pill to make a solution more than they do when I use 2 mg pills.  I use vodka as a solvent (2ml vodka to 1mg pill) and the amount of water needed for either pill I use to keep my DLMT ratio the same.

Has anyone else experienced this, or is it just in my head?  I have checked my math several times and I am using the correct amount of vodka and water with either pill I use.

Thanks

JoJo

Hi JoJo  :hug: Not sure if I got this right but are you taking out and disposing of  the same amount regardless of whether you use a 2mg or a 5mg pill each time? If so then the drop using a 5mg pill at the same dose is over 50% higher than the drop using a 2mg pill that would explain why your suffering if that's the case. Plus as builder has pointed out you need more vodka to dissolve the 5mg dose than the two, I  personally would also add more water if your using the 5mg pill so you can do smaller cuts, and rectify your dosing drops.

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I am doing everything correctly with regards of the math with both pills and I am reducing the same amount of mg each day.  I am kind of wondering if there is truly a discrepancy in the % of medication in generic pills of 10%-20% as I have read here in different posts.  If so, then a 5 mg pill as a whole would have a greater drop or increase in the medication than a 2 mg pill.  I am talking about the actual medication and not the fillers that are put into the pills.

All I know is that when I make a 4 day batch of solution out of two 2 mg pills. I feel better than when I make a 5 day batch out of a 5 mg pill.

Thanks to both of your replies.  I was just wondering if there were any other people that had this same reaction.  I'll just stick with the 2 mg pills to make my solution.

I am doing everything correctly with regards of the math with both pills and I am reducing the same amount of mg each day.  I am kind of wondering if there is truly a discrepancy in the % of medication in generic pills of 10%-20% as I have read here in different posts.  If so, then a 5 mg pill as a whole would have a greater drop or increase in the medication than a 2 mg pill.  I am talking about the actual medication and not the fillers that are put into the pills.

There is a "discrepancy in the % of medication" from batch to batch, dose to dose, regardless of the source.  Generic mfgrs are held to the same standards as the original patent holder.  But those standards are incredibly broad.  The US Pharmacopiea/FDA standard for both weight and content is +/- 15% (and there are eve exceptions to that).  But based on anecdotal evidence, the actual results are about +/- 5% dose to dose.

This is one of the advantages of making multi-day batches of liquid.  By combining multiple tablets in a batch you are effectively averaging the content.  Even if the tablets varied by +/- 5%, the dose-to-dose content of your liquid will b uniform and consistent..

All I know is that when I make a 4 day batch of solution out of two 2 mg pills. I feel better than when I make a 5 day batch out of a 5 mg pill.

Thanks to both of your replies.  I was just wondering if there were any other people that had this same reaction.  I'll just stick with the 2 mg pills to make my solution.

My Friend has the same problem as you only the opposite way around she's fine with the 5mg but the two mg make her feel ill, so its not just you  :)

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: