Still tapering and going to us Probiotics to help with anxiety

[pu...]

I have been using Kefir on and off for many many years well before I ever started my taper. My personal experience was that it appeared to help for the first few days and then I would feel worse. The explanation given about histamines...thank you for that... might explain why I always have that reaction. I always assumed that it was a die off reaction from Candida in my gut. So many things make you feel worse before better  :-[

I have not tried any Kefir or probiotics while tapering (simply out of fear of increased symptoms). So for me I am just avoiding sugar, caffeine, gluten etc. to try to deal with my bloated belly and trapped gas pains. I am very interested to hear from those of you that have!!

Keifer I had no issues with but yes the histamine information was very helpful for me as well as I did not know about this being a big issue for some while tapering a benzo.

Ye I will keep you updated on the status once I receive the probiotics and start them.  I am in Canada and cannot buy them here so had to order off Ebay as Amazon.ca did not carry them and the company  does not ship to Canada as yet.  So probably another week before I get them.  Fingers crossed that they work.

Sorry to hear you have gut issues I do not.  Mine is basically anxiety and that weird scared feeling coming from no where.

Purple

Yes please do! I have noticed my anxiety has gone down since doing the taper. I used to shake so bad at just a thought or some perceived worry about work or if I said something that someone might have taken the wrong way. I still worry a lot (huge worrywart)but I am so grateful that my anxiety, tho I still have it, seems a lot less than when i was taking my full dose and having inter dose withdrawals. I could actually feel my blood turning to acid within seconds and that just set off a whole list of issues.

If I eat sugar or caffeine or gluten my anxiety comes back...but still not as bad as pre taper.

The gut issues have remained though along with a lot of others. I wish you well and I truly hope this works for you. If it does I might be tempted to give the kefir and probiotics another shot!

I hope your anxiety gets better (It is debilitating). So far for me avoiding the foods mentioned, making sure I get to bed by 10 every night, not doing too much physical workouts, watching calming tv and soothing music and doing vagus nerve breathing helps. I wish you good health and less anxiety!  :smitten:

Just another thought...I also used to enjoy eating fermented foods. Kimchi and sauerkraut that would promote the growth of healthy bacteria. But now when I eat it I don't feel well. I am wondering if that is setting of a histamine reaction as well???

Yes it could also be a histamine reaction if you feel fine until you eat them then yes I would say it is.

Purple

• 2 weeks later...

So an update I started taking the new histamine free probiotics a little every other day and no adverse reaction so will increase the amount some more but still stick to alternating days

Purple

• 2 months later...

Thanks for your reply.  But I really felt bad after the one pill and its 5 billion so high potency and no does not say if histamine free  only lists the strains contained.  I reached out to the company and no response.  Weird they responded when I was thinking of buying and now that I did no answer.  I checked out the Calm but it doesn't say whether histamine free but only has 2 and those maybe the ones I need.  I reached out to them and see what they respond.

Purple

Purple... sorry if I'm echoing an answer previously given as I didn't read all the replies.  When it comes to probiotics  :smitten:you have to start slow and gradually increase the dosage over a couple of weeks. That was a very high dose and your stomach wasn't used to it.  Also.... make sure you drink LOTS of water.  Hope that helps.

Yes I thought it was to much to start but could break open as they were spheres and created not be be opened.  I am waiting on a different one

Lifted Bifidus Mood Boost Histamine-Free & D-Lactate Free

B. infantis

B. breve

B. longum

B. Bifidium

and these I can open and sprinkle on food to start and go from there.

Are you or have you used probiotics and do you find they help?

Purple

:thumbsup::smitten: