Need help in calculating the amount of diazepam in milk for liquid titration

[...]

Hello buddies,

Hope any of you would chime in. I am seriously considering of switching to DLMT as I’m having symptoms with cut and hold...even when I am cutting using a scale.

I only have 5mg diazepam tablets. Each tablet averages 183mg in weight. At the moment I have cut to 153mg.  So if I were to dissolve a 5 mg tablet in 50ml milk....Do I then drink 41.8ml of the milk to get to my current dose of 153mg?  My basis is that 50ml divided by 183mg gives about 0.273224ml per each mg. So 153mg will be 0.273224 multiply by 153 which will give 41.8ml.

I need someone to help me to confirm if my calculation is correct?  Cant really trust me with my brain fog. Any help is very much appreciated!  Thankssss.

Dila.

Yes, based on the numbers you have provided, your current is 4.18mg.

If you dissolve a 5mg tablet in 50mls of milk, 4.18mg would be 41.8mls.

Hi Builder,

Thank you so much for your confirmation. I really appreciate it.

Next, if i want to reduce by 0.01mg....how much do i take out and by using 5mg or 1mg syringe? I would like to use the most convenient please...

Thanks Builder.

Hello Builder and other buddies,

I just realised that the preferred method of titration here is the pulling out of dosages from a master mix.

If that is the case can someone please come up with a titration plan for me? I would like to use PG to dissolve my 5mg diazepam tablet....and my current dose now is at 4.18mg.

Thank you so much buddies....i really appreciate your help.

Dila.

Hello Builder and other buddies,

I just realised that the preferred method of titration here is the pulling out of dosages from a master mix.

If that is the case can someone please come up with a titration plan for me? I would like to use PG to dissolve my 5mg diazepam tablet....and my current dose now is at 4.18mg.

Thank you so much buddies....i really appreciate your help.

Dila.

Yes, that's why I didn't respond to you previous post.  "Pull and discard" is a silly, wasteful, way of dosing any liquid med.  Just measuring out and taking your dose from a supply is elegantly simple.

To make your liquid...

Dissolve 50mgs (10X 5mg) in 100ml vodka or PG, and 400mls water.  This gives you 500mls dilute liquid diazepam, approx a 12-14 day supply.

If your current dose is 4.18mg, and you want to reduce .01mg/day*, your schedule will be:

4.18mg                    41.8ml

4.17mg                    41.7ml

4.16mg                    41.6ml

4.15mg                    41.5ml

etc...

Just reduce your dose by .1ml (.01mg) each day. 

*  That's really a pretty slow taper rate, and that's OK.  But if you think you want to go a little faster, it's really easy to change your taper rate when using liquid.

Yes, that's why I didn't respond to you previous post.  "Pull and discard" is a silly, wasteful, way of dosing any liquid med.  Just measuring out and taking your dose from a supply is elegantly simple.

Please state this as your opinion, rather than fact.  You have done a lot to help people with certain methods of tapering, however, it's important to follow all forum guidelines when addressing members. As you know, none of us are experts and should not present ourselves as such. We simply offer advice based on our personal experience.

Additionally, I'd like to point out to members that none of the methods of preparing homemade solutions has been tested for efficacy with all the different benzodiazepines. Diazepam can most likely use milk as a titration liquid due to it's high lipid solubility. However, this may not be the case with clonazepam, because of it's low lipid solubility.  The thing is that we just don't know because of the dearth of studies.  Members should know this.

pianogirl

Yes, its my opinion that measuring out a dose of medicine by throwing some of  it away is "...is a silly, wasteful, way of dosing any liquid med."  ::)

And please note, I did NOT criticize the use of milk as a solvent, only the "pull and discard" method.  You can follow the same procedure of simply measuring and drinking your dose, just like one would do with any liquid med.  (but you probably couldn't make "10-14 supplies")

His reply to me indicated he wanted to use PG, so that's a procedure  I suggested.

And the solubility of diazepam in PG is a well established fact, not an opinion.