Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

I'm loving all of the Christmas lights that are up around the city, big huge Christmas trees outside of the farmers market and there were fireworks over the big giant Christmas tree in the center of downtown the other day. There are 150,000 Christmas lights all the way to the waterfront, and even up on top of the space needle.

It's weird because the news station has been saying that it's snowing for the last couple days, but it really only snowed for a few hours 2 days ago, and it didn't stick here in the city. Supposedly north of us and East got a couple feet of snow in certain areas, and had lots of power outages.

Snoqualmie Pass and east and south to Paradise near Mount Rainier is where the heaviest snow is, they get an average of 640 inches per year, supposedly one of the snowiest places on Earth. 98ft/23meters was the record in a year in that area, crazy to even imagine.

Justintime, we were in Seattle in 2019 for an Alaska cruise. It is a pretty city and we enjoyed our time there. We went a day early so we could walk around the city.  It was a fun time.  We had my husband in a wheel chair because he walks with a shuffle very slowly.  After we had visited the Space Needle and Chihuly Garden and Glass, we went back up the hill to our motel and decided to eat there.  The menu was posted on a sermon like stand and so we looked to see what we wanted.  My husband stood up and looked too. We all sat down at a table completely exhausted.  Another couple came in and as they stood reading the menu over the wheel chair, our son jumped up and brought the chair to our table, saying he was sorry to the couple. 

It was a very tiring by fun day.

The train was a great way to get around. 

Like you I love the Christmas lights and decorated homes and trees. I can imagine the 150,000 lights on the way to the waterfront. The Space Needle must look amazing!! Funny how the news station says it has been snowing a lot. I am glad it hasn't snow as much as the news reported.

The snow at Snoqualmie Pass sounds amazing.  The view of Mt Rainier in the winter would be beautiful.

Thanks for sharing that with us

TS, your bike ride sounded lovely. I can imagine how good it felt to be out again.

I hope your flu shot goes okay.  I had a difficult time sleeping the first night after having shots in both arms.  The 2nd day I put a heating pad on the arm  that I usually sleep on and it helped immensely

This morning the tree didn't light up the first time I used the hair dryer, but did the second time. Whew. 

I hope that it will continue to light up through the Christmas holiday. 

Last night I slept 8 hours and 49 minutes. I would have slept longer, but my husband gets up at 7 am sharp. Uff.

Have a good Thursday everyone.

NG 

Hi buddies,

My sleep night before last was 6 hours

Last night I slept 7 hours non-stop.  .

My arm with the pneumo shot in it hurts. I feel a bit under the weather.

Enjoy your Saturday.

TS

Good Saturday everyone,

TS, I am happy to hear you slept well the last two nights. The non stop sleep sounds so lovely.  Keep it up!!

Hopefully you will feel better in another day or so. 

I slept 6 hours and 54 minutes.  I'm feeling quite okay. 

Enjoy the day!

NG

Nightingale, that sounds fun. I actually live in between the Space Needle and the fish bar and Belle Harbor Marina, right over by the cruise ships and where they load up to go to alaska. I've considered walking a couple blocks to get on a cruise ship one day with my backpack and a couple items of clothing in it, and a sandwich from home, and then taking off for a week since they serve food and have laundry on the boats.

I haven't taken the train around here, but I've taken the streetcars and the island ferries and the water taxis and some of the buses. There's even seaplanes and a million types of scooters and electric things to take around here. It worked out good for me because I sold my vehicle right as I was getting off of benzos, and I haven't driven since.

And yes, I get to see snow on Mount Rainier year round, even in the summertime when it's a heat Dome and dry for 6 months. I can also see snow on the Olympic mountain range about 8 or 9 months out of the year. The only way I can really see the Cascade Range is on a really clear day or if I'm on the 20th floor or higher, because it's back behind downtown so you have to be above the other skyscrapers.

Justintime, I love cruising. We started going when our kids were in college and have been cruising ever since. After our very first cruise, we all said almost in unison, when can we do this again!! All of us are now cruisaholics. lol  Some of the best times of my life have been on our cruise ship travels.  We've been all over most of the world cruising. 

Where you live is a wonderful place as you have the ocean and the mountains close by!!

There are so many ways to get around in Seattle!  I am glad you don't need an expensive vehicle to go from place to place.

Those are some amazing views! I love looking at the snow capped mountains.

R&R, I am sorry to hear you have caught a cold. Uff. Get well soon! 7.5 hours is quite good. 

TS, I hope you are doing better each day with your recovery.

Last night I slept 8 hours which included some memorable dreams. 

I hope everyone else is sleeping well!

NG

Being a cruiseaholic sounds like a good addiction, I'm determined to throw a couple pairs of pants and shirts into my new backpack along with some socks and boxers and my shaver, and just go hop on a cruise ship and head to an unknown location sometime in the near future. And the biggest benefit, I don't even need to bring a prescription since I don't take pills anymore!

Hi,

Justintime,  that all sounds heavenly!  It's good to make plans! And then, go put them into practice.

NG,  your sleep is awsome at the moment. Insomnia,  what insomnia? Keep it up!

My pneumo shot has made for a terrible weekend!  Saturday afternoon I got hit by a steaming high fever and awful muscle pain.  My heart was racing like crazy and my face was boiling hot. And on top of that an extreme headache. Uff! Cannot recall having felt this terrible ever. Full stop! Even threw up twice. Around midnight things eased a bit after several Paracetamols. I even slept for a couple of hours. Sunday was slightly better, but still bad. Today I noticed my arm having a reddish/purplish spot the shape and size of an orange. (not the thickness). Still feeling really shaky. Never again will I take this shot!

Anyway,  I survived yet again.

Today is the celebration of Sinterklaas ( or Sint-Nicolaas) overhere. But not for me, as I haven't been nice...lol    You might want to look it up. Or not, of course...

Hope you all slept well!

TS

Good morning all,

R&R, I am sorry you are having sinus issues. I hope you recover soon.

TS, your comments made me laugh and cry like a good novel. That pneumonia shot did do you in!! Mine was one that lasts a life time, so perhaps yours was too?  I hope so.

You were terribly sick. I hope you keep feeling better.  The red/purple spot on your arm sounds awful along with the rest of what you went through. That was one serious reaction!! Uff

The history and story of Sinterklaas was very interesting. There was a lot going on with that story! I'll read more later as my coffee was getting cold. lol

Your comment about not being nice gave me a smile.  We all wear those shoes now and then, but we can and will be forgiven, I think.  At times I stomp around being mad, but then I take a deep breath or three and calm down. 

I've been cheating and taking Hydroxyzine for the last week. I was concerned my tooth extraction recovery along with the splint I am wearing for my Dupuytren's Contracture would keep me awake.

For three nights I removed the splint and so it goes. 

Tonight I will stop taking the Hydroxyzine and hope for the best. 

Take care,

NG

I am back again!

TS, I did read the rest of the article about Sinterklaas!  It was a good read and very interesting to see all of the places the celebration is held. I had no idea!

His attire and riding a white horse had me! When the children leave their shoe with a carrot or even hay inside, was very sweet. 

The changes in tradition have been interesting.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

NG

Hi Nightengale,

Glad my post made you have a nice read and a good time! We're here to please...

Hope your sleep is going to be ok without the cheating bit..!

I slept some 7 or 8 hours last night, but it felt like zero.

Today recovery set in. This afternoon was more or less OK.

The pneumococci shot is for 5 years. But I 've had 2 at once; the first and the last!

Enjoy your Monday and sleep well tonight!

Trochsetter

Hi BB people,

Last night my sleep was a decent 6 hours, non-stop!

Onfortunately no more sleep after that. But, i'll take it.

TS

Hello NG,

So sorry  this happened last night.  I admire how well you handle this kind of things! Outstanding!

Your philosophy makes a lot of sense a lot of times.

I hope you got some sleep after this ordeal!

I do feel much better today, but still not fully recovered.  You're absolutely right about two shots of this kind are too much to handle properly. Another learning point!

Have a nice Wednesday!

TS

Hi all, I apologize for the post before this one. It was off topic and totally inappropriate. 

I am sorry.

Thanks TS for understanding.

NG

Justintime, thank you for understanding.  I sometimes need to talk and this is the place I am among friends who understand.

Thanks!

NG

Hi All,

I’d say I’m between a 4 and 5. Even thought I woke 3 times and felt wide awake each time, I was able to fall back to sleep. I will admit I’m tired today and a bit irritable. Hopefully tonight will be a little better.

Justintime, thank you for understanding.  I sometimes need to talk and this is the place I am among friends who understand.

Thanks!

NG

Of course, I've had some pretty crazy posts and I've been moderated and kicked off this website multiple times, so I'm fully aware of it. I think everybody should be able to talk freely, but it's not my website.

Justintime, I agree we should also be able to talk freely.  In doing so, we find healing. Having been through or still going through benzo withdrawal our lives are changed.  When I found this site, I knew there was still hope.  I found success and healing here among people that I now call friends.

I've never seen your crazy posts and am sorry to hear you have been moderated and kicked from this website.  I am glad you are back and we've had this enlightened conversation. 

NG

TS, the 7 hours of sleep you got was good. Hopefully tomorrow you will feel better. 

I agree the two shots at once is way too much.  On other other hand, pneumonia is not something you want to have.

When I was 7, I had the red measles and then pneumonia happened. I felt like I was going to die and wanted my mother to stay by my side so I didn't die alone.  That is one place I never wanted to be or wished to be again. 

I'll climb down off of my soap box and take a bow.

Tonight I will sleep without the hydroxyzine and see how it goes. 

NG

Justintime, I agree we should also be able to talk freely.  In doing so, we find healing. Having been through or still going through benzo withdrawal our lives are changed.  When I found this site, I knew there was still hope.  I found success and healing here among people that I now call friends.

I've never seen your crazy posts and am sorry to hear you have been moderated and kicked from this website.  I am glad you are back and we've had this enlightened conversation. 

NG

I agree, I'm glad I found this website regardless of the strict rules. If I hadn't been reading everybody's posts and success stories and taken all the advice off of this website, I don't think I would have lasted throughout that many years against doctor's advice.

Wow, some of us have been busy bees on here! Great to read your converssation,  NG and Justintime.

I fully agree with Justintime: nothing is off topic or inappropriate on here. We're a band of benzo-recovery victims on our way back to life again. So there’s someting in it for whoever needs it. Keep the posts coming. It's so good to get things off pur chest at times.

NG,  I  hope your sleep was OK last night!

I slept some 6 hours unitterrupted again last night. And, wait for it, even managed to get back to sleep for a while! Yey!

Wishing us all a pleasant Wednesday!

Stay safe and warm!

Trochsetter

[07...]