When to stop

[te...]

Morning all , Builder hope you are well , this question is for you when can you stop . Not sure how low to taper before considering to stop . Still tapering very slow and if I move to fast get some symptoms creeping in . My question is will symptoms still come and at the dose I am at is it doing anything for me ?current dose 0.1844

Thanks lisa

Tech21 will correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe she is taking Ativan.  Per her posting history, she doses 3 times a day and uses this “recipe” to prepare her homemade liquid:

1  0.5 Ativan

1ml vodka

49 ml water

Yes that is correct . It is Ativan and my current dose is 7.5 ml x3

And my solution 0.5 Ativan 1ml vodka and 49 ml water . I make a new batch daily

I’m sure builder will be by soon to answer your questions.  But in the interim, let me double-check (and ask builder to double-check me!) ...

Your liquid has a concentration of 0.01mg per mL (0.5mg divided by 50mL).

You are taking 7.5mL per dose.  This equates to 0.075mg per dose (7.5mL times 0.01mg per mL).

You are taking 3 doses a day.  This equates to a total daily dose of .225mg (0.075mg times 3).

I’m sure builder will be by soon to answer your questions.  But in the interim, let me double-check (and ask builder to double-check me!) ...

Your liquid has a concentration of 0.01mg per mL (0.5mg divided by 50mL).

You are taking 7.5mL per dose.  This equates to 0.075mg per dose (7.5mL times 0.01mg per mL).

You are taking 3 doses a day.  This equates to a total daily dose of .225mg (0.075mg times 3).

Yes, this is what I got too. Tech21, you are taking 0.225 mg per day.

Could any one tell me what percentage this is if at 8-7 I was at 23.8 ml and now I am at 22.5 ml on Sept 11 ?

I know it seems slow but I am feeling some symptoms creep in and wondering if that percentage is too much or if I should just keep going?

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks Lisa

Could any one tell me what percentage this is if at 8-7 I was at 23.8 ml and now I am at 22.5 ml on Sept 11 ?

I know it seems slow but I am feeling some symptoms creep in and wondering if that percentage is too much or if I should just keep going?

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks Lisa

23.8-22.5=1.3

1.3 / 23.8 x 100 = 5.5%

Have one more question , I usually make my daily and then throw. It away , but now I would be able to get 2 days out of it , can I do that ?

Yes.  In fact, you can do 2 days, 5 days, even 10 days, if the milk is fresh.

IMO, "pull and discard" is a silly, wasteful way to take any med.  If you got a liquid med from the pharmacy, you wouldm't  measure out each dose by throwing some of it away.

Have one more question , I usually make my daily and then throw. It away , but now I would be able to get 2 days out of it , can I do that ?

I usually make 5 days worth. I shake it up before pouring out my daily dose.

Hello again, Tech21.  I see you are still waiting for an answer to your question.  I have zippo knowledge or experience with Ativan but did find this on the Tapering Off Ativan Support Thread:

Quoting Luey (who appears to be an active and knowledgeable participant on the thread) ...

“My hope and plan is to slowly but surely walk (not jump) off at .05mg Ativan.”

Tapering off Ativan Support Thread

Reply #7865 on: May 29, 2019, 01:50:30 am »

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=44903.7860