You know you're RECOVERING WHEN ...

[se...]

Cannot find the "you know you are recovering (healing?) when ...." thread so I'm starting a new one.  If someone finds it, please post it!

YOU KNOW YOU ARE RECOVERING WHEN ...

You bob your head and mouth the words to a song on the radio because it feels good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Gw...]

• [mo...]

• [Sh...]

When you remember withdrawal because you have gone for a long period of time during the day not thinking about it!  When you have windows of feeling better.  When you hage sex again for the first time since withdrawal started.  When you look forward to something.  0

When you can leave the house and later, go on a multi-day trip away from home, without worrying whether or not you have your Klonopin in your purse.

Forgot I had started this thread when I couldn't find the other one!  Thanks for reviving, Welchie!

When ...

You eagerly spring from your seat instead of slowly getting up so you can go get the next thing done.

• 1 month later...

Great Idea for a Thread Seltzer.

I am most likely DATING MYSELF here but recently I watched a movie with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr.  I cried at the end when he realized she was crippled.  I knew then I am healing.  It was such a touching movie.  I was touched by the great acting.  So believable.  :)

When you start remembering that you do love to be on a surfboard and start wondering how it came to selling the last one... and quickly try to forget and move on from the how and keep dreaming of the day you’ll buy a brand new one and be on the water again.

I agree that when you don't think about benzo or your symptoms you are "better"...the day when you forget about how you are and how you are feeling.

Yesterday I spend my day with my family and when the day was over, I realized that I didn't have a thought to my symptoms.

I felt do happy...

• 5 weeks later...
[da...]
When I saw my mom and dad for the first time in 20 months. It was tears of love and happy tears even though I am in a wave I went to them. My husband drove 100 km and I was far away from my comfort zone :smitten:

I know I’m healing when each Friday begins a new week farther out from jump.  Because, time is what it takes to heal.

SaraSue  :smitten:

...you don't think about benzo withdrawal every minute, or even every hour, and every once in a while you go a whole day living your life without it crossing your mind.

• 1 month later...

...you don't think about benzo withdrawal every minute, or even every hour, and every once in a while you go a whole day living your life without it crossing your mind.

YES!  :thumbsup:

When I get on BB reading positive threads like this and laughing....instead of searching for threads of people who have sxs like mine so I know I am not dying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Haha, GreetCup,

That was a god one  :D

I'd be a bit more literal - when you start getting longish episodes of feeling well (asymptomatic), and ultimately when they become the norm. Or when you stop thinking about the stupid drugs at all (unless you're here to help others)

Kind Regards,

BenzoMutant