RE: UK DIAZEPAM ORAL SOLUTION 5mg/5ml DOES 1ML=1MG? Do I need to add water?

[no...]

I'm being prescribed  DIAZEPAM 5mg/5ml ORAL SOLUTION along side my tablets to try a liquid MT as its too much cutting the pills and dying more each time with the symptoms, my heads a mess and I can't think straight what I need to know is  DOES 1ML of 5mg/5ml solution  = 1MG?

Also can I titrate directly using the solution as it is eg. Use a 1mg or 10ml syringe and remove 0.1 per day from the syringe  containing  just the solution its self with no water, or do I need to add 1ml of the solution to 100mls of water  to dilute it and do it that way? 

Nova xxx  :smitten:

It isn't necessary to dilute it, but it will make it much easier to consistently  measure out small doses, and small reductions.  Dilution also reduces viscosity, and makes it physically easier to handle.

If  you dilute it 9:1, then it's a .1mg=1ml solution.  It will be a lot easier to measure down to .1ml than it is to measure down to .01ml.

It isn't necessary to dilute it, but it will make it much easier to consistently  measure out small doses, and small reductions.  Dilution also reduces viscosity, and makes it physically easier to handle.

If  you dilute it 9:1, then it's a .1mg=1ml solution.  It will be a lot easier to measure down to .1ml than it is to measure down to .01ml.

Hi Builder, :hug: so what your saying is add 1mg of the solution to 9mls of water, which then makes it 1mg=1ml? .  Do I need to shake it up before taking a dose? Does it need refrigerating or not?

And .1ml ? isn't that each single line on a syringe  above the numbers on a  syringe before you get to the actual ml number?  Sorry but my brains really not able to work squat out right now  :( Thanks for your help as always  :hug:

Hi Builder, :hug: so what your saying is add 1mg of the solution to 9mls of water, which then makes it 1mg=1ml? .  Do I need to shake it up before taking a dose? Does it need refrigerating or not?

And .1ml ? isn't that each single line on a syringe  above the numbers on a  syringe before you get to the actual ml number?  Sorry but my brains really not able to work squat out right now  :( Thanks for your help as always  :hug:

If your original solution is 1mg=1ml, and you dilute that 9:1, then the dilute solution will be .1mg=1ml

It isn't necessary to dilute, but it will make the liquid much easier to meter out, measure, and dose.  For example, if want  to measure .01mg, it will much easier to measure .1ml, than it will be to measure .01ml.  And dilution dramatically reduces the measurement error factor.

Once it's diluted, it does not need to be stirred, shaken, etc (but it won't hurt)  It does NOT need to be refrigerated.

If your original solution is 1mg=1ml, and you dilute that 9:1, then the dilute solution will be .1mg=1ml

It isn't necessary to dilute, but it will make the liquid much easier to meter out, measure, and dose.  For example, if want  to measure .01mg, it will much easier to measure .1ml, than it will be to measure .01ml.  And dilution dramatically reduces the measurement error factor.

Once it's diluted, it does not need to be stirred, shaken, etc (but it won't hurt)  It does NOT need to be refrigerated.

Thanks Builder  :hug:

Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: